Bad Drivers/pet peaves

Klaactu

Six-man fan
Survey: who causes more wreaks? Fast drivers or slow drivers, or people that just drive the speed limit?

Let me ask you a question. Many major Hiways state that we must drive in the right lane and only use the left lane for passing. If I am in the left lane going the speed limit, why should I have to pull over for someone who is breaking the law by speeding (IE they have to speed to pass me in the left lane, assuming I pull over) I am aiding and abetting someone to break the law by pulling over. What say you?

Friday we were cruising along I-20 just before the split in Ft Worth. I had just passed a few cars and was in the far left lane. I noticed a car coming up behind me so I moved over to the middle lane. Guess what? There was a driver(gender not going to be mentioned, don’t want to alert the PC police)nearly stopped right in front of me applying makeup and eating a burrito whilst sipping on a large soft drink. Yes, I got a very close look. Pretty sure it was a sausage and egg burrito.
Remembering the evasive driving skills that we taught at the HHR&WPSFWW, I was able to narrowly avoid a collision. I cheerfully waved, saving 3 fingers for future use, and continued on my way.
You can probably guess what my pet driving peeve is..........

A few years ago, I passed a car on I55 that was weaving all over it's lane. I looked when I went by and it was a woman using both hands to put on here makeup and steering with her knees.....

I once followed a guy what seemed like over half the way from Groesbeck to Mart, at night, between on coming traffic and no passing lanes. At 50-55 mph. It's 28 miles from one to the other, maybe it wasn't 14 but lets say around 10 at least. When I finally was able to pass I could see his face clearly, turned slightly right and slightly right. It was well illuminated by the light from the screen on his cell phone. I started to honk so he could see me waving but thought if I scare him he might jerk the wheel my way. I just floored it.

Back