Calvert ISD-Head Football Coach Needed(Returning ALOT of Players)

Did Calvert move? Or when he interviewed and accepted the position was Calvert an hour away.
Did the baby come out of no where? Or did he have a baby then accept the job.
Sounds like a bunch of excuses

Did Calvert move? Or when he interviewed and accepted the position was Calvert an hour away.
All I know is that he took a 2A Assistant Coaching job at Axtell Which is in the Waco area. The place he reside.

Same thing I’m thinking as well SW. this calvert team has some pieces returning but I don’t know if they can do any damage this season, it has to be something going on there… I feel for the kids there right now. Almost like Hayes gave up before he even started. New baby or not, I can’t understand that.. he signed the contract knowing what was coming in his life… maybe it’s something going on there that we don’t know.

Sounds like an excuse to me as well. And to do it a few weeks before the season starts is crazy to me. He wasn’t the right guy for that team anyway, really not that good of a sixman coach. He is a great leader of men OFF the field though!!

I feel for the kids at calvert.. Losing the Thomas family is really tough..
Someone else will want this job. Why does it have to be either side's fault?
It’s crazy to think it’s not, just my opinion. Hayes doing that makes it tough for other private school coaches to get a look at UIL sixman coaching opportunities... Calvert May never look to hire another private school coach again. Just my opinion, could be 1000% wrong.

You might be right, I have no idea to be honest with you. I might even participate in that discussion if you put it in the "Sixman Football Discussion" area and would definitely read comments by people more informed than me. I just think Calvert deserves peace and tranquility within their job thread.

I saw they posted the positions for a new boys head basketball and new head volleyball coach. Both positions were filled around the time Hayes was hired. Also they posted that they needed a girls head basketball coach. So if 3 more coaches left after Hayes did, maybe there could be administration issues. I mean 4 coaches quit in the month of July? Sounds fishy. Just my 2 cents.

Back