Can-Am Bowl

I googled Can Am Bowl and found nothing. Does anyone know the score, maybe even some stat's or a box score? Who played from Texas this year?

I should have the stats this week, but they won't be pretty. It was a defensive game with a lot of special teams involved. The Canadians were probably the best group I've ever seen put together up there. A lot of things went wrong for us early, and we finally caught a break the 4th quarter.

All in all, it was a great way to end my 6 years of doing this. Great coaching staff, great kids, great people hosting us.

It was a very exciting game to watch! Awesome athletes on both teams and scores were very low for a six man game. Very tough defense! Final score was Team USA 16 Team Canada 9.

I know they have a few different rules, e.g the 100 yard field, and I read something once about a way to score 1 point, but how did they score 9?

51eleven":3vf8f1kq said:
I know they have a few different rules, e.g the 100 yard field, and I read something once about a way to score 1 point, but how did they score 9?

6 for TD, 2 for PAT and 1 point for a punt past the end zone.

The field is 100 yards long (Goal line to goal line) and 40 yards wide.
The end zones are 10 yards deep.
The hash marks are located 13 yards from the side lines.
At the instant the ball is put into play, at least 3 players of the offensive team must be stationary on the line of scrimmage.
Unlimited back field motion
The centre is an eligible pass receiver if he lines up on the end of the line of scrimmage and is wearing an eligible receiver's number. Any other player on the line, not occupying the outside position is an ineligible receiver
The convert after atouchdown in 6-man football is worth (2) points, if kicked, and a convert that involves running or passing the ball into the end zone is worth one (1) point.
The length of games is 40 minutes of playing time, divided into four periods of 10 minutes each.

http://www.freewebs.com/canambowlx/factsaboutsixmanfootball.htm

Irish Eyes":2zmxusue said:
51eleven":2zmxusue said:

6 for TD, 2 for PAT and 1 point for a punt past the end zone.

I thought I figured it out on my own after posting, a TD, run/pass for 1 pt conversion and a safety.
The punt through the end zone for a point is interesting. Makes a good punter more important as most (in Texas) don't punt unless it's 4th on your own 20 or less.

Thanks for the game link. I can watch six-man 2 weekends in a row with the Coaches All tar game next weekend.

Got to watch most of the game today. Awesome defensive game. #25 from Montana is a stud for sure. Where will next year's game be played?

Back