Baytown Christian vs Summit

64-41? I waited to comment on this one until i saw the final score. This team is hard to figure out. We’re there any significant injuries? That is a pretty competitive against a low ranked team with very few rostered players.

Very impressed with Baytown’s win. Cedar Park will have to play misstake free to keep it close. They are undefeated for a reason. Both offenses put up a lot of points. Could be a high scoring game but I don’t think Cedar Park has played a defense that Baytown plays. Another interesting note. According to max prep Baytown has played two games that have not resulted in the mercy rule. Veritas (53 to 28 win) and Alpha Omega (60 to 20) both those teams are in the semifinals for D1 and D2. None of Cedar Park opponents are still in the playoffs. My prediction is Baytown by mercy rule. Cedar Park has to established the run to keep it close.

Cougar1414":1sbvjgbw said:
Very impressed with Baytown’s win. Cedar Park will have to play misstake free to keep it close. They are undefeated for a reason. Both offenses put up a lot of points. Could be a high scoring game but I don’t think Cedar Park has played a defense that Baytown plays. Another interesting note. According to max prep Baytown has played two games that have not resulted in the mercy rule. Veritas (53 to 28 win) and Alpha Omega (60 to 20) both those teams are in the semifinals for D1 and D2. None of Cedar Park opponents are still in the playoffs. My prediction is Baytown by mercy rule. Cedar Park has to established the run to keep it close.

Yep you're right Cougar better establish the run to keep it close, I mean after all the CP QB only has thrown for over 3,000 yards this season to an arsenal of weapons, so yeah better establish the run just to keep it close. I love the 45 comments as it will be good for bulletin board material this week..So keep them coming and see you Friday night, that is if the coaches at CP can convince the boys to even play in this game.

-War Eagle

I was a little unsure on baytown before last weeks Fredericksburg game. I mean baytown held them to 14 points! They finished them off in the 3rd quarter. Cedar Park went all 4 with Fredericksburg and beat them by 17 allowing 30 points. Playing Spring Branch back to back weeks and really did not improve the second time around. Scored more points but also allowed more. Maybe some of the Fredericksburg fans can chime in on this one as they have battled both teams.

War Eagle I’m not even going to the game. I was just stating an opinion. 3,000 yards is impressive so I commend you for moving to sixman Dad because he would not at the 11 man level as a backup. I commend you Dad for being the parent on the home side that no one can stand because your screaming at the top of your lungs and no one can enjoy the game. I commend for being the Dad that the coach wishes he could muzzle. I commend you Dad for living your football dreams through your son because you probably played the clarinet in the band and were 1st chair. What I don’t commend you on is appreciated the sixman game and it’s history. I know that you are new to the game but do you always have to be the loudest in the room.

Cougar1414":3crsmvun said:
War Eagle I’m not even going to the game. I was just stating an opinion. 3,000 yards is impressive so I commend you for moving to sixman Dad because he would not at the 11 man level as a backup. I commend you Dad for being the parent on the home side that no one can stand because your screaming at the top of your lungs and no one can enjoy the game. I commend for being the Dad that the coach wishes he could muzzle. I commend you Dad for living your football dreams through your son because you probably played the clarinet in the band and were 1st chair. What I don’t commend you on is appreciated the sixman game and it’s history. I know that you are new to the game but do you always have to be the loudest in the room.

Feel Better?? Oh and I played the violin not the clarinet..As far as my son don't comment on something you don't know about as far as why he moved to a private school.

It is not going to make much difference if Cedar Park runs the ball or throws the ball, they are not going to be able to keep it close. Baytown wins by as much as they want it to be. IMO

WarEagle":3rerzexr said:
Cougar1414":3rerzexr said:

Feel Better?? Oh and I played the violin not the clarinet..As far as my son don't comment on something you don't know about as far as why he moved to a private school.

Agree! Parents and students have reasons for moving to private schools. Wareagle your boy is having a tremendous season and no reason not to be proud.

Johnny South":jrd1omwx said:
It is not going to make much difference if Cedar Park runs the ball or throws the ball, they are not going to be able to keep it close. Baytown wins by as much as they want it to be. IMO

JS have you seen the Cedar Park QB and receiving group?

Cougar1414":2u1hmdud said:

Oh and just for clarification Cougar had he stayed 11 man he would've been throwing the ball plenty on Friday night and not as a backup, but as long you feel better that is all that matters...

-War Eagle

WarEagle":1bp9ow9a said:
Cougar1414":1bp9ow9a said:

Oh and just for clarification Cougar had he stayed 11 man he would've been throwing the ball plenty on Friday night and not as a backup, but as long you feel better that is all that matters...

-War Eagle

Let’s get back to the game.... 3000 yards yes impressive. Against who? Fredericksburg and bryan st joseph? Looking at. The schedule you guys have had a soft schedule.

from http://sixmanfootball.com/why_test.php

Baytown Christian's Schedule
Baytown Christian (12-0) is currently ranked #32
and has a rating of 511.12

def #114 Bryan Christian Homeschool (BVCHEA) (5-5) 52-7
def #160 Lake Jackson Brazosport Christian (2-8) 50-0
def #134 Conroe Covenant Christian (4-5) 45-0
def #203 Victoria Faith Academy (3-7) 52-0
def #29 Austin Veritas (10-2) 53-28
def #73 Huntsville Alpha Omega (6-3) 60-20
def #149 High Island (4-7) 47-0
def #159 Houston Mount Carmel (6-4) 87-14
def #249 Bellville Faith (0-5) 59-0
def #242 Orange Community Christian (1-6) 63-6
def #195 Greenville Christian (2-8) 92-0
def #102 Fredericksburg Heritage (8-2) 61-14

Best win is over #29
Worst loss is from #0
average opponent rating is 397.180833333

Cedar Park Summit's Schedule
Cedar Park Summit (10-0) is currently ranked #81
and has a rating of 473.67

def #164 Temple Holy Trinity Catholic (2-9) 71-26
def #169 Marble Falls Faith (3-8) 54-6
def #136 Bryan St. Joseph (5-5) 46-21
def #154 Austin Hill Country (4-7) 53-8
def #157 Buckholts (4-6) 46-0
def #176 Cherokee (3-7) 64-14
def #102 Fredericksburg Heritage (8-2) 47-30
def #153 San Marcos Hill Country Christian (0-10) 48-8
def #132 Spring Branch Living Rock Academy (6-5) 50-24
def #132 Spring Branch Living Rock Academy (6-5) 64-41

Best win is over #102
Worst loss is from #0
average opponent rating is 435.754

So Huntsville in D2 in the state semis
Veritas in D1 in the semis
Both of these teams are the best 4 teams left in their divisions and baytown has easily handles them both. Where does cedar park fit in this conversation granger?
Thanks for the info!

War eagle, much respect to you and your sons. Great season so far. . You have been loud and proud and you should be. I am glad to hear and see you and dirty bay on this site. Hasn’t been this much racket in private school in a few years on this board. . I enjoy it. None of anyone’s business why y’all or anyone else changed to private school but we are glad you did even though yall pounded us this year. Sounds like you have outstanding athletes in your home and I’d be proud too. Good luck to CP and Baytown! May the best team win and both sides stay injury free. With that said I’ll take Baytown by 36. CP will take it 4 qtrs. (I hope) No offense war eagle, Baytown is stacked this year.

Old76er":2um9zbnt said:
So I guess the average opponent rating makes cedar park the better team?
Just trying to figure this one out

not entirely... just adding some data to the argument. thought I would help out... to me it's six of one, 1/2 dozen of the other... Summit has a better overall schedule. Baytown has by far the best overall best win.

Swift22":2f6s7l8u said:
War eagle, much respect to you and your sons. Great season so far. . You have been loud and proud and you should be. I am glad to hear and see you and dirty bay on this site. Hasn’t been this much racket in private school in a few years on this board. . I enjoy it. None of anyone’s business why y’all or anyone else changed to private school but we are glad you did even though yall pounded us this year. Sounds like you have outstanding athletes in your home and I’d be proud too. Good luck to CP and Baytown! May the best team win and both sides stay injury free. With that said I’ll take Baytown by 36. CP will take it 4 qtrs. (I hope) No offense war eagle, Baytown is stacked this year.

Nice to see a different opinion on this matchup Swift. I think this can go 4 quarters but stops beginning 4. Cedar park and baytown both pass the ball often so this can tend to slow the game down which allows for More scoring. That being said I think baytowns defense is unlike anything cedar park has seen thus far.

Old76er":1pe2gas1 said:
Swift22":1pe2gas1 said:

Nice to see a different opinion on this matchup Swift. I think this can go 4 quarters but stops beginning 4. Cedar park and baytown both pass the ball often so this can tend to slow the game down which allows for More scoring. That being said I think baytowns defense is unlike anything cedar park has seen thus far.

I can agree with that statement. Gut feeling says Baytown can 45 them at half. I stated last week Baytown will go all the way through state without much problem. I’m just going against gut feeling for once and say CP is tough and will find a way to go 4 qtrs. No guarantees of eating crow on this one though Mr. 76er

Back