Battle Tested

dawgfan23

11-man fan
One thing for sure, the D1 teams in the west will be battle tested by the time one of them gets to the State Championship game. Lots of good teams out there so there should be some really good football games to watch during the playoffs.

Starting with the big game in Gail this weekend, there should be some awesome football for the next month. I'm more excited than a puppy dog that just discovered he has two......... Well, I'm looking forward to some great games.

well the football teams in region two have the toughest matches out of all them and Throckmorton will have a easy playoff spot in state because th only highest ranked team that they will probably play is Aquilla.

Using the rankings for this week (Granger’s toy) here’s the breakdown

West 37.5% of top 10
Region 1
Valley #4
Petersburg #7
Crowell #9

Region 2 62.5% of top 10
Ira #1
Water Valley #2
Rankin #3
Borden County #5
Sands #8

East
Region 3 12.5% of top 10
Throckmorton #6

Region 4 12.5% of top 10
Aquilla #10

Lucky for the West because they get to play the games, not have a poll deciding who goes to the Semi’s or Finals.

Good luck to all the teams that will be moving on to play next week.

Using today's ranking for each team these are possible match-ups in Round 2
Valley (4) vs Petersburg (7)
Borden County (5) vs Rankin (3)
Water Valley (2) vs Ira (1)

oldergoat":3m2xw8ag said:
Opps my math was a little off.
Region 1 30%
Region 2 50%
Region 3 10%
Region 4 10%
Amazing numbers in Region 1 and 2, thanks for your work on that it's pretty instresting

So everyone thinks the west win win state. Here is one comparable game for everyone to chew on, Ira vs. Knox City 72-48, Throckmorton vs. Knox City 72-50. Just Saying.

Jedi":2dqwqotl said:
So everyone thinks the west win win state. Here is one comparable game for everyone to chew on, Ira vs. Knox City 72-48, Throckmorton vs. Knox City 72-50. Just Saying.
I dont think anyone has said the west would win state. The west will have the toughest road to get there and thats not opinion its a fact. Throckmorton will have to get passed the cougars first before they can consider it

Jedi":11crzvse said:

I guess that leaves Water Valley out of the equation as well as some other worthy candidates from the West. I imagine Rankin, Borden County, Sands, Valley, Ft. Davis and their ilk might have a say in the matter. I reckon we'll just have to hide and watch to see how things develop.

Jedi":2s2unq6i said:
Where is the defense, just asking?

I think Water Valley is a force to be reckoned with in the west don't be surprised if they win some games and show up in the semi finals.

Jedi":3impeq53 said:

If we are gonna start comparing scores, heres one for ya, rankin beats ft davis 80-34, throck beats them 104-82

My pick to represent the west is rankin, i dont c them losing to ira or water valley twice, but of course they have to get past borden county to even think about those two

Back