Best Game This Week?

Gordon @ Knox City.

Gordon 7-0 has a lot to prove. They were 1-9, and 5-5 the last 2 years. Largely in part due to being really young and some injuries. The 7-0 record could be deceiving, as the Longhorns have not played a top notch team yet. Their best win came in week 4 against Strawn, 57-50.

Knox City 3-4 is a better team than their record shows. Their losses have come from good quality teams, and they have been without some key players due to injuries. the Greyhounds are hungry.

The teams are rated pretty close. The winner will likely finish 2nd in district behind Throck, the loser will be starting roundball in week 11. Either team is capable of winning this game and it will be a 4 quarter battle.

I'm picking Longhorns by 3.

Go Horns!

This may not be the best game of the week but I believe the Garden City - Fort Davis game could be interesting. After Fort Davis put 84 points on Throckmorton this could be a game of who has the ball last.

Two statements.

Azle vs.Lucas - wow! Azle had Lucas down 28-0 after one. 46-20 at the half and Lucas never quit. 71-68 by two very good programs with exceptional coaching and athletes that played their guts out.

High point obviously answered the question in Athens. They can stop 44

Sidney vs Gustine was a game that I will remember watching for the rest of my life. Passionate football played by both sides, Sidney loses 2 of their highlight players to injury, clinging to their 16 point lead until it's tied with 4 minutes remaining.. Gustine is poised to take a lead, but Sidney somehow holds them to a 4th down -- 4th down, Gustine passes, incompletes, and the referee calls a BOGUS pass interference call, throws a Unsportsman Like on Sidney's coach for protesting, spots the ball at the wrong spot, and Gustine scores the following play. Sidney receives the kickoff, puts up a good drive to Gustine's 20 yard line, and is picked off with less than 15 seconds remaining. Had the awful call not happened, Sidney would have inherited the ball on their own 38 and the rest will never be known. Exhilarating to watch, players on either side should have no regrets.

Back