Borden County "Best of Texas" 6 on 6

Coach Bena

11-man fan
I'd like to let everyone know that the Borden County "Best of Texas" 6 on 6 is being held Thursday June 2, 2016. I am inviting every six-man football team that made the playoffs last year both in Division 1 and Division 2. This makes 64 invitations that are going out this week as well as 24 separate invitations that are also going out to area teams that were very close to making the playoffs this past year. I would love to get as many playoff teams here at Gail to represent the best of what 6-Man football has to offer. Last year we had about 20 teams compete in divisions from Junior High, Junior Varsity, and Varsity. Water Valley won the Junior High division. Meadow won the JV division and Borden County won the Varsity. We will have the ability to have 7 different fields going at one time if we need to. As always we will be hosting the Small Town Team Basketball Camp in the school gyms at the same time. There will be concession stands and a chance to get out of the heat when you are not playing. We will have a covered open air bus barn that can be used to set up camps that will be centrally located to all fields. Bathrooms and showers will be available to anyone that would like to come and camp out on the campus. In the past, teams have brought travel trailers or motorhomes. I would like for as many teams to come as possible so if I need to make it a 2 day event, I can. Also, if there are enough teams from each division, I could separate into D1 and D2 and crown a champion for both divisions and leaving it up to both schools if they would like to play for a championship. Last year we hosted the eventual D1 state champion, Abbott as well as many of the playoff representatives from many different districts. We will provide a gold ball trophy to the winner of each division. Junior Highs and JV's will receive champion t-shirts. The cost is $90 per team. Each school must provide 1 ref for each game. Please let me know as soon as you can if you plan on bringing a team. My number is 325-436-3371. My email is [email protected] You can just text me. Most of you will be receiving a letter invitation as well. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Coach Benavidez
Borden County ISD
Gail, Texas

Back