Back to Sixman???

tsford78

11-man fan
Could it really be? Rigdons going back to sixman? Heard a few people say Rigdon and company are applying for Strawn job. Not sure if it's true, but I wouldn't doubt it given the talent Strawn has returning.

The Rigdon family in Strawn would be interesting. Solidify that power football that Coach Lee always strived for. An energetic coach could come to town and win it all the first year, again!

Texlonghorn75":2iz0pwye said:
The Rigdon family in Strawn would be interesting. Solidify that power football that Coach Lee always strived for. An energetic coach could come to town and win it all the first year, again!

With the addition of the Rigdon kids this would most definitely solidify the 2021 State Championship.

Everyone Knows More":76rn23a5 said:
Texlonghorn75":76rn23a5 said:

With the addition of the Rigdon kids this would most definitely solidify the 2021 State Championship.

Definitely a possibility, would be fun to watch. The west is going to be stacked in my opinion. I dont know who stands out in the east other than Gordon, Strawn, Calvert, and RS.

In my opinion, the west will likey be Motley County or Balmorhea. East will be the winner between RS or Calvert again. Gordon is still young but there is a possibility in 3 or 4 rounds next year. As for Strawn, losing Coach Lee will change the whole demeanor of the team/program. It might take a few years for the kids to buy in to a new coach's program. I could be wrong. But my 2021 predictions will be RS vs Motley County in State Game.

tsford78":3u7d1zzw said:
In my opinion, the west will likey be Motley County or Balmorhea. East will be the winner between RS or Calvert again. Gordon is still young but there is a possibility in 3 or 4 rounds next year. As for Strawn, losing Coach Lee will change the whole demeanor of the team/program. It might take a few years for the kids to buy in to a new coach's program. I could be wrong. But my 2021 predictions will be RS vs Motley County in State Game.
Richland Springs didn't have a lot of players on the sideline at the state championship game and they leaned pretty heavy on Landon and the few other seniors in the game. So they return enough talent make it to state again? No doubt that Balmorhea losing all those seniors will be in the rebuilding stage. May be a new team will emerge in the East?

While I'll agree with losing Landon is a big loss, the talent of Bryant and Capps along with a few others might keep RS in the fight. I know nobody thought RS would make it past 2 rounds this year... But who knows? Maybe a sleeper might jump out and surprise us.

Everyone Knows More":wnien5ze said:
Heard coach Rigdon is now the head football coach at Mount Calm, if so congrats and great location with loads of talent in the area.

It was not the older Coach Rigdon who interviewed at Mt. Calm. The younger Coach, Wesley Rigdon accepted the position at Mt. Calm.

Back