Azle vs Community

Haha some people make me laugh. #3 kullen Brewer is good but good luck taking him out. Now he is not the only player they have.... #10 Taylor day the qb just didn't have his greatest game. Azle has several more backs that can run the ball good. Its not that kullen brewer is some stud its all the down field blocking that makes most off his runs.

If I can remember.. Nazarene used to have very nasty players a few years back that use to take cheap shots in football games and talk trash in basketball games! back when the barber kid was there so i dont think nazarene should tell anyone to win with class!

AH!!!! The love we share with each other is such a delight! So many more people read these posts than the few who "really know" us. We are such an excellent example of Christian fellowship and an even better example of how we should love our brothers. No wonder the world is embracing Christianity through the fine example of Christian athletics at a rate faster than the religion of Islam is spreading worldwide... (taking tongue from cheek now ...)

I sit on what is, obviously, my large hypocritical butt and wonder ... What the heck is wrong with you people???

Every young man who plays (or not ...) each week should be encouraged to do ONE thing and ONE thing only: provide a testimony through his actions that causes the world to take notice and KNOW that God is glorified. If the level of his play is such that he is better each week and the improvement allows that player to reach and play to his full potential, God is blessed back!!

There are more than 200 teams each August (public and private) that gather and pray for a blessed season wherein God will receive the glory. We all know that God does NOT care who wins, He cares about how we play the game. He cares about how we are winning souls for the Kingdom. He is blessed when a state champion also happens to be the best example of Christianity, but that perfect outcome will not always happen. That is why it should NOT be our primary focus.

It took me a VERY long time to understand how to work for that outcome without losing sight of the significance of winning. Please read over these posts. Especially you adults that KNOW BETTER! How can we teach our kids to keep their eyes on the Kingdom when we cannot take our eyes off the trophy and the ring?!

A very wise man once told me: "David, it's all just wood, hay, and stubble. In the end it's all gone. Only the lives we have lived, the souls we have touched, and the examples we have given will remain." Pastor Paw Paw (Pastor Emeritus, Jesus Chapel School, Restoration Fellowship, El Paso, Texas.)

Coach Sobey

I just found this on the 'Net. This video displays the kind of attitude that it takes to make every player, who deserves the opportunity, feel like a champion. The young man who is the focus of this video goes to every practice, sweats with all of his team mates, and works hard to improve every week so that - when he is called upon - he can play to his full potential. Somehow, I just don't think there was a single player or coach at this game who was worried about a state championship or a trophy or a ring ...

... and I am pretty sure God was smiling ...

http://msn.foxsports.com/video?vid=5a28 ... &GT1=39002

Coach Sobey

Both teams are good. But azle has more talent. Playing community last year in the state semis, if you hit them in the mouth they would not want to catch the ball, they were not fully extending their arms to catch the ball, seemed to me they were scared, on the other hand they fought with every thing they have. They give 110%. And coach erhart is a good coach and knows how to win with class. First thing he said to his when he first coached at glenview was to hit them hard and in the mouth then pick them right up afterwards and say good catch or good run. During homecoming last year he said to us he wanted us to have a halftime for the seniors and that he doesn't care for the points. He will show the Nazerene to win with class even if they are getting beat. In a couple of years or next year I wouldn't doubt seeing the lions in the state semis or state game. And for the nazerene basketball team is always good and coach rodricks is a very good coach, he coach a bad player to be good, a good player to be excellent. I have known coach rodricks since I was a child, he is very competitive and who doesn't trash talk in sports? I didn't, I let my playing do the talking. Good luck to every team this year and may the best coached and team win it all.

In short I would say this. I doubt very seriously that the coaches and players mentioned want any negative press. I really think it is in poor taste and not fair to them. It is great that one supports their team. We all understand and should consider the "Spirit" of the game. Not fair to call out another team, like Nazerene. We played them and beat them, but they won with their fans. They showed us a true family gathering. Their coach is a Stand up guy, just like Azle's head coach. Us coaches know each other and know that LIFE is more than the game of football. Teams win, lose, have great seasons and even struggle. No need to beat a team or player down. Praise is always good.

Keep in mind that God is watching and listening and I am sure he wouldn't want someone who says they believe in him and call themself a chrisitian, to bash another team or player regardless of rival or not. Azle beat us and they deserved to win that game on that day. I can assure you that the good teams learn from losses and from wins. The difference in a champion and the team that gets beat is simple, the team that wins finds a way to get it done. No different here or in life. I hope all of you can experience being a Champion some time in your life. I have many times both individually and as a team. It is always better as a team.

Former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach said it best about others having to build up a player goggle his comments. I would say this, Let the player do it on the field and enough is said when he does.

Good Luck Azle!

Back