Calvert is Open again

I guess I ruffled some feathers, So here's my revision

Calvert has options, there will ALWAYS be coaches looking for jobs. They may not get a TOP GUN but someone will apply.

The BEST option IMO is Coach Grimes or Coach Wortham.

This works because
GRIMES - HE IS CALVERT, he can mend broken fences between the community and the school. Keep the athletes in line and hold them accountable.

WORTHAM - HE is the coach that kept the kids accountable, he wins, he's from Calvert.

Wonder Dog":1w6iptaf said:
Calvert has options, there will ALWAYS be coaches looking for jobs.

The BEST option IMO is Coach Grimes comes back helping Ware.

This works because
GRIMES - HE IS CALVERT, he can mend broken fences between the community and the school. Keep the athletes in line and hold them accountable.

WARE - After football, the Calvert kids bonded with Ware in basketball (26-3 according to maxpreps) and Track (had 4x1, 4x2, 100, 200 runners in Austin). I believe he had molded a very strong track team the yr there.

You heard it here 1st Grimes and Ware will be at Calvert

No way in the world Ware ever sets foot back on that campus to coach at Calvert.

coachbronk":18zhefqc said:
Wonder Dog":18zhefqc said:
Calvert has options, there will ALWAYS be coaches looking for jobs.

The BEST option IMO is Coach Grimes comes back helping Ware.

This works because

WARE - After football, the Calvert kids bonded with Ware in basketball (26-3 according to maxpreps) and Track (had 4x1, 4x2, 100, 200 runners in Austin). I believe he had molded a very strong track team the yr there.

You heard it here 1st Grimes and Ware will be at Calvert

No way in the world Ware ever sets foot back on that campus to coach at Calvert.

http://careercenter.tasanet.org/job_lis ... p?id=85738

After doing research, Coolidge has both SS positions open with coaching, Coolidge website has Scheler and Ware as SS Teachers. Why would those positions be open?
I FIND THIS INTERESTING

SWRaider":3vr3nwx1 said:
Where did Coach Cherry go?

"Richland Springs"
Does Burkhart take over offense now and give defense to Cherry.

Losing an OC like the one RS had "COULD" be devastating. Cherry did do great things with the Thompson kid at Calvert.
Maybe he's the new OC at RS

As of now I'm still looking and all options are open. I made a personal choice to not resign my contract for next year. Calvert will continues to be talented for many years to come and I hope them the best.

John Cherry

I have enjoyed watching Calvert Athletics for years. Coach Cherry in my opinion was the right person for the job. Calvert fans are pushing, and hungry for a Coach Grimes return that will never happen. I don't see a scenario where Grimes, Wortham, or Ware ever walk the sidelines again in Calvert.

Kramer":7dsspab5 said:
SWRaider":7dsspab5 said:

"Richland Springs"

It will be a cold day in hades when Burkhart gives up his defense to anybody! Calvert, Milford and Crowell in the East, and Balmorhea in the West all had great offenses. But when they ran into the Burkhart defense, they couldn't stay. Just sayin'.

Kramer":2h7wrbug said:
SWRaider":2h7wrbug said:

"Richland Springs"

Losing an OC like the one RS had "COULD" be devastating. Cherry did do great things with the Thompson kid at Calvert.
Maybe he's the new OC at RS

Nothing against Cherry, but......

1. Kramer, PUT THE BOTTLE DOWN!
2. NO devastation on the horizon, only MOTIVATION!
3. "great things" are good, but they don't mean anything unless you win the big one.
4. OC has already been named.

Latest news coming out of Calvert surrounds Coach Cherry taking the job at Richland Springs, and Coach Grimes turning down the job after a special school board meeting was called. Grimes, was tagged as the only person that could bridge the gap between Community and School. Friends on Facbook stated the school is in desperate need of leadership, tough job, but great athletes. Again, I don't see a scenario where Grimes, Wortham, or Ware ever walk those sidelines again.

So what's the news surrounding Cherry taking the job at Richland Springs. Is there something new that's occurred?

So Calvert still doesn't have an AD/Head Football Coach as of today?

Here's my list of coaches that would push Calvert to an ELITE level. I don't think any of these guys are currently in 6 man.

5. Kyle Hauk
4. Marcus Wortham
3. Harley Ethridge
2. Bret Tyler
1. Mike Reed

Back