ALL STATE DIVISION 1

kbjoe1

Six-man fan
CONGRATS TO ALL
Coaches Association
Division I All-State Football Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 All-State Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Position Player Class School
PLAYER OF THE YEAR Gary Farquahar
SR
Throckmorton

OFFENSIVE MVP Kameron Buchanan
SR
Valley

DEFENSIVE MVP Tanner Richey
SR
Borden County

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR
Brett LaBadie
SOPH
Petersburg

COACH OF THE YEAR Abbott Coaching Staff

Abbott

First Team Offense

QUARTERBACK Bryson Oliver
JR
Throckmorton

SPREADBACK Kellan Kirkland
JR
Water Valley

FULLBACK
Levi Taylor
SR
Throckmorton

RUNNINGBACK Tyler Russell
SR
Abbott

Dalton Michum
SR
Rankin

Lance Morris
SR
Ira

TIGHT ENDS Thomas Roden
SR
Petersburg

Ryan Thomas
SR
Rankin

CENTER Caleb Wrinkle
SR
Rankin

WIDE RECEIVER
Conner Copley
JR
Water Valley

Michael Jimenez
SR
Grady

UTILITY PLAYER Michael Cherry
SR
Gordon

SPECIAL TEAMS Brandon Lucas
SR
Grady

KICKER Helio Rosles
SR
Borden County

First Team Defense

NOSEGUARD
Dillon Beims
SOPH
Abbott

LINEMEN
Trinity Haggard
JR
Throckmorton

Colt Riley
SR
Water Valley

Carson Proctor
SR
Valley

LINEBACKER Coten Zuniga
SR
Water Valley

Aaron Castillo
JR
Rankin

CORNERBACK Jared Cotton
JR
Ira

Nathan Riley
JR
Throckmorton

SAFETY Logan Morris
SOPH
Ira

Ketch Smith
JR
Valley

UTILITY PLAYER Dillon Rose
SR
Walnut Springs

PUNTER Josh Halsey
SR
Buckholts

Second Team Offense

QUARTERBACK Emory Allen
SR
Gordon

SPREADBACK Jared Roberts
SR
Miami

FULLBACK
Jacquez Anderson
JR
Oakwood

RUNNINGBACK Karlonte Jackson
SR
Anton

Cooper Hinderliter
SR
Sterling City

TIGHT ENDS Ryan Popp
SR
Abbott

Levi Perry
SR
Ropes

CENTER Kenny Whatson
SR
Abbott

WIDE RECEIVER
Dilyn Cooley
JR
Leverett's Chapel

Levi Baddock
SR
Buckholts

UTILITY PLAYER Sterling Marshell
SR
Water Valley

SPECIAL TEAMS Juan Bastos
JR
Graden City

KICKER Nathan Riley
JR
Throckmorton

Second Team Defense

NOSEGUARD
Steven Miller
SR
Happy

LINEMEN
Helio Rosales
SR
Borden County

Marshall Nors
SR
Abbott

Ben Seth Ramsey
SR
Valley

LINEBACKER Jonathan Ruiz
JR
Gordon

Casey Redden
SR
Spur

CORNERBACK James Bartosh
SR
Abbott

Michael Valencia
JR
Santa Anna

SAFETY Damiyne Durham
JR
Oakwood

Rawlin Morrell
JR
Throckmorton

UTILITY PLAYER Ivan Morales
SR
Buckholts

PUNTER Robert Morales
SR
Marfa

Honorable Mention Offense

QUARTERBACK Nathen Rice
SR
Buckholts

SPREADBACK Clay White
SR
Leverett's Chapel

FULLBACK
Gustavo Santos
JR
Valley

Lucas Diaz
SOPH
Santa Anna

RUNNINGBACK Tyler Donowho
JR
Rochelle

Bryson Randle
SR
Oakwood

Josh Suggs
JR
Apple Springs

TIGHT ENDS Web Roueche
SR
Rochelle

Jake Wigginton
JR
Gordon

Dominique Johnson
JR
Oakwood

CENTER Matt Roberson
SR
Borden County

Stephen Plowman
SR
Gordon

WIDE RECEIVER
Lawernce Cruz
SOPH
Ropes

Ruperto Huerta
JR
Lingleville

Dylan Starns
SR
May

UTILITY BACK
Chris Sharples
JR
Petersburg

Robert VanKrandenburg
JR
Lingleville

SPECIAL TEAMS Trey Gibbs
SR
Blum

Stephen Locke
JR
Fannindel

KICKER Justin Lawrence
SR
Savoy

JR Rodgers
JR
Leverett's Chapel

Honorable Mention Defense

NOSEGUARD
Josh Perez
SR
Walnut Springs

LINEMEN
Dillon Williams
SR
Zephyr

Alex Montelago
SR
Gordon

Ethan Jaggers
SR
May

Damonte Scott
SR
Fannindel

Louis Collins
JR
Oakwood

LINEBACKER Derek Jesko
SR
Zephyr

Heath Jarrett
JR
Apple Springs

Matthew Morris
SR
Leverett's Chapel

CORNERBACK Brandon Flores
JR
Meadow

Jared Smith
SR
Borden County

Bryson Randle
SR
Oakwood

SAFETY Josh Jauer
SR
Klondike

Josh Todd
SR
Zephyr

UTILITY PLAYER Cade Latham
JR
Water Valley

Zane Trotter
SR
Walnut Springs

PUNTER EJ Rodriguez
SOPH
Grady

Tyler Coates
SR
Saint Jo

Can't say I agree with picks on all state honors #25 for santa anna had 2914 yrds 46td's and coulnt even b at least on 2nd team offense!!!!!! Call bullcrap on dat but its ok cause next year he will show up everyone in distrct area region and state!!!!!!! Dats a PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to all the Water Valley Players who received All State honors! To my guys, all 4 of the seniors that I have watched play since day 1 of flag football. Sheppard, Marshell, Zuniga and Riley it has been an Honor to witness your football careers. Best of luck to you guys in the future and to the Wildcats next season!

MV_23":86uwiaj9 said:
Can't say I agree with picks on all state honors #25 for santa anna had 2914 yrds 46td's and coulnt even b at least on 2nd team offense!!!!!! Call bullcrap on dat but its ok cause next year he will show up everyone in distrct area region and state!!!!!!! Dats a PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were many deserving players this season. Nathen Rice had the same yardage, but 53 TD's to 10 Int's. I'm not upset with his HM status. It was because of him, my other three players who made first and second team were even in a position to be acknowledged. It's a tough selection process and I trust everyone who is on the list was well deserving. Congrats again to all who made it and good luck next year in college.

Dogface":wywh3xgo said:
Strange how in the copying process,
some players names were inadvertantly
highlighted.
Weird huh?

nope it was intentional, as you knew, and I am proud of the Red Devils

after having to wait so long,, and CONGRATS to all and good luck to next year.

oh doggy thanks for noticing but i know it was just so you could add to your post count

I think it is a shame that Mike Reid and his staff did not get coach of the year. How hard is it too get the championship game let alone win back to back. Did the coaches feel sorry for South Hillsboro? I respect Coach Crawford for the program he has built; but when you have Hillsboro as your feeder system I mean come on man.

FIRST TEAM ALL STATE DIVISION 1

Throckmorton......5
Rankin.................4
Valley..................3
Water Valley.......3
Ira......................3
Borden Co..........2
Petersburg.........2
Abbott................2
Grady.................2
Gorden...............1
Buckholts............1

To all that did qualify my Congrats go out to them. Really don't know who or how they do the voting,but its on record that Michael Valencia is #4 leading rusher in da state of Texas and couldn't even be named 1st ur 2nd team Running Back !!!!!! And I'm his Dad so I believe I got the right to question this and comment bout it!!!!!!!

Mr. Valencia,
I was not a part of the voting process but if you will notice, Michael was a 2nd team defensive player. You can not be on both sides of the ball so although he did not get second team running back, he was acknowledged for being a very good football player as a second team defensive player. Just on a side note, Lance Morris was offensive player of the year last year, the Russell kid from Abbott was first team running back last year and the Michum kid was the offensive player of the year in his region and the top rusher in the state this past year and that is your first team running backs. So, I would definitely have to say that was a very good group. The offensive player of the year was a running back as well and was our regions offensive player of the year as well. On the second team, Hinderliter from Sterling was a first team running back last year in Divisioin II I believe and the Anton kid was a very good running back as well. So, I really believe that the selection committee did a great job in a very difficult position. I commend these guys for their hard work, it is not a popular job and is a very thankless job as well. Thank you guys. Take care and God bless you all.

I hope this clears up some of your struggles. Take care, TR

YEAH...Well Said Coach!!!

All The Running Backs on the 1st and 2nd Team are all deserving of the honor...and all are outstanding athletes...No Complaints here!!!

Actually,
don't know if they could pay me enough
to try to pick this list outta
the best of the best of a state this large.
Kudos to the men that did.

for the effort that the coaches put in you have my thanks. it was my pleasure to see some great players this year...

On this list it says that Gary Farquahar of T-rock was the player of the year but if you look at the winter edition of DCTF it has Tyler Russel of Abbott as the POY.

Anybody have an explanation?

bootleg33":203ftxb3 said:
On this list it says that Gary Farquahar of T-rock was the player of the year but if you look at the winter edition of DCTF it has Tyler Russel of Abbott as the POY.

Anybody have an explanation?

Two different publications.

nope it was intentional, as you knew, and I am proud of the Red Devils

after having to wait so long,, and CONGRATS to all and good luck to next year.

oh doggy thanks for noticing but i know it was just so you could add to your post count
Nice memories Doggy!!!

Back