Best of week 5 matchups?

Gc could be tough or we could all just be filling our heads with air, Westbrook isn’t #1 shouldn’t have been ranked that. But them losing tonight will definitely shake things up. Back to the point, Westbrook almost lost Rankin.(heard the officials were bad) Rankin almost loses to Knox city the following week. Knox city was in a battle with Crowell tonight and went up by two touchdowns late in the 4th, and Crowell is not having a “great” year. Re-read that if you have to. Personally I think a lot of teams have brutal awakenings coming.

Gc could be tough or we could all just be filling our heads with air, Westbrook isn’t #1 shouldn’t have been ranked that. But them losing tonight will definitely shake things up. Back to the point, Westbrook almost lost Rankin.(heard the officials were bad) Rankin almost loses to Knox city the following week. Knox city was in a battle with Crowell tonight and went up by two touchdowns late in the 4th, and Crowell is not having a “great” year. Re-read that if you have to. Personally I think a lot of teams have brutal awakenings coming.
Matchups make such a difference and are often overlooked. Just bc WB lost to GC and May beat GC and Rankin barely lost to WB but barely beat KC doesn’t mean anything other than who won that night and who lost. Most every team has some weakness and if they play team X that is solid and excels in the thing they are weak against they have a real chance to lose but that doesn’t mean you know that bc Team A barely beat Team B but Team B whipped Team X that Team X stands no shot against Team A. In theory yeah maybe but it’s not definitive. So yeah GC beat WB and May beat GC but that’s not to say May would beat WB just based off that. I just think personally that the the strength of one team vs an opponent’s weakness makes more difference than many admit; no always, but more than most realize.

Last edited:
So a team who was 1-3 should be competing with all these teams? I get where you are coming from but you have to at least see where I am as well
I get that many times what your saying is accurate, no doubt. My point is that, personally, I think this year that there are probably 4-6 teams that are truly legit contenders and on any given night any of them could win against any of the others and the type of game plan, strengths and weaknesses make a big impact on how things go. All I can say is, at week 5 of this year it is sure looking like we all can expect some great nail biters come November - December and who takes home the trophy could be anyone of 4-6 teams the way things look right now.

Last edited:
Taking absolutely nothing away from GC’s win tonight but WB has played one of the toughest, if not THE toughest, schedule so far this year. There’s no way that week after week of battling against the “cream of the crop” doesn’t take some toll on a team. So I wouldn’t put just a ton of stock into 1 loss with the teams they’ve played so far! Props to GC for an amazing game, they deserve all the credit for their win still!

I get so tired of seeing all the smack talk about Westbrook. It gets old at how many jealous clowns there are. No offense at all to May but we heard this same junk last year and literally won state and it’s usually fans from schools that are absolute garbage that want to run that mouth lol. Westbrook is 4-1 with arguably one of if not the hardest schedule. Let the kids play and keep your adult mouths shut and watch it unfold. In the meantime go watch as many playoff games as you can since half of you haters teams won’t even make it.

From the Fence:

There's alot of things I could say about all this but I won't. The one thing I can take out of tonight's loss is........ It doesn't matter. WB proved that last year and the same can be said for not only our loss but alot of the top teams that have a loss or two. Those losses don't mean anything at all right now. It has been proven plenty of times in the past that going into the big game in December with the better record doesn't mean your gonna leave with the Championship. Regular Season games are there to push teams, to find weaknesses, to see what your missing and what you can learn. All in all I agree, any team can win on any given Friday, so let's all take a step back, look at the big picture and agree that the playoffs this year are gonna be a hell of a ride!!!!

From the Fence:

There's alot of things I could say about all this but I won't. The one thing I can take out of tonight's loss is........ It doesn't matter. WB proved that last year and the same can be said for not only our loss but alot of the top teams that have a loss or two. Those losses don't mean anything at all right now. It has been proven plenty of times in the past that going into the big game in December with the better record doesn't mean your gonna leave with the Championship. Regular Season games are there to push teams, to find weaknesses, to see what your missing and what you can learn. All in all I agree, any team can win on any given Friday, so let's all take a step back, look at the big picture and agree that the playoffs this year are gonna be a hell of a ride!!!!
I thought WB lost a lot of games last year due to injuries?

I get so tired of seeing all the smack talk about Westbrook. It gets old at how many jealous clowns there are. No offense at all to May but we heard this same junk last year and literally won state and it’s usually fans from schools that are absolute garbage that want to run that mouth lol. Westbrook is 4-1 with arguably one of if not the hardest schedule. Let the kids play and keep your adult mouths shut and watch it unfold. In the meantime go watch as many playoff games as you can since half of you haters teams won’t even make it.
El Hefe gettin' tired of all the smack talk... yall better simmer down...

That’s why I said in another post that scheduling is important. Guarantee WB coaches will dissect the film and fix the areas that need to be fixed. So will GC. Whatever that might be. I also said GC plays hard and they are going to be in the mix come November maybe into December.

El Hefe gettin' tired of all the smack talk... yall better simmer down...
It’s fine I understand people talk that’s what they are good at. A lot of teams will get theirs next week as well lol. Except it will be much much worse so the talk will probably not last more than another week or so

It’s fine I understand people talk that’s what they are good at. A lot of teams will get theirs next week as well lol. Except it will be much much worse so the talk will probably not last more than another week or so
You're probably right, and Westbrook should make a deep playoff run.

Back