Black-Eyed Pea Recipes

As to the topic. I remember once having them with a ham bone with a little meat left on it cooked in with them. Or with a couple of slices of bacon cooked in for flavor. Mother served them with home made relish. It helped but nothing ever made them taste good, just tolerable.
Best way though is fresh out of the garden with snaps in them.
I think next New Year's day I'll have mine on a bed of lightly crushed fritos topped with cheese, onions, peppers and chili. Maybe it will help. (a little relish too please)

51eleven":1khi6e9j said:
As to the topic. I remember once having them with a ham bone with a little meat left on it cooked in with them. Or with a couple of slices of bacon cooked in for flavor. Mother served them with home made relish. It helped but nothing ever made them taste good, just tolerable.
I think next New Year's day I'll have mine on a bed of lightly crushed fritos topped with cheese, onions, peppers and chili. Maybe it will help. (a little relish too please)
That sounded good until you added relish.

CowboyP":1revp6ia said:
51eleven":1revp6ia said:
Even with the relish it doesn't sound "good" to me. I could just skip the pea's & have the frito pie.

CowboyP":1jnu8xt8 said:
51eleven":1jnu8xt8 said:
I'd probably leave the relish off this concoction too. But the whole point is to kill the taste of the peas. Might add a layer of chili, cheese, and onions under the peas. More jalapeno's on top please.

51eleven":30kd92ot said:
CowboyP":30kd92ot said:
51eleven":30kd92ot said:
I'd probably leave the relish off this concoction too. But the whole point is to kill the taste of the peas. Might add a layer of chili, cheese, and onions under the peas. More jalapeno's on top please.
You may want to try using one spoon of peas for every 3 spoons of chili. That should hide the flavor of them.

Back