Aledo wins 9th Championship

Klaactu

Six-man fan
Aledo tied Richland Springs for the number of State Championships. Did they have the same coach for all nine wins? Is Aledo going to repeat in 2020. Let's go Richland. Number ten, WIN IT AGAIN!

And nary a sniff of the dreaded "R" word towards Aledo. Very desirable location with great jobs nearby. Parents of highly skilled athletes want to move there, no inducements needed. Factor in how they have won even as they continue to climb into bigger classifications and they are truly to be admired.
Yes, they have a very legitimate shot to win again in 2020.

People moving 4-5 hours to go to Aledo isn’t a big deal because Aledo is amazing. Richland Springs sucks has nothing just like the rest of the small towns maybe a parent accepts a job in Aledo at this point they have to be making up jobs to bring people into small towns

MA1984":2vu7hruu said:
People moving 4-5 hours to go to Aledo isn’t a big deal because Aledo is amazing. Richland Springs sucks has nothing just like the rest of the small towns maybe a parent accepts a job in Aledo at this point they have to be making up jobs to bring people into small towns
So small sixman towns “suck”, large towns are “amazing”............ are you sure you’re on the correct website?

It’s ok to be from a small town and think it sucks. I am from one and it sucks it’s good for privacy which I like. I love 6man football that’s why I get on the website. I’m sorry that I have an opinion that is different than yours. I guess if you wanted to you could message me everyday and tell me what my opinion should be.

MA1984":2agwkf0d said:
It’s ok to be from a small town and think it sucks. I am from one and it sucks it’s good for privacy which I like. I love 6man football that’s why I get on the website. I’m sorry that I have an opinion that is different than yours. I guess if you wanted to you could message me everyday and tell me what my opinion should be.

Lol... what a response! I personally love small towns and 6man football but way to put that dude in his place MA1984! Lmao

Our family lived in eastern Parker County for over 10 years, both kids went to Aledo ISD schools for many years, wife was employed in the ISD as well. Work dictated a move 5 years ago, & we badly miss living there.

That being said, if you think no “recruiting” goes on in Aledo HS then I have some ocean-front property in Arizona to sell you. We saw it first-hand with our own eyes and ears. Granted, it’s a great ISD & a great place to live, and that in and of itself will draw families there. But please don’t be naive about what goes on behind the scenes & how some of the talent got there.

speedkills":5iyh82gh said:
Our family lived in eastern Parker County for over 10 years, both kids went to Aledo ISD schools for many years, wife was employed in the ISD as well. Work dictated a move 5 years ago, & we badly miss not living there.

That being said, if you think no “recruiting” goes on in Aledo HS then I have some ocean-front property in Arizona to sell you. We saw it first-hand with our own eyes and ears. Granted, it’s a great ISD & a great place to live, and that in and of itself will draw families there. But please don’t be naive about what goes on behind the scenes & how some of the talent got there.

Glad you speak the truth. I dont think you can compare Aledo to RS being RS is a small town. Granted they do get transfers in san saba (others) and recruit teachers/coaches who have boys. I dont believe Aledo has to do that. RS is known and has been known to do that under their current HFB.

MA1984":120hp9np said:
What opinion of mine is different from yours? I don’t believe I offered an opinion. Little touchy aren’t you?

smokeyjoe53":1k8ckisf said:
MA1984":1k8ckisf said:
What opinion of mine is different from yours? I don’t believe I offered an opinion. Little touchy aren’t you?

It's pretty obvious... I'm sure he meant 6Man is it's own entity compared to Aledo being a large school who expects move-ins and transfers year in and year out. That's not the case in 6 Man. You have to "do some work" to get your transfers and move-ins. The RS (JB) blueprint to success.

smokeyjoe53":2zhqgzbb said:
MA1984":2zhqgzbb said:

You are correct sir you didn’t give your opinion maybe you are unable to form one. You just had a smartmouthed remark to mine and who knows maybe you made 2-3 people laugh at it. Could be time to print the thread out put it on your refrigerator and tell the family how accomplished you are.

Misguided Rhetoric":3nxddrs5 said:
Surely this is in jest (i.e. no mention of Aledo recruiting)? It is generally accepted that Aledo is a Fort Worth all star team.
Aledo certainly stole the thunder from Southlake Carroll about building and winning State championships. Only a dead man would have missed the fact that many Dallas Cowboys and other professional athletes made their home in Southlake and of course their children went on to star for Southlake. But things changed somewhat and Aledo became the favored hotspot and place to live. Aledo and UT player Johnathan Gray is the son of a former professional football player who starred at Texas Tech. There have been some big named football players move in just to play a year or two but nothing on the scale of Southlake. Coach Buchanan and Coach Wood have worked hard to develop their blue collar players to play at a high level. Most of their players are undersized but still willing to knock down much bigger players and defense still wins championships. If you watched the 5A game between Aledo and Marshal Fort Bend you would have heard the announcers mention several times how much bigger the offensive and defensive linemen were at Fort Bend compared to Aledo. For those fans that don't know Aledo, it is more an area than a town. Aledo the town is quite small and everyone basically lives in the surrounding area, a large area. Lockheed located next to Carswell Air Force base is the major employer in the Fort Worth-Weatherford area and many Aledo students have parents employed there. Aledo has lost some of their best players to other schools because it is so competitive and chances to play are slim to none for some. Brock has be the beneficiary of a lot of moved in Aledo talent and you can't help but notice how good Brock has become. I have lived in the Aledo area since 1985 and had two children go K-12 grade at Aledo schools. Those nine championships are nothing but my Tax Dollars at work. Lol. As a side note Aledo has won several State championships in other sports as well. As far as Aledo being the All Star team for Fort Worth, that is bull. Most Fort Worth schools athletic programs are either poor, fair and middling to be polite, just check their records for the last thirty years. Aledo certainly doesn't need their administration and school board members trolling the coaching staffs across the state for coaches to hire with football players, that is Richland Springs specialty.

Well tu 75 you had a pretty good argument going and a point well made UNTIL your last sentence.
Petty, Petty, Petty and juvenile at best. You torpedoed your argument and credibility with unnecessary petty garbage.
And no, I don’t live anywhere close to RS nor am I related to anyone within 100 miles of there that I’m aware of. However, I would make this same observation no matter who you decided to trash or sucker punch.

Just saying...,........

News flash ... This has been going on for decades, in Texas and outside of Texas.

As I've reported here in the past, I grew up in Wisconsin in the 60s and 70s. When I went to high school, one of our opponents was Kohler H. S. You know, Kohler like in the toilet manufacturer. Kohler was (and I think still is) a "factory town." The Kohler company owns all the land in town, and your home purchase is a 99 year lease on the land. Well, back in the 70s, well-paying union factory jobs weren't the easiest to find and it was amazing how many good athletes had daddies with jobs at the Kohler Company and new homes in the Kohler school district.

When I moved to Texas, I remember talking with somebody at a basketball game and they told me that they used to live near Brownwood and it was amazing all the good football players that moved into that district. He also told me he used to work for the Kohler Co.'s operations in Brownwood. I told him my story and joked that maybe Kohler was helping out there.

In the 90s, my wife used to teach at a powerhouse high school program here in the San Antonio area. They had an all-world running back, which if you asked the neighboring district's AD/HFC, was recruited away. The other school's coach arranged for the young man's momma to get a job with the district's cafeteria, which as a school district employee allowed him to attend that school. In later years, that gentleman was often quoted concerned about how recruiting would hurt public schools if the UIL was required to admit private schools.

By the way, a funny story about the kid. This is in the days before internet/email, etc. At the start of the school year, one of the coaches stopped by my wife's classroom and told her that if she had a problem with grades or behavior of one of the football players. just put a note in my mailbox. Well, she happened to teach this star running back and one day, he's behind on his classwork. So, on her off period, she drops off a note in the coach's mailbox and does a couple other errands (you know, copies, and such). When she gets back to her classroom about 20 minutes later, the coach is already in her classroom wanting to know what he can do to help this young man get back on track! She also said that it didn't work as well once football season ended, though.

Wow. I never expected my observation to expand into these posts concerning Aledo. I guess we will see who wins #10 next December. The way I feel about Richland Springs football is the way I used to feel about the Cowboys under COACH Tom Landry. I assumed they were going to be the best team in the NFL every year and I assume RS is going to be the best 6 Man team every year. I could not believe RS was ranked 3rd on Six Man Football.Com for so long. My ties to Richland? My ancestors were all from there. I still have relatives living there. I spent many a Christmas and summer vacation in RS and loved the country, the hunting the hiking and the people. My dad was heavily recruited to play football at RS, but the story I got was that granddaddy saw a football player die at a RS game once and would not let my dad (6'5" /200) play. Texas A&M still sent a recruiter to the farm to try to get him to play for them. Aledo: could every starting player on your team run 80 yard sprints, go both ways, and shrug off injuries for 2 and 1/2 hours? I doubt it.

FCSA football":11e8p139 said:
Well tu 75 you had a pretty good argument going and a point well made UNTIL your last sentence.
Petty, Petty, Petty and juvenile at best. You torpedoed your argument and credibility with unnecessary petty garbage.
And no, I don’t live anywhere close to RS nor am I related to anyone within 100 miles of there that I’m aware of. However, I would make this same observation no matter who you decided to trash or sucker punch.

Just saying...,........
FCSA you are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. RS has made a mockery of D2 football with their sneaky ways which even a former RS coach admits they did and still you want to defend JB and RS. So many D2 schools do good just to field a team while RS is always casting about looking to add players to their team. Even the Motley County coach said at Jerry's World that he didn't respect what RS had done. You are JB's best buddy.

Naw, just want to see some EVIDENCE not listen to personal
OPINIONS AND HEARSAY .
We have had enough of that for the last few years from our “fearless leaders”,
Excuse me while I go throw up !

FCSA football":55o3d0ro said:
Naw, just want to see some EVIDENCE not listen to personal
OPINIONS AND HEARSAY .
We have had enough of that for the last few years from our “fearless leaders”,
Excuse me while I go throw up !
Go a head and throw up. It will take a while for you because you are so full of yourself. Just a thought, offer Coach Rigdon more money than RS to come coach that Fayette County team of yours and have an instant powerhouse. Put (more) money where your team is. Hey if its OK for RS why not you too??

Back