Build Your Own Schedule

Pdevitt13

Six-man expert
Ok so this is more of a post that is meant for fun and is pretty self explanatory.

You were just hired as the new HFC/AD at a new six man school.

You're going to play an outlaw schedule and have to fill it with 10 opponents.

Who are you putting on your schedule? Why are you adding them?

Lets see what everyone can come up with :)

If we have depth and talented skill kids I’m scheduling the best I can let’s take some knocks year 1/2 and be ready to go when when slide into a district. Why learn habits from lesser programs?

If we are thin in depth and have no real skill positions I’m going easy to learn the game and condition for 6man

With Talented roster-
any combination of these school

Borden county
Westbrook
Garden city
Strawn
RS
May
Irion county
Rankin
Some select TAPPS schools
(And possible future district opponents)

Not much talent

I’m going easy and future district opponents

Which TAPPS Schools would you schedule? Having gone to both the TAPPS State Championships and the UIL State Championships. I think the six TAPPS schools could compete with the UIL schools. Marble Falls beat Richland Springs to start the season. Bracken beat Rakin, Emery Weiner beat Coolidge, Live Oak beat Blum and Oglesby and Covenant went toe to toe with RS and Strawn.

As for getting in shape, FWCC will make you cover the entire field all night long.

Which TAPPS Schools would you schedule? Having gone to both the TAPPS State Championships and the UIL State Championships. I think the six TAPPS schools could compete with the UIL schools. Marble Falls beat Richland Springs to start the season. Bracken beat Rakin, Emery Weiner beat Coolidge, Live Oak beat Blum and Oglesby and Covenant went toe to toe with RS and Strawn.

As for getting in shape, FWCC will make you cover the entire field all night long.
Well, to be honest, some of those TAPPS schools you mentioned should be 2A programs. Sandbagging isn't as impressive as those that do it think it is.

Interesting topic....keep in mind that the last four weeks of the season will be tough to schedule since most will be in district play.

Back