Big Game

WildcatClassOf89":1wi16clu said:
The mention of "all basketball schools" made me post a reply. My son's team has taken down two all basketball schools thus far. Our bracket makes me think of the wests football bracket this year. "Meat grinder"!! Graford took us out last year second round and they avenged that loss this year. We put Eula back in their gym just last night in a big way. My Cats were down 15 in the first quarter then took control and beat em by 16.

We get Water Valley friday at ACU. WHEN we win its only Ira or Throckmorton between us and the Drum!!

So proud of what the Wildcats and our FIRST year Coach has accomplished this year!!!
We get Water Valley, Ira or Trock. Dont sound to bad, if you say it real fast!! LOL, see you friday in Abilene.

I have a question, why does Fox Southwest have all the Oklahoma basketball games but Texas UIL only has one game which is the 5A game airing at midnight?

The Motley Fool":3ctn7ki9 said:
I have a question, why does Fox Southwest have all the Oklahoma basketball games but Texas UIL only has one game which is the 5A game airing at midnight?

Maybe the only other options Fox Sports Oklahoma has is the Yee-Haw Calling League? You know, like in Arkansas, where they have to fill time with How to Decorate Your Double-Wide before you Marry Your Cousin shows...

Read this in yesterdays Abilene Reporter,

Jimmy Doan, Stamford

I must respond to UIL executive director Charles Breithaupt’s quote in the ARN March 9 edition concerning Triple A Academy: “It’s created quite a controversy ... Most of our 1A schools are rural schools where students go to school in yellow buses and pickup trucks, rather than metro buses. That’s distasteful to the traditional 1A schools.”

Your quote and apparent attitude are distasteful. The controversy, Mr. Breithaupt, isn’t about the form of transportation, nor is it rural vs, city schools. The resentment is directed toward you and the UIL for allowing charter schools to compete with traditional schools. It’s a bad idea. The boos heard when Triple A left the court in Austin were directed at you, Mr. Breithaupt, and the UIL. Let’s be frank, Mr. Breithaupt, the boos and criticisms received are coming from more than 1A traditional schools. The entire state is at odds with your decision. It’s a bad idea!

If you don’t perceive the issue better than your quote indicated, perhaps you need to leave the UIL and Austin, your choice of transportation — yellow school bus or metro bus — to pursue, as they say, other opportunities. Who knows Mr. Breithaupt, maybe you can enroll in a charter school that specializes in executive training. I hope my thoughts are not too distasteful. It’s a bad idea.

Back