Biggest Upset Ever?

rainjacktx

Six-man fan
Congratulations to Coach Helton and his Dallas The Covenant team in beating Throckmorton. This is the biggest upset I've ever seen since following 6-man.

Coach Helton knows a little something about beating very good teams. His high school team beat Whit in 2000 when they were #1 in the state. Congrats Brice, your dad will always be Coach Helton to me. lol

I was at this game and it was one of the best games I have ever seen at any level. An upset, yes. A fluke, no. Covenant is the real deal. They are very well coached, in superb athletic condition, play very smart, play very aggressive and are VERY, VERY fast. I can tell you right now, if I was a top team in the state, I would not want to play them....

Lets see.. they 45’d Aquilla.. played Abbott (I consider a top 10 DI team) to a 6 point loss… a big upset… no but a pleasant surprise… yes.

Yes, Covenant 45's Aquilla on the first play of the 3rd quarter. I don't think Aquilla even had a first down. Abbott is good, there is no doubt about that, but Covenant was tight and nervous and spotted them 18 points in like the first 5 minutes and then made a game of it.

jsheley":xmpiggn7 said:
I was at this game and it was one of the best games I have ever seen at any level. An upset, yes. A fluke, no. Covenant is the real deal. They are very well coached, in superb athletic condition, play very smart, play very aggressive and are VERY, VERY fast. I can tell you right now, if I was a top team in the state, I would not want to play them....

this post by an obvious covenant fan is venturing into the ACHS category from a few seasons ago. Covenant has always had the reputation of lying low on the message board and doing their talking on the field. That reputation is quickly being changed mr jsheley...

rainjacktx":1j046ymr said:
Obviously, there are ACHS pom pom girls who would prefer that fans from DC not talk out loud.

I will not deny being a pom pom girl, what I will deny is being from ACHS. Please do not insult me in such a way.

Hardly. It would've been a lot sweeter of an upset if we saw gold-burg or someone like that take down the big purple giant. It was a TAPPS powerhouse. It was gonna be a good game.

I believe the biggest upset I have witnessed was in 2002. Ft. Elliot upset Whitharral 28-22 to advance to the Regional semi-finals. Whitharral was ranked #1 at the time and was on a 26 game winning streak.

Largest factor in the Ft. Elliot victory was the Whitharral loss of Hall of Fame player Brandon Hoskins on the very first play of the game. He left the game after dislocated his elbow returning the opening kickoff. This event was a major point swing in the game.

justobserving":77scvi75 said:
I believe the biggest upset I have witnessed was in 2002. Ft. Elliot upset Whitharral 28-22 to advance to the Regional semi-finals. Whitharral was ranked #1 at the time and was on a 26 game winning streak.

Largest factor in the Ft. Elliot victory was the Whitharral loss of Hall of Fame player Brandon Hoskins on the very first play of the game. He left the game after dislocated his elbow returning the opening kickoff. This event was a major point swing in the game.

That was a giant upset. FE only suited up 7 kids, if I remember correctly. They were huge, fast, strong kids, though. I think Fort Elliot was horribly under-ranked going into that game.

But that was in the second round of the playoffs. And if Hoskins played the whole game?

But I still say the DC upset over Throck was bigger. BTW - how many game win streak did Throck have going into the DC game? It was around 20 - wasn't it?

Yep - seven kids. The Ft. Elliot kids played really hard. It took Whit about 3 quarters to figure out they could play without Brandon but it was too late. I believe Hoskins loss was a 30 point difference in the game minimum. Just don't lose a player of that caliber and survive.

The biggest part of the loss of Brandon was his defense. That 6' 3" and 215 pounds of human coming at the sweep from the safety position with 48.0 flat 400 meter speed was the killer to Whit. Ft. Elliot beat Whit running the power sweep. I just can't see that being the case if he had been on the field. Of course you just can't calculate the offensive point loss with him gone. Where ever he blocked is where you ran and as a receiver catching and running the ball he was a power to be reckoned with on every catch.

It was a great win for Ft. Elliot.

Sanderson 51-- Ft. Davis 30
A 127.82 point spread between their ratings according to Granger. This is not an upset. Sanderson is just way under rated and ranked. More to come. Go Eagles!!!!

I was asking my dad (lives in Alpine) what the deal is with FD this year. He said they lost couple of key players to injury at the beginning of the season.

Odd to see FD struggle like they are.

Good to see Sanderson playing better.

Just a smigent off topic, but my biggest six-man football upset was November 11, 2011 when I went to watch Rochelle play Abbott in the playoffs and there was not any Frito Pie to be had... and I drove hard through Houston traffic to arrived at the game five minutes late ...

Dogface":35a3kkoy said:
rainjacktx":35a3kkoy said:
...they lost couple of key players to injury at the beginning of the season. quote]
You mean players get injured out west too?
Don't that beat somethin.

In East Texas, they lose players for the season due to hang nails, scrapes, bruises and menstrual cramps.

oldfat&bald":3ltoyji0 said:
Dogface":3ltoyji0 said:
rainjacktx":3ltoyji0 said:
...they lost couple of key players to injury at the beginning of the season. quote]
You mean players get injured out west too?
Don't that beat somethin.

In East Texas, they lose players for the season due to hang nails, scrapes, bruises and menstrual cramps.
That's an interesting comment. When did you become a rainjack clone?

Back