Brackets are out... Time to jockey for position

cozmo cramer

11-man fan
REVISED (9-25, Sunday)...
This is how I see teams going into the playoffs.. I'm only seeding through the tapps playoff bracket.

And people please don't ask me why or how I came up with this..
ITS JUST A GUESS-TAMATION...
And a few insider tips from a few people that I've PMed...

Much like the NCAA MENS BASKETBALL BRACKETS (I've never gotten one perfect)... OK

District 1. (5 teams)
1. Denton Calvary.. Giving the slight nod to these guys.
2. Brownwood Victory Life.. Will be in the hunt but I think #1 will have too much
3. Granbury Happy Hill.. Great turn around this year, but I believe they will finish 3rd.
4. Lubbock Kingdom Prep.. the huge win vs. #5 more than likely put them 4th.
5. Lubbock Christ The King.. It's gona be a LONG trip to S Houston, A short game in S Houston, and a VERY LONG trip back to Lubbock.. But hey, atleast we will of made the playoffs.

Guess I will have to fly down and pay up on my bet to Red Lobster.

District 2. (2 teams)
1. Heath the Fulton School.. will be too much for #2
2. Dallas Tyler Street... Will hold off McKinney Cornerstone & Killeen Memorial.

District 3. (5 teams)
1. Fredericksburg Heritage... Still has to play their dist opp. but got a HUGE win vs. Geneva
2. Boerne Geneva.. Huge loss to Freddy, should have enough to beat everyone else
3. SA Town East.. #'s show a good offense, but their defense won't slow down #1-#2
4. SA Castle Hills.. played #3 way closer than #5
5. Seguin Lifegate.. Seeing how #4 & #5 played #3.... #4 will beat #5

District 4 (4 teams)
1. Dickinson Pine Drive.. the WLOC game will help them, cause they play better talent. I'm pretty sure no-one in this district has a team like Live Oak (guessing of course).
2. Alvin Living Stones.. soft schedule will hurt them when it's time to play better, faster, more physical teams. Will lose to #1 in district and will lose in 1st round to district 3 RU (SA Town East). Their games non-district schedule catches up to them. Weak scheduling looks good on the W-L record but will hurt them come playoff time.
3. Orange Community Chr.. won't have enough to beat the top two. Their win vs. the defending state champ (Brenham Christian) places them in 3rd place.
4. Brenham Christian... early loss to #2 hurt (still scratching my head on that one as well). Good win vs. Tx. Chr. that clinched #4 for them.

There are 4 districts, so why do #4 and #3 in district 4 play 2 of the champion teams in the first round? Shouldn't district 1 or 3 with more teams have to play that, or even through the district 2 last place team to the champs in the first round. But what they did do that was different in the bracket is they separated district 4 champs from district 3 champs which is good. Except for the first question, brackets look good this year.
Brenhams loss to Orange did hurt, I concur.

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?t ... ision%20II

TAPPS concept has been to prevent #1 and #2 from any district from meeting until the finals. You can have sub-1 & 2 teams from the same district meet the #1 and #2 seeds prior to then.

Starting next year, TAPPS will allow #1 and #2 from any district to meet in the semifinals (all sports). The school administrators felt that making such a move would reduce travel for all schools in the early rounds, which has been a problem in all sports ... there have been instances of teams from Amarillo and Beaumont or the Rio Grande Valley having to meet on a weeknight in some sports (and a neutral site is still a long trip for either school).

in district 1 I have
1. Brownwood Victory Life- Very good team made a run at it last year but at teh same time this could easily be Denton Calvery as well this division is pretty top heavy.

2. Denton Calvery- Same comment as brownwood another very good team has some young play makers on both sides of the ball.

3. Granbury Happy Hill- This team while i have them as my number 3 pick could be a legit sleeper this year in the playoffs they have killer speed that if they can get it transfered to the field can be pretty scary.

4. WF Notre Dame- The division kinda tappers off after the top 3 but Notre Dame can play phisical and hit you in the mouth.

5. Kingdom Prep- Though it kills me i believe the week 1 and 2 wins over district teams is really going to be the difference, have seen a few of their practices and they are a pretty good athletic team very young this is their first year in a district but a very nice way to start the year. Coach Bear is getting the best out of his boys.

CTK, WF Christian, and WF Christ Academy dont miss the cut by much, but early losses in the year to district opponents makes it rough. CTK is going through a rough stretch starting last season but hopefully they can show some effort in the rest of the season

5. Kingdom Prep- Though it kills me i believe the week 1 and 2 wins over district teams is really going to be the difference, have seen a few of their practices and they are a pretty good athletic team very young this is their first year in a district but a very nice way to start the year. Coach Bear is getting the best out of his boys.

Hey I appreciate the kind words. True we are a young team, and honestly, our 3 losses do not reflect our physical ability. Brownwood we lost our QB and RB one after another, but I don't think we were as prepared for Brownwood. They would have probably gotten the win anyway. Grandbury was a good game for us because we got behind and we tried making a come back but just not enough time. Denton was a complete egg laid by us. Very disappointed in our boys because they we're prepared as much as they could have been, but 10 (not joking, 10) offensive fumbles will kill any team.

I am really blessed to have these boys. Wouldn't rather be anywhere else than with this great group of young men.

Wonder Dog":v31r19m7 said:
REVISED (9-25, Sunday)...
District 1. (5 teams)
1. Denton Calvary.. Giving the slight nod to these guys.
2. Brownwood Victory Life.. Will be in the hunt but I think #1 will have too much

That's not how it looked tonight. Brownwood knocked them down to size in the third quarter. 61-16.

Looks like the top spot, now, is just a fight between Victory Life and Happy Hill, except for Happy Hill being knocked off by Notre Dame tonight. Better look at that lineup again. ;)

Here's how I see District 1 playing out.
1. Brownwood Victory Life - Shifty, speedy, accurate spreadback with good receivers will score quickly, a strong and quick defense will shut an offense down. Plain and simple.
2. WF Notre Dame - Has a decent quarterback returning from last season, have good receivers and a strong up front defense.
3. Granbury Happy Hill - Lots of speed. They've been hanging with teams all season long. WF Notre Dame beating them is the only reason I put them at 3.
4. Denton Calvary - Has a great quarterback, and little #5 can play. Done some slipping this year. WF Notre Dame may be a challenge or a cakewalk, depending on what the story is between Happy Hill, Calvary, and Notre Dame. That will determine a lot.
5. Lubbock Kingdom Prep - A young team, yes, but those early season district wins helped their confidence a lot. They have some power and some speed from what I've seen.
6. Lubbock Christ the King - Fell to LKP, WFND, and I see them losing to BVL, DC, and HHF.
7. Wichita Christian - Lost a lot of talent, and that killed them this year.
8. Wichita Falls Christ Academy - Lost to everybody in the district. They don't play Victory Life until season closer, but I don't see that coming out very good for them.

The only toss-up for me would be 2, 3, and 4.

District 4 : NOT SAYING HOW IT WILL FINISH, BUT, how it is at this current time.
TOO much football still left to be played.

Orange Community (3-0) remaining schedule includes
@ Pine Drive, @ Living Stones
Winning out means Orange Community will be the district champs.
But they will have to accomplish this feat with two road games.

Pine Drive (3-0) remaining schedule includes
vs. Brenham Chr., vs. Orange Community
Winning out means Pine Drive will be the district champs.
But they will have to accomplish this feat with two home games.

Brenham Christian (1-1) remaining schedule includes
@ Pine Drive, vs. Living Stones, vs. Bellville Faith
The two games with PD and Living Stones are GIA-NORMOUS games.
Winning out can make things VERY, VERY interesting.

Living Stones (0-1) remaining schedule includes
@TX Chr, vs. Bellville Faith, @ Brenham Chr., vs. Orange Community
Will get a break with TX Chr & Bellville Faith (possible cancellations)
Then LS will be looking at a very tough last two games.

These 4 teams still have a shot at the District 4 Title.

Houston Texas bailed on the PD game the week after they played Brenham, are they still in? Also Bellville has been forfeiting there games, are they out for the rest of the season?

Box Dad":2jrv24bp said:
Houston Texas bailed on the PD game the week after they played Brenham, are they still in? Also Bellville has been forfeiting there games, are they out for the rest of the season?

According to TAPPS rules, once they cancel on a district game, they are not eligible for the playoffs. So it would appear that in District 4, Orange Community Christian, Pine Drive, Living Stones and Brenham Christian all have a ticket to the playoffs. The remaining games will just be for seeding.

WOSgrad":243nxk8r said:
Box Dad":243nxk8r said:

According to TAPPS rules, once they cancel on a district game, they are not eligible for the playoffs. So it would appear that in District 4, Orange Community Christian, Pine Drive, Living Stones and Brenham Christian all have a ticket to the playoffs. The remaining games will just be for seeding.

Thats a district rule voted on by the coaches. It was not voted on in this district.

I believe the tapps rule is if you forfeit a playoff game you will be disqualified the following season.

That doesn't sound right either. I find it hard to believe that TAPPS would kick a team out because they couldn't play a game. Maybe it's for that first round game where the worst team could have to travel 5 hours to get there butts kicked?

4qtr6man":3sczrpq1 said:
WOSgrad":3sczrpq1 said:
Box Dad":3sczrpq1 said:

Thats a district rule voted on by the coaches. It was not voted on in this district.

I believe the tapps rule is if you forfeit a playoff game you will be disqualified the following season.

Actually, that is not a district rule but is in the TAPPS Athletic Plan, Section 138 (C)(3)(c)(1):

"(c) If a school forfeits a district game, and does not play the game,
1. The forfeiting school shall not be eligible for the playoffs..."

This is REAL early ... week 7 and three weeks left to go.

But I think this is how D3 will play out for playoff spots

1. Heritage (wins over both Geneva, Town East)
2. Geneva (wins over Town East, Lifegate)
3. Town East (win over Lifegate)
4. Lifegate (as close as I can tell, even if we beat Heritage week 10, we can't move up above 4 unless a whole lot of things this side of the Second Coming occur)
5. either Castle Hills or Atonement (who meet week 9); Castle Hills could possibly switch with Lifegate at 4/5 depending on results this week's game

Again, ain't written in stone and some things could happen ...7 district games remain.

Standings as of 10-15
(* RCBA not eligible for district honors in 2011)

All Games District Games
Wins Losses Percentage Wins Losses Percentage
Heritage School, Fredericksburg 7 1 0.875 4 0 1.000
Geneva School of Boerne 5 2 0.714 3 1 0.750
Town East Christian School, San Antonio 5 3 0.625 3 2 0.600
Lifegate Christian School, Seguin 5 3 0.625 2 2 0.500
Castle Hills First Baptist School, San Antonio 5 3 0.625 1 2 0.333
The Atonement Academy, San Antonio 4 4 0.500 1 3 0.250
New Life Christian Academy, San Antonio 1 5 0.167 0 4 0.000
River City Believers Academy, San Antonio * 1 5 0.167

District 4
(I've included wins vs. Texas Christian & Bellville Faith)

Pine Drive 7-1 / 4-0
vs. Orange Community Christian
can clinch district 4 title with win vs. Orange Community.

Orange Community Christian 4-2 / 3-0
@ Pine Drive, @ Living Stones
can clinch district 4 title with win vs. Pine Drive & Living Stones
Own head to head tie breaker over Brenham Christian

Living Stones 6-1 / 2-1
vs. Orange Community Christian, @ Brenham Christian
needs to win out; pine drive loss to orange; will put all three teams with 4-1 records.
revert to tie breaker system.

Brenham Christian 3-4 / 2-2
vs. Living Stones
Can't get 1st with two losses; PD has 1 game remaining.
Can finish 3rd with win over LS and LS losing final two games.
Can finish 4th with loss to Living Stones.
I don't think Brenham Chr. can finish 2nd .. BUT I CAN BE WRONG.. Didn't do all the math to make 2nd place add up on here.

Too much football remaining to settle each position, but I THINK it will finish as:

4. Brenham Christian (2-3)
3. Orange Community Christian (3-2)
2. Living Stones (4-1)
1. Pine Drive (5-0)

Could be a 3-way tie at 4-1 IF THINGS GOT CRAZY the next few weeks.....IT'S A POSSIBILITY THIS COULD HAPPEN...

had to go back and re-evaluate my district 1 choices now that the water is ALOT clearer.

District 1 will finish like this:

1st place - Brownwood Victory Life / Wichita Falls Notre Dame WINNER
2nd place - Brownwood Victory Life / Wichita Falls Notre Dame LOSER
3rd place - Granbury Happy Hill
4th place - Denton Calvary
5th place - Lubbock Kingdom Prep
Guessing Brownwood Victory Life will beat WF Notre Dame

District 2:

1. Heath Fulton
2. McKinney Cornerstone / Dallas Tyler Street WINNER
Guessing McKinney Cornerstone will beat Tyler Street.

I think I'm pretty much perfect on district 3 & 4.
District 3
1. Freddy 2. Boeren Geneva 3. SA Town East 4. SA Castle Hills 5. Seguin Lifegate

District 4
1. Dickinson Pine Drive 2. Alvin Living Stones 3. Orange Community 4. Brenham Christian

Wonder Dog":2186be54 said:
District 3
1. Freddy 2. Boeren Geneva 3. SA Town East 4. SA Castle Hills 5. Seguin Lifegate

guess we'll know this after Friday's game between those two schools. (PS Dog, you're real close to double-secret probation ... keep an eye on shady lookin' characters hanging around your house ... well, at least the shady ones who AREN'T already your friends ... )

Back