Best 6-Man Passers of all Time

If you are averaging the opponents ranking then, how do you account for the continual growing number of teams playing each year? Today there are over 200 teams, yet 10 years ago there weren't near that many. What about players from pre-Granger rankings?

It's a shame some of the great quarterbacks of the past are forgotten because they were on teams that had some great running backs, and they didn't get to pass very much simply because they didn't need to. They could throw it when they needed, but were known as great blockers on sweeps, etc.

Personally, I don't have the best clue. IMO there are others on here that have way more "historical collective" of six-man football, current affairs based on the times, economy and other situation type stuff that it would take to divide things into either era or decade.

You have to know that kind of stuff in order to make a fair break in the time-line. In relation to football what happened when War War II started? there were actually several indirect things to take into consideration that would make you say, mmmmmmmmm I dont think this era has the same advantage to our "equation" as the rest of the folks:)

I bet Leman, OBK and some other would have some good input

Looking up the rankings of the teams played & it is interesting.
Can someone please tell us how Brooksmith 45ed Gordon & gave them their only loss?

Boys 2 Men":2h80fma1 said:
Can someone please tell us how Brooksmith 45ed Gordon & gave them their only loss?
There happened to be an overconfident Gordon team that ran into a Superconfident Brookesmith team led by a SuperSophomore back who ran all over Gordon. He went on to be named Player of the Year his senior year.

Boys 2 Men":38z9s7ah said:
I think I remember Lyle Campbell not playing.

gohorns40":bsq5erg5 said:
Boys 2 Men":bsq5erg5 said:
I think I remember Lyle Campbell not playing.
12 - 05 - 119 - 182 - 2437 - 38 - 1 - 246 - 146 Lyle Campbell, SR Gordon 1999 - 14
14 games played in a 14-1 season.

You know I had been told for years that Lyle did not play against Brokesmith at Brookesmith in 1999. Then one day I managed to get a copy of the game and was astonished to see Lyle play most of the first half. You could see he was either sick or injured by his play and body language.
An impressive side-note was the play of the Maverick runningback Jordan Hicks. He ran tough and scored several touchdowns. Had some nice plays on defense, also.

Gordon looked weak with and without Campbell. For me the game pointed out vividly the mediocrity of the Longhorns without a healthy Lyle. If I recall accurately, another top player was also missing for most of the game for Gordon. It was either Chance Kite or Bo Johnson. For proper perspective remember that Panther creek beat up Gordon in a scrimmage by six or eight scores. What the Longhorns overcame to win state is and will always be one of the most amazing examples of football destiny. God was a Longhorn fan that year. Remember the PC play in their playoff game in Clyde where the RB was cruising in for a game winning TD (they led at the time) and mysteriously tripped just four or five yards from the goal line. Then they fumbled the next play...I think. Gordon went down and scored, then Lyle intercepted a pass to put it away.

Lyle was incredible and fun to watch. They are not made like him anymore. Coach Campbell was the most dangerous coach to play against in that era. How I wish Tyler could have competed against Lyle. What a titanic struggle that would have been...Godzilla vs King Kong.

BE":2cpsfixi said:
An impressive side-note was the play of the Maverick runningback Jordan Hicks. He ran tough and scored several touchdowns. Had some nice plays on defense, also.
This impressive side-note turned out to not be a side-note at all, but the main theme of this game. Jordan Hicks forgot to read the script which said that the lowly Brookesmith Mustangs were playing the Mighty Gordon Longhorns with the Superstar Lyle at spreadback. Jordan was unimpressed. He was always a hoss on defense as well as offense. He was the best "Crack-buster" that I ever saw. He gave more punishment than he ever received when the opposition tried to crack him. Tough, tough, tough.

All State Teams are out and there were some outstanding passers this year that need to be included on this list of "Best 6-Man Passers of all Time". But we need you to submit the stats for them to be included.

We ask that you please submit the stats for the best passers here on this thread so that we can add them to this list. We need the following information:
Player's Name & Team
Attempts
Completions
Yards passing
Touchdowns
Interceptions
& # of games played

If you have yards rushing, that would be fun to have as we are considering putting together a list of best dual threat passers/rushers if we can get enough participation. So if you have that information for anyone that is currently on this thread please pass that information along as well.

Back