Acuna, Mexico a city under seige

Dogface2":328phnc8 said:
When you're down in Acuna
and you don't feel like being alone,

OBK...take it away...

This is a family forum, I don't think I can respond to that properly in a clean fashion.......

Hee-Haw.......

Considering the location of Deming NM, the amount of drug traffic that naturally comes up through that area, knowing that the police dept was over-zealous there is a real possibility that the detectives were set up for a fall. The article in question was extremely one-sided and said nothing about the young mans past history. This probably is my overactive imagination at work, but there is usually two sides to every story.

If something is legal, more people are going to try it. Some will get hooked and not be able to pay for it, then guess who is going to be stolen from, robbed, burglarized, etc. to get the money to pay for it. The law abiding public. So now we've got a bigger problem than we started with before it was legalized. The more rope we give some folks, the more they will hang themselves with. I don't know. I'm enjoying the discussion.

I think you are incorrect with the very first statement. Cigarettes are legal and I know hundreds of people who have never tried them. Same goes for alcohol. That statement has no validity. Its legal to drive 75 on the interstates in Texas, does everyone do it? No. Legalizing it weed out the weak who cannot buck the habit or say no to begin with.

Blue Bird":1q2dba6d said:
Considering the location of Deming NM, the amount of drug traffic that naturally comes up through that area, knowing that the police dept was over-zealous there is a real possibility that the detectives were set up for a fall. The article in question was extremely one-sided and said nothing about the young mans past history. This probably is my overactive imagination at work, but there is usually two sides to every story.

The big trouble is that given the confiscation provisions in the new federal drug laws, police departments are given a perverse incentive to be overly aggressive. Many do not stop and investigate before blowing down a door to a house because they are pursuing that shiny oblect to bolster their budget. That and the "zero-tolerance" crap has totally taken all their discretion away. Don't stop and think, just react like the bureaucratic robot you are suppsed to be.

Texman301":31hbmtgp said:
If something is legal, more people are going to try it. Some will get hooked and not be able to pay for it, then guess who is going to be stolen from, robbed, burglarized, etc. to get the money to pay for it. The law abiding public. So now we've got a bigger problem than we started with before it was legalized. The more rope we give some folks, the more they will hang themselves with. I don't know. I'm enjoying the discussion.

I think you are incorrect with the very first statement. Cigarettes are legal and I know hundreds of people who have never tried them. Same goes for alcohol. That statement has no validity. Its legal to drive 75 on the interstates in Texas, does everyone do it? No. Legalizing it weed out the weak who cannot buck the habit or say no to begin with.

Making it legal allows you to control and regulate it much better. The same goes for prostitution. Legalize, liscense, inspect, and tax it. 95% of the VD problem will go away. The same applies to all recreational drug use. Making all that illegal just allows a ruthless gang/cartel to get rich and politicians to get even more corrupt.

Where there is a need and a want...there will be a supplier to that want and need....
Do we want our laws and government to be a part of the solution through police and enforcement or do we want to also profit from from the current illicit wants and desires...
We have to pay for police and enforcement..vs..we can profit and create jobs from allowing legalization and capitalization....
Just because we make something lawful doesn't mean it will be beneficial...
In the case of tobacco and alcohol we have allowed some to profit whereas many have lost their health, some have lost their livelihoods and other problems have occurred that have not been tabulated in the bottom line...
Two edged sword to say the least...

In the late 80's I had a couple of friends from High School days (we didn't go to the same school) in the 70's I'd see at a club on a regular basis. We'd sometimes go to the lake or parties together. They got off into meth when it (to my knowledge) first came around. They both ended up loosing good jobs, turning into thieves, and finally in jail. They would steal from me. I'm glad I've not seen them in years. A lot of the people in that same social scene smoked pot. I'm not aware of any of them going off the deep end over it. A couple of others agreed a few years later with me that they ought to legalize pot (with restrictions) and use the taxes from it to hunt down and shut down meth labs (and now stop the crap at the border).

On the legalization issue: Remember what they say: Be careful what you ask for because you may get it. Our government is caving in to the special interest groups to get votes, so maybe they will cave in to legalization!

My daughter came over last night and was telling me she was worried about this girl and I asked her what's up. She said she's on meth and her hair is falling out all over the place, in her chair that she works in, bathroom and all over the floor. She's already lost her teeth so I hope if anything is legalized they will know what goes along with each drug they're on. Just like on a cigarette package. The woman that the TV was showing on the dangers of smoking. The one with the hole in her throat, lost teeth, and hair had fallen out and she had to wear a wig, she died. I hope everyone makes the right choices. If everyone would quit buying the drugs from Mexico then they would be out of business.

Melani it is about choices...unfortunately certain drugs are a great deceiver...they give you a great high or euphoria for a short period of time...the up front cost is a little money...the long term cost is your health, your job and loss of family sometimes...
If we knew what the cost was at the beginning, we may not make the choice to try something...but life doesn't work that way for a lot of folks...they can only see what is immediately in front of them...nothing else matters or concerns them...

Again PopRay your right. It is all about choices. I care so much for people and I take their lives deep in heart. I wish I could just change the world but I can't. What people do is up to them.

Legalize all drugs. Poison said drugs. Tell people drugs are poisoned. No more drug problems. You either killed yourself or quit. No drug rehab, no special drug enforcement groups, less overpopulation. Sounds good to me.

There is a new one on the streets now, called Krokodil, which is Russian for Crocodile due to the greenish scale-like appearance of damaged skin of its users. A synthetic narcotic developed in Russia, it is REALLY nasty.

The drug was reported to have "flesh-eating" properties, causing open wounds around the injection site. Krokodil has become notorious for producing severe tissue damage, phlebitis and gangrene, sometimes requiring limb amputation in long-term users. Although there are not many addicts, their life expectancies are said to be as low as two years due to injecting drug users' high susceptibility to infections and gangrene.

Oh Bearkat I saw what that one does to you and why anyone would try it is beyond me. I saw the rotted flesh and holes, large cyst like bumps. It was awful. I hope and pray that drug users will be horrified to try that one. It's awful. I'm glad you put that one on here in case kids are reading this thread. Bearkat can you put a picture up?

Old Bearkat":x7mpy3wv said:
There is a new one on the streets now, called Krokodil, which is Russian for Crocodile due to the greenish scale-like appearance of damaged skin of its users. A synthetic narcotic developed in Russia, it is REALLY nasty.

The drug was reported to have "flesh-eating" properties, causing open wounds around the injection site. Krokodil has become notorious for producing severe tissue damage, phlebitis and gangrene, sometimes requiring limb amputation in long-term users. Although there are not many addicts, their life expectancies are said to be as low as two years due to injecting drug users' high susceptibility to infections and gangrene.

Why, why, why, why the hades would anyone want to use that?

MelaniB":2a33ihiy said:
Oh Bearkat I saw what that one does to you and why anyone would try it is beyond me. I saw the rotted flesh and holes, large cyst like bumps. It was awful. I hope and pray that drug users will be horrified to try that one. It's awful. I'm glad you put that one on here in case kids are reading this thread. Bearkat can you put a picture up?

WARNING!!!

THESE PHOTOS ARE REALLY REALLY GROSS

krokodil3-650x487.jpg

krokodil4-e1380225722332.jpg

oldfat&bald":ucv392bx said:
Old Bearkat":ucv392bx said:

Why, why, why, why the hades would anyone want to use that?

I don't know. It makes heroin look like asperin.

Back