Another 45er in the state game, hope not

I hope all teams and coaches realize the achievement they’ve accomplished regardless of the score of all games; every player gets out of every game safely leaving it all on the field. Once in a lifetime chance playing in the BIGGEST venue In the BIGGEST BEST State! Most people can only dream of that. May the best teams win.

I think Benjamin could use GR as a blocking back only on offense and turn the Hays freshman kid loose, and it might be a game. He could take out 2-3 players per play. Then again, They would shut them down on defense, likely a TD or two from there by GR.

Perhaps Benjamin will 45 Oglesby, but Jeb Dixon has done a phenomenal turnaround at Oglesby. I remember when I was coaching at Dime Box and we were in Oglesby's district, I believe the year before Dixon came in they had an awful record. In that first year, he and I played for the district championship, with Oglesby winning 88-71. The structure he provided those kids and the belief they have as a team is awesome. They may be the underdog but I'll definitely be rooting for Oglesby today!

This is my take on Benjamin vs. Oglesby...

Oglesby has to keep up with scoring and hit every extra point attempt to stay in this game. Benjamin is very good at making all their extra points. You miss a few and those can quickly add up. They also have to be able to contain both Rigdon & Hayes which will be a difficult task to complete.

Benjamin needs to not overlook Oglesby. Stay focused and play how they have all season long.

I've got Benjamin by 45 in the 2nd half. I love and have always rooted for the underdog but I feel, Benjamin is just too much for them.

Not just Six man games have been a blowout. Every 11 man game besides 2 has not been close at all. State blowouts wonder why?
11man
2AD1
Timpson 49 Tolar 7*(blowout)
2AD2
Albany 28 Mart 10
3AD1
Malakoff 14 Franklin 7
3AD2
Gunter 30 Tidehaven 14
4AD1
Anna 26 Tyler Chapel Hill 0* (might classify as a blowout)
4AD2
Gilmer 28 Bellville 26
5AD1
Aledo 51 Smithson Valley 8* (blowout)
5AD2
Port Neches-Grove 20 South Oak Cliff 17
6AD1
Duncanville 49 Galena Park North Shore 33
6AD2
Desoto 74 Humble Summer Creek 14** (too bad there was no mercy rule) (BLOWOUT!)
I see 3 or maybe 4 of the 10 games that I would classify as blowouts.

To summarize, 5 of the 12 championship games were decided by 42 or more points and 1 was decided by 26 so half of the games got out of control. Thats more than you would want as a general fan of good games but when you are crowning 12 state champs its bound to happen.

The 1A state games got mentioned on Killerfrogs, one of TCU’s top fan sites, they were discussing the UIL state games and a lot of fans there were impressed with the games

Back