Battle Tested

There may be more surprises than everyone is expecting in the playoffs. Seems always to be someone who beat someone that should have been better. That's what makes the playoffs fun. We always have to hope that our team has the ability to back the smack we talk! :)

Jedi":1b9trlfb said:
So everyone thinks the west win win state. Here is one comparable game for everyone to chew on, Ira vs. Knox City 72-48, Throckmorton vs. Knox City 72-50. Just Saying.

Throckmorton 72 Knox City 50
Ira 72 Knox City 48
Crowell 47 Knox City 36
Spur 54 Knox City 8

Just a couple more comps for chewing.

Sometimes good dreams turn into harsh reality. With a key slip up at a bad time, a favored team could find themselves starting basketball season sooner than expected. Stuff happens.

SimplyPut":11875zpi said:
Jedi":11875zpi said:
So everyone thinks the west win win state. Here is one comparable game for everyone to chew on, Ira vs. Knox City 72-48, Throckmorton vs. Knox City 72-50. Just Saying.

Ira 72 Knox City 48
Crowell 47 Knox City 36
Spur 54 Knox City 8

Ira 53 Spur 8, unfortuantly Knox City was not healthy for a few of their games

lol this all is funny.. dont you think?
the boys well by now lets call them young men have worked their tales off to have this opportunity. they are getting ready to lace up their spikes with the season on the line. i would be willing to bet that some of the winners are going to be underdogs. some even will not have the talent of the loosers but they will move on and grow with confidence or be beat in the next round..but if you take the top ten and if they played each other 10 times they would not win all ten. all we can hope for is that each team plays to its potential without injury and the chips fall where they fall. i hope that no loss is due to any call or the lack of a call and guess what i bet the officials want it 100 times more than i. some will say the loss is due to the coaches calls or who he played or did not play but guess what most if not all would do anything nearly to win fairly. some of these young men are going to have to walk off the field for the last time for they are seniors and they have lost. most will never know the loss that they carry their own since of loss, for their team, their friends, their family, their school. how much blood sweat and tears have they given to this wonderful game since they started their career as a 6th grader..... hmmm just some thoughts

kbjoe1":1bfmi45w said:
lol this all is funny.. dont you think?
the boys well by now lets call them young men have worked their tales off to have this opportunity. they are getting ready to lace up their spikes with the season on the line. i would be willing to bet that some of the winners are going to be underdogs. some even will not have the talent of the loosers but they will move on and grow with confidence or be beat in the next round..but if you take the top ten and if they played each other 10 times they would not win all ten. all we can hope for is that each team plays to its potential without injury and the chips fall where they fall. i hope that no loss is due to any call or the lack of a call and guess what i bet the officials want it 100 times more than i. some will say the loss is due to the coaches calls or who he played or did not play but guess what most if not all would do anything nearly to win fairly. some of these young men are going to have to walk off the field for the last time for they are seniors and they have lost. most will never know the loss that they carry their own since of loss, for their team, their friends, their family, their school. how much blood sweat and tears have they given to this wonderful game since they started their career as a 6th grader..... hmmm just some thoughts
Very very good post Kbjoe, we can all relate to these young men as to we all remember our last year of playing football, and we will never forget those days as long as we live

some of the best memories i have are the battles with the teams we played.. i wanted so much to beat them all but most of all the life lessons that were learned form some simple words----

team, coach, captains, leadership, work, practice, execution, drive, pride, dedication, faith

just to name a few and many many more but given such meaning from a simple game

kbjoe1":2q3drr4u said:
some of the best memories i have are the battles with the teams we played.. i wanted so much to beat them all but most of all the life lessons that were learned form some simple words----

team, coach, captains, leadership, work, practice, execution, drive, pride, dedication, faith

just to name a few and many many more but given such meaning from a simple game
Amen!

ryry":3c8jwad8 said:
SimplyPut":3c8jwad8 said:
Jedi":3c8jwad8 said:

Ira 72 Knox City 48
Crowell 47 Knox City 36
Spur 54 Knox City 8

Ira 53 Spur 8, unfortuantly Knox City was not healthy for a few of their games

Rankin 54 Spur 8, raise you 1. lol. I actually don't hold believe these scores mean anything at this point. But it is funny. I am picking whoever is the last remaining team out of Ira, Rankin, and WV to claim the gold ball when it's all said and done. I just think it's one of those three, but also realize BC, Sands, or Valley could have an impact. What am I most sure about? Rankin is sitting pretty for week 11 and the games are about to get amazing.

I know that some of you don't give the east much thought. But I believe their will be some interesting matchups there to. I do believe that Throck will have a couple of tests before the semis. No predictions, just possibly some good games.

Fan In Black":998fq83m said:
Jedi":998fq83m said:
Where is the defense, just asking?
IF YOUR ASKING WHERE THROCKS DEFENSE IS .......................YOU MIGHT AS WELL DRIVE TO THE DESERT TO SEARCH FOR WATER................THEY DONT PLAY D THEY JUST FLAT OUT SCORE SCORE SCORE

pojocrusader":36aigc95 said:
Fan In Black":36aigc95 said:
Jedi":36aigc95 said:
IF YOUR ASKING WHERE THROCKS DEFENSE IS .......................YOU MIGHT AS WELL DRIVE TO THE DESERT TO SEARCH FOR WATER................THEY DONT PLAY D THEY JUST FLAT OUT SCORE SCORE SCORE
What will they do when they face a real defense?

THERE IN LIES THE QUESTION.........I HAVENT SEEN THEIR OFFENSE ATTESTED THIS YEAR............IF YOU CAN STOP THEM AND YOU HAVE A FAST ENOUGH PACED OFFENSE THEN AQUILLA OR ANY OTHER TEAM THAT BRING'S THEIR "A" GAME WILL BE TOO MUCH FOR THROCK

CowboyP":1uhkgx6n said:
pojocrusader":1uhkgx6n said:
Fan In Black":1uhkgx6n said:
Jedi":1uhkgx6n said:
What will they do when they face a real defense?

The same question was asked about GC the previous 2 years.

I watched SC play WV,Sands and Ira (scrimmage) while all of them are good teams I just can't get over the depth that WV has, that has
got to be a factor in the playoffs when one kid gets beat up they have two more to send in. Everyone agrees that these games will be tough and I think that could be the difference. Rankin and BC I don't know to much about but a couple of tough games in a row and you might be wanting that depth.

Back