BBQ

oopty-oop

11-man fan
Just got me a taste of Cooper's in Llano. I swear I drove 3 hours after eating there to slap my momma. The only thing that shadows the brisket and the jalapeno sausage are the pork ribs. But watch out. When you get up to the front of the serving line, your eyes can get a little bigger than your stomach and they dont tell you how much everything is until they weigh it after you already have it on your tray.<P>Other than that, for everyday bbq, you cant go wrong with Rudy's.

In Abilene check out Harold's bbq. Fried hot-water cornbread, sweet bbq sauce or the "damn hot" bbq sauce, strawberry cobbler and all the other trimmings. The Abilene High football team eats there on Thursday nights. I'm firmly convinced that has led to some of their recent success.<P>and I'm sorry, Underwoods is pretty good food, but anything cooked in a pressure cooker like they use is not real bbq.

Rudy's in San Antonio is great. It has a great spicy BBQ sauce and the best cream of corn that u will ever eat.<P>Bill Miller's is a cheap, but good, fast food BBQ place.

I had Bill Miller's for the first time a few weeks ago. Good stuff.<P>I'm not a big fan of Underwood's.<P>Harrold's is great.<p>[ August 26, 2006: Message edited by: Stanaland ]

How was it? I like the fact that you can get mashed potatoes, carrots, corn, green beans, red beans, and potato salad with your meal plus hot rolls with your meal. not many BBQ joints offer that. I know their bbq is "different" but it's not bad. You know what they say, sometimes change is good. They gots good chicken too.<P> :D

Back