Baytown Christian vs Summit

If BCA jumps out early on Summit like Spring Branch did then the 45 by half will be upon them quickly.

The game will rest on Summit defense vs Baytown offense. Baytown has proved they can shut down high powered offenses, Summit hasn't. With that fact, getting into a shoot-out with Baytown would be the worst strategy on the table.
Should be interesting how Summit defends the deep ball. Every opponent of Baytown knows they love the long ball yet they still manage to get two-three long-ball touchdowns per game...and I didn't see speed-demons in Summit secondary on Saturday. I'm sure that is a concern to summit Defensive Coordinator.

I'm sure all week we will pick this game apart. Lol

Agree with you on that for sure. Baytown should be able to hold Cedar Park to 3-4 scores. Can Cedar Park hold Baytown down is the question. Baytown has some serious athletes on offense and its just difficult to match up. Bring all your speed and athletes at the QB and you get beat deep. Leave all your athletes at linebacker then they pound the ball at you. Pick your Poison
Baytown has the leading defense in the state of Texas. Public schools and private schools. They have only allowed 89 points the entire season. 7 point average ppg. No offense Wareagle... they are just stats for conversation.

Looking the scores.

I notice that out of Summit's 10 games, 5 of those games have gone the distance, compared to two of Baytown's games. Those two games for Baytown were Austin Veritas and Huntsville Alpha Omega, both of those teams are Division semifinalist.

DirtyBayBulldog":93v08uzt said:
Looking the scores.

I notice that out of Summit's 10 games, 5 of those games have gone the distance, compared to two of Baytown's games. Those two games for Baytown were Austin Veritas and Huntsville Alpha Omega, both of those teams are Division semifinalist.

2 of those games against a living rock team who only rosters 10 players. CP is a very solid team however they are playing a team statistically that could be in the argument for being a top 10 team in the state of texas. Private and public.

Johnny South":in5m22lj said:
There can be no doubt that Baytown is a top 10 team. In my opinion, they are more than likely in the top 3 or 4. Maybe even in the top 2.

I think they would give a few of them a run for their money. I don’t think it’s so much of the one athlete as it is the overall depth

Johnny South":1gdvgskh said:
There can be no doubt that Baytown is a top 10 team. In my opinion, they are more than likely in the top 3 or 4. Maybe even in the top 2.

Johnny South, you speaking the right words that gonna get you a steak of your choice from Killen's! Lol

granger":1mzute8k said:
from http://sixmanfootball.com/why_test.php

Baytown Christian's Schedule
Baytown Christian (12-0) is currently ranked #32
and has a rating of 511.12

def #114 Bryan Christian Homeschool (BVCHEA) (5-5) 52-7
def #160 Lake Jackson Brazosport Christian (2-8) 50-0
def #134 Conroe Covenant Christian (4-5) 45-0
def #203 Victoria Faith Academy (3-7) 52-0
def #29 Austin Veritas (10-2) 53-28
def #73 Huntsville Alpha Omega (6-3) 60-20
def #149 High Island (4-7) 47-0
def #159 Houston Mount Carmel (6-4) 87-14
def #249 Bellville Faith (0-5) 59-0
def #242 Orange Community Christian (1-6) 63-6
def #195 Greenville Christian (2-8) 92-0
def #102 Fredericksburg Heritage (8-2) 61-14

Best win is over #29
Worst loss is from #0
average opponent rating is 397.180833333

Cedar Park Summit's Schedule
Cedar Park Summit (10-0) is currently ranked #81
and has a rating of 473.67

def #164 Temple Holy Trinity Catholic (2-9) 71-26
def #169 Marble Falls Faith (3-8) 54-6
def #136 Bryan St. Joseph (5-5) 46-21
def #154 Austin Hill Country (4-7) 53-8
def #157 Buckholts (4-6) 46-0
def #176 Cherokee (3-7) 64-14
def #102 Fredericksburg Heritage (8-2) 47-30
def #153 San Marcos Hill Country Christian (0-10) 48-8
def #132 Spring Branch Living Rock Academy (6-5) 50-24
def #132 Spring Branch Living Rock Academy (6-5) 64-41

Best win is over #102
Worst loss is from #0
average opponent rating is 435.754

Just taking a look at Grangers stats, Cedar Park has only played 2 teams over 500 the entire year. One of the 2 teams with a 6-5 record. Bryan St joseph sitting at 500.
Baytown has played 4 teams over 500 and one BVCHEA at 500. I believe what why we are seeing the average opponent rating higher with Cedar Park. It is due to Baytowns weak district with Bellville 249 and Orange Community at 242. Almost all of Cedar Parks opponents are in the 130-170 range. Once again GRANGER thanks for the stats! Makes for good conversation.

Baytown by 45. Maybe 3 quarters.

CP has been real quiet on this site. Have the coaches decided not to let them play as War Eagle suggested? Come on war eagle, thoughts? Will definitely be there for this one.

test_em":3evqhf0c said:

CP has been real quiet on this site. Have the coaches decided not to let them play as War Eagle suggested? Come on war eagle, thoughts? Will definitely be there for this one.

No point in saying anything at this stage, since you all have writtin CP off and in all fairness to Baytown they have put together a great team this year and deserve all the respect they are getting. That said I guarantee you two things. CP will show up and leave everything they have on the field and War Eagle will be loud and proud. See you all Friday night!!!!

War eagle, I do hope that your team comes out and gives it their all. That's what makes good football games. I just don't think that they can do much against Baytown, but, stranger things have happened!

WarEagle":2beamuks said:
test_em":2beamuks said:

No point in saying anything at this stage, since you all have writtin CP off and in all fairness to Baytown they have put together a great team this year and deserve all the respect they are getting. That said I guarantee you two things. CP will show up and leave everything they have on the field and War Eagle will be loud and proud. See you all Friday night!!!!

I don’t think we are counting CP out. Just trying to figure out a way that they beat Baytown and it has yet to be revealed. I’m sure both teams will be ready to play and both will leave it all on the field. Wareagle or testem post some updates and good luck to both squads!

Last week I predicted Baytown would beat Freddy by 31 with the game stretching to the final horn but the Dawgs prevailed by 45 near the end of the 3rd quarter. Granted, I was being a bit conservative.

Here's my prediction for this week vs. Summit...

Just like Freddy, Summit will come out fired up and very well prepared. I am quite sure that Summit is well coached and their coaches will have their players ready for this matchup. They will leave everything on the field and they will not go down without a fight!

Even though this will be the BEST defense Summit has played all season, I do feel that Summit will score some points against the #1 six-man defense in Texas. Summit's offense is too good for Baytown to shutout. However, I feel that the aggressive passing game by Summit will eventually play right into the hands of Baytown's defense. No matter how well the Baytown offense performs, it's quite possible that the Baytown defense will outscore the Summit offense.

Bold prediction: Baytown defense will finish the game with 4 INTs, returning two for TDs. In addition, Baytown will return at least one kickoff or punt for a TD.

With that being said, I think Summit will have some success on offense and they will get their fair share of big plays on offense.

Here's my predicted score by quarter:

end of 1Q: Baytown 22, Summit 16

end of 2Q: Baytown 44, Summit 22

Final: Baytown 67, Summit 22 (with 2:00 min. remaining in 3Q)

Best of luck to both teams!

What a game! Hats off to both programs.

It was an intense, passionate battle between the two and in the end, Baytown advances.

Summit has no quit in them and they battled back several times to within two scores. Baytown managed to get key Defensive TDs and offensive drives to swing the momentum back to their side.

80-30 final.

Back