Be a Part of Texas Football History

FCSA football

Six-man fan
To be a town in Texas you need three things. A School, a Post Office and a Football Team. So come to Fayetteville, Texas and be a part of Texas History! The Fayette County Panthers will meet the Temple CenTex Chargers at the new Fayetteville ISD Athletic Complex in Fayetteville. There has never been a high school football game in Fayetteville, Texas since the town was Founded in 1884. The game starts at 2 PM, Saturday, November 3, 2018.
Come to Fayetteville, you won’t be delayed, we don’t have any stop lights, just one blinking light!
Y’all come now, hear !
Hey Leaman and Granger, be there or be Square! (You young guys wouldn’t understand, so don’t ask! )

I just looked at The Fayettville ISD website and there is no listing for football under athletics. Is this also the first fb game for the program? I see that the baseball team competes in 2A, so will this be a 6 man game? It's quite a drive for me, but I love that part of the state, am interested in Saturday's game and would appreciate any more info you have.

Got to work Sat so unfortunately I am a square and wouldnt be able to make it.

BCsixty3 - Fayetteville does not play football. There is the independent team Fayette County Sports Association that has players from Fayetteville and Round Top-Carmine on the team and it is that team that is playing.

The satellite view on google maps shows a field under construction at the high school. Has the installation of that field been completed, and is that where they'll be playing?

We started this program in 2015 in hopes that some day the school would take it over. I offered the school district $40,000.00 and $ 10,000.00 a year for three years to start it within the school athletics program. The then School Board said they were not ready to do that, so we started as an Independent instead. Up to now we have been playing our home games in Brenham at Hohlt Park. The voters passed a bond issue in 2017, the first one since 1982. Included in the bond was new athletic facilities that included a track.
There is a lot of green in the middle so we are blessed to have a football field in Fayetteville for the first time. We hope that at some point the school will include football in their athletics program and at such time will become the owners of all our equipment including our bus. Until then we are the Fayette County Panthers. A six Man Independent that also plays in the Texas Independent Six Man Bowl Series in Gholson next week, Saturday November 11 th. 10 teams, 5 Bowl Games, Sixman football all day. Y’all come watch that too!
A new Independent Six Man State Champion will be Crowned for the second straight year!

Concession stand not open yet but Orsaks Cafe (about 4 blocks away) serves a Chicken Fried Chicken Sandwich, a Chicken Fried Steak Sandwich and a Hamburger that makes a Whataburger look like a penny compared to a half dollar!
Other good stuff on the menu too!

FCSA football":2v7kk2yq said:
We started this program in 2015 in hopes that some day the school would take it over. I offered the school district $40,000.00 and $ 10,000.00 a year for three years to start it within the school athletics program. The then School Board said they were not ready to do that, so we started as an Independent instead. Up to now we have been playing our home games in Brenham at Hohlt Park. The voters passed a bond issue in 2017, the first one since 1982. Included in the bond was new athletic facilities that included a track.
There is a lot of green in the middle so we are blessed to have a football field in Fayetteville for the first time. We hope that at some point the school will include football in their athletics program and at such time will become the owners of all our equipment including our bus. Until then we are the Fayette County Panthers. A six Man Independent that also plays in the Texas Independent Six Man Bowl Series in Gholson next week, Saturday November 11 th. 10 teams, 5 Bowl Games, Sixman football all day. Y’all come watch that too!
A new Independent Six Man State Champion will be Crowned for the second straight year!
FCSA, sound like you have done everything possible to jump start the ISD program. The proverbial lead the horse to water but couldn't make it drink!! Sometimes if the Idea is not their Idea they don't like it. I worked with a woman from Brock several years ago and I had mentioned the possibility of Brock playing football some day and she really shot me down. She said they would NEVER EVER play football there. I had mentioned I had gone to school at Santo in the mid 1960's and a few years after I left Santo had started a football program. And the rest is history as they say. Brock (11 man) took the plunge and now has a great program still in it's infancy. It seems that some school board's just don't get it, that it is for students. Sure there are going to be bumps, bruises and some injuries but for active kids, those happen with four wheelers, bicycles, motorcycles, skateboards, etc too. Such schools as Graford, Huckaby and Lipan should consider starting football programs too. Not every student is a basketball player but every student wants to play something and six man football certainly gives more opportunity to participate. Just saying....

Schools like Huckabay just don't have the money to start a football program. They have a renowned history in basketball, but still have one of the most outdated gyms in the area. I suspect if they had any additional funds, they would be used on a new gym.

-Proverbs 27:2

I grew up in a small town in South Texas where we had football and basketball but no baseball. I was a much better baseball player than I ever was a football player and thankfully someone did for us in baseball what I’ve tried to do here in football. Not everyone is into all sports and not every school can afford a full range of sports teams. I believe that if there is a will there can be a way, so I just try to step in where I can like Robert “Bob” Gaines did for all us kids in Ingleside.

Back