Abbott Vs. Gordon - D1 East Semifinal

Savoyfan, I have been watching the Strawn/Gordon rivalry for about 30 years. Gordon doesn't play dirty. They have their share of penalties just like any other team. Either Strawn or Gordon would consider their season a success if the only game they won was against the other. If that doesn't bring out the cheap shots then not much would.

Haha ya ok. I think there has already been a post about the Gordon fans also. Just funny Gordon keeps coming up over and over again? Besides R.S. I would say you'll are in the running for the most criticized team going. The only difference is R.S. is a true phenomenon, so it's understandable why they have haters. The posts about Gordon on the other hand can only lead me to one conclusion.....that there is truth to most of them.

I take it you don't consider the AD a coach? That's amusing. I've spoken to people from Savoy that refer to him as Coach. As for the RS bashing, that is done by sore losers and rainjack.

Well strawn fan you certainly have a right to your opinion. All I can go off of is the game and the unsportsmanlike penalties Gordon received when savoy played them, and the repeated post by other member from other towns on here. Maybe if we meet them again in the future I will have a different opinion. They definatley have some repair work to be done to their rep from what I've seen posted about the team and the fans on here

Cowboy I wouldn't doubt the R.S. bashers are sore losers. My point is they have the record that brings out the haters. And with Gordon I'm obviously not the only person from Savoy or other towns who have seen an issue with the longhorns conduct as far as sportsmanship like play goes. That you can't deny, unless you only read my posts. Do you think the others who have brought this up are all just sore losers to?

SavoyFan":3rfmeuuo said:
Cowboy I wouldn't doubt the R.S. bashers are sore losers. My point is they have the record that brings out the haters. And with Gordon I'm obviously not the only person from Savoy or other towns who have seen an issue with the longhorns conduct as far as sportsmanship like play goes. That you can't deny, unless you only read my posts. Do you think the others who have brought this up are all just sore losers to?
I'm not saying there was no unsportsmanlike conduct. I see some in every game I watch. I'm just saying it's time to move on.

Cowboy did you go back and read this whole thread? I didn't post on it till I was brought into it by kdub. So it's not like I was going out of my way to "attack" Gordon. In fact I wasn't the first one on this thread to bring up the type of play Gordon engages in.

Lets see if we can get back on topic here.....did not see Abbott play this year so am curious of others thoughts on their strengths. Their history seems to be very fast big guys. Deadly combination. Abbott seems to play the run extremely well which may give them the edge.
Gordon passing game has been getting much better the past several weeks and then virtually disappeared against Santa Anna. They'll have to throw the ball very well to have a chance here.
The numbers spit out by the various "toys" indicate a very close game. Looking forward to a couple of very good games in Hico. And pie!

Does Abbott run the spread any this year, any sort of passing game, or are they still a tight formation team, pounding the ball with strength?

Abbott has played a very tough schedule this year. They gave Dallas covenant there only loss of the year who I believe gave throck their only loss this year. Abbots two loses are to Milford and Jonesboro by a combined total of 16 pts I believe. My pick would be throck to win it all, but this team may be even better than they have been given credit for........

I feel bad for you SavoyFan. It is sad that you can't let it go, and that in order to make yourself feel better, you attack an outstanding man, and a coach who has not only done wonders for this team, but cares for them like his own. And even worse, try to smear the name of the Gordon Longhorns by your constant attacks and incessant whining. You made your point over a week ago, you think we are dirty, we get it. NOBODY agrees with you. So what is your purpose a week later? Are you that upset about the basketball team losing that you are gonna come back on here and re-attack us? How about Tom Bean, are they dirty too? Is that why you chose to attack us again, because there isn't a forum for basketball for you to attack them on? Over 1200 six man games every season, do you think that was the only one where there was an unsportsmanlike conduct or two were called. And yet, no other person has dedicated themselves to bashing the team that committed said fouls except for you. Is the punishment set forth by the UIL not good enough for you? They got flagged and the team lost yardage, that's the penalty, if you don't like it, take it up with the UIL. Unfortunately there is not a "flag" or a penalty for the multiple unsportsmanlike conducts that you have exhibited since 9......yes, NINE days ago.

I honestly think at this point SavoyFan just knows how to get yall stirred up and continue the conversation. If he gets no response, I bet he fades away quickly. He's even got the RS v Strawn thread off on this line of comments now.

Abbott played DC in week 0. Not really sure that constitutes a strong schedule.

But then again - Gordon lost to Stephenville Faith.

I like how the cedar chopping contingent can start - geez - so many threads about the east. It's like they're touched in the head or something.

Hornkeeper, can you not read????? Obviously I'm not the only one who has negative opinions about Gordon's program. Read the whole thread. And while your at it grow up! Every time I try to post something about the topic at hand, I get accused of hatin on Gordon. I'm starting to see where the attitude that obviously permeates the Gordon fb program stems from.

SavoyFan":328kacxu said:
Hornkeeper, can you not read????? Obviously I'm not the only one who has negative opinions about Gordon's program. Read the whole thread. And while your at it grow up! Every time I try to post something about the topic at hand, I get accused of hatin on Gordon. I'm starting to see where the attitude that obviously permeates the Gordon fb program stems from.
Your right, apparently you have shared that big old bowl of sour grapes with 2 other people. Those two also being from Towns that we beat. An you are hating on Gordon, 22 of your 27 posts have specifically been about how dirty we are. And if defending my town and team means I have an attitude..... You got that right. Can YOU not read????? The number of positive opinions far outweighs your sour grape attitude.

Actually, I have been to see Gordon twice. I actually think they played a little dirtier against zephyr. But this is my opinion. And it is my opinion that Abbott will beat them. But if not, they will face the very tough greyhounds. Bound to get beat by one of them. JUST MY OPINION.

Back