Application to become a Packers Fan

Ahh, those memories of the Minoqua Moose Calling Competition in my youth ....

I think I've actually been in Minoqua once ... we had some cousins with a cabin up dere.

Old Bearkat":7q4jcc2j said:
lifegatesports":7q4jcc2j said:
we had some cousins with a cabin up dere.

You too????

Doesn't everybody?

Memo to all: I will be unavailable for board comments, etc. from approximately 1:30 pm to 6:00 pm today due to a religious observance ... watching the Packers maul Da Bears.

HALLEUJAH!

Wasn't pretty, but ugly wins are also wins. I was concerned that the Pack really didn't convert as many scoring opportunities as they had, but defense stepped up in the 2nd half to insure the win!

Oh, and Da Bears still stink ....

And I found out I'm not getting Super Bowl tickets ... darn.

But the party's at my house on Feb. 6th ...

Just like Chicago: the second most important game of the year and their field is mud with paint on top. The next one will be big, but beating the Bears is THE BEST for Packer fans.

kjake":1vaex0a8 said:
Just like Chicago: the second most important game of the year and their field is mud with paint on top. The next one will be big, but beating the Bears is THE BEST for Packer fans.

Yeah, beating the Bears is pretty neat. Solider Field is usually a step above playing over the city dump ... but I remember a GB playoff game at Lambeau during a winter rainstorm where the field looked like cow dung as well (I think there were 3 noshows at the game). But at least the Packers brought in new turf and resodded the field the next week for the NFC Championship (vs Carolina, 1996 ... I was there).

But bringing the Lombardi Trophy home might just top that this year.

lifegatesports":sd0mgur3 said:
kjake":sd0mgur3 said:

Yeah, beating the Bears is pretty neat. Solider Field is usually a step above playing over the city dump ... but I remember a GB playoff game at Lambeau during a winter rainstorm where the field looked like cow dung as well (I think there were 3 noshows at the game). But at least the Packers brought in new turf and resodded the field the next week for the NFC Championship (vs Carolina, 1996 ... I was there).

But bringing the Lombardi Trophy home might just top that this year.

That is going to be a tough game with the Steelers. Unlike da bearsss, they can run the ball and pressure the QB. It will be a good game I predict....

Back