Broadcasts - State Semifinals

Both my boys have graduated and one of them had the privilege of playing for Coach Mallory...this is the first game I have listened to since then but WOW!! Heck of a game by both teams!! Was really looking forward to going to ATT stadium to watch Union Hill and Shane but instead, congrats to Jonesboro players and their coaching staff.

Congratulations to the Jonseboro Eagels. Congratulations to both teams. Thank you to the broadcasters at all the games but especially this one for overcoming unforeseen difficulties, vocal and technical.

statsman said:
Both my boys have graduated and one of them had the privilege of playing for Coach Mallory...this is the first game I have listened to since then but WOW!! Heck of a game by both teams!! Was really looking forward to going to ATT stadium to watch Union Hill and Shane but instead, congrats to Jonesboro players and their coaching staff.[/quote

Go anyway if you can. Coach Gallegos if I'm not mistaken played in the 98 semi with Coach Mallory that they lost. Smarts now for All the Bulldogs I'm sure. But I'd be surprised if Coach Mallory was not there to support his friend and teammate at State. I would not be surprised to see him bring the whole team, just to show them what it's like, and out of Respect.

He coached my youngest boy in Throckmorton when they won State last..he made my boy feel that he was needed and brought out a talent and confidence in him that my son didn't know he had. I have nothing but respect for him and know he gave all he had in making great memories for Union Hill players. One of a kind

I wanted to say somewhere (again) that in addition to great coverage of an excellent JB-UH game the half-time interview of Abbott's coach Crawford was way cool to me at least. His talking about Strawn-Gordon-Abbott connections hit home and took me back. Mentioning the Strawn-Abbott semi of 08 was also cool. That was the first game I saw a team put up 100 points (almost by accident). I've still got the dvd of it. I can be heard yelling on it 2 or 3 times even though it was filmed from the press box across the field.
I'm now going to dig it out and watch it again.
If the interview was recorded and could be linked here or on LSF that would be outstanding.
I think others, even those not affiliated with the schools mentioned would find it interesting.
Plus I missed the first couple of minutes going to the bathroom an kitchen.
Thank you Mr. Kline, and Coach Crawford.

51eleven":6f6z3cv4 said:
Congratulations to the Jonseboro Eagels. Congratulations to both teams. Thank you to the broadcasters at all the games but especially this one for overcoming unforeseen difficulties, vocal and technical.
I agree, I thought the broadcasting team did a great job, even if they thought a group of Eagles are called a gaggle. They were quickly corrected that a group of Eagles are called a convocation.
Just kidding. It don't matter as long as they bring the ball carrier down.
But just in case......for the finals we have two packs of Coyotes, a convocation of Eagles and as for the Bears...take your pick.The collective nouns for a group of bears are a pack of bears, a maul of bears, a sleuth of bears, or a sloth of bears. (These are the things that matter.)

A band of coyotes is another term for a group of coyotes. Borden County literally has a band of coyotes.
If you are attacked by a group of bears then I guess you could be mauled by a sloth or sleuth of bears.

'

Something's beginning to smell a little fishy on this thread. Is it a school of fish or a kettle of fish?
BTW, what would you call a dozen or so skunks all gathered together at once?

51eleven":1il2ajsf said:
Something's beginning to smell a little fishy on this thread. Is it a school of fish or a kettle of fish?
A surfeit of skunks..........

51eleven":6tdxpnh8 said:

Richland Springs fans???

Ducks and starts running a zig-zag pattern

Back