Blum versus Fredericksburg Heritage

come on fellas, lets just say that on that day on that field Freddy was the better team. now if they were to meet again maybe blum would win. who knows. lets put it to rest now. Freddy won.

I agree tepryde. It is a new week with a completely different game tomorrow. I just want to say two final things.

For me, this was not only a win for Fredericksburg Heritage, but a win for all the small private schools that have been pummelled by UIL schools over the years.

And finally, if anyone wants to read the comments of Fredericksburg Heritage Head Coach Tim Shipman about this game, they are posted at the Message Board Division 1 District 12 on this site under "BLUM BOBCATS".

My apologies to anyone who might have been offended by anything said in my posts.

Guys, I guess all I can say is I'm sure glad I'm not Blum's opponent this week. Sounds like they are ready to open a giant can of whoop on somebody.

I kinda know how they feel after our game last week. Guess we're not going 10-0 this year.

Based upon Blum's disappointing effort against Milford and a less dominant performance by Fredericksburg this week, is there any reason to believe we've read too much into Fredericksburg's throttling of Blum in Week 1?

Congratulations to Lifegate....I know New Life isn't what it was last year, but looks like Seguin wasn't messing around this week.

BrazosportChristianFan":1to0k3kc said:
Based upon Blum's disappointing effort against Milford and a less dominant performance by Fredericksburg this week, is there any reason to believe we've read too much into Fredericksburg's throttling of Blum in Week 1?

Congratulations to Lifegate....I know New Life isn't what it was last year, but looks like Seguin wasn't messing around this week.

I doubt if anybody here is taking Hertage litely. NYOS isn't a bad team this year and, well Blum may get better as the year goes on.

And New Life is a good ball club, just ran into a buzz saw late in the first quarter (which ended 41-19; the first quarter took 1 hour to run...). It was a good win, but when you see a young man from New Life (see note on the main topic about prayers needed) go down with a serious spinal injury and watch Air Life land on the football field to take him to a trauma center, all of a sudden 66-19 isn't as fun as it was.

The kid actually walked off the field and then collapsed. And most people did not realize the severity of the injury until after the game had completed. Please keep him, his family and his team in your prayers.

I may write more about that later.

John

John:

Thanks for letting us know about the prayer request and, yes, I can see how that makes a final score pretty trivial. I know the life flights in many cases are precautionary and I hope the injury is not too serious.

New Life may be a pretty good team this year, but last year they had a very slippery and FAST QB. I saw him play twice (Brendan ?) and he kept New Life in the game with Rockwall in the quarter finals for a long time.

God bless you and your Lifegate team, John, and thanks for the great job you do with this site.

^Ah yes, Brandon Jackson (#10). God must have endowed him with superhuman speed and accidentally gave him legs intended for a gazelle, or something. He ran all over us. lol fortunately, we still won the game, but....The All-Star game was a different story...

Back