Abbott Vs. Gordon - D1 East Semifinal

Longhorn85

Six-man fan
Lets start the discussion. As far as I see this game could go either way, though I am sure Abbott will be the favorite. Both teams have shown chinks in the armor this year against solid opponents, but have also risen up against strong teams as well. Possibilities for a location? Hico? Glen Rose?

Im ready to see Abbott go out and beat them. They will have to play as dirty as Gordon to win. They can show no sign of being hurt or Gordon will key on them till they are out of the game. I seen this in several of their games this year. Gordon is very good at holding and hiding it. Lets go Abbott.

travtreasures":1i3rfz3h said:
Im ready to see Abbott go out and beat them. They will have to play as dirty as Gordon to win. They can show no sign of being hurt or Gordon will key on them till they are out of the game. I seen this in several of their games this year. Gordon is very good at holding and hiding it. Lets go Abbott.
How many Gordon games did you see this year?

Seems like the Sixman Nation loves to hate on Gordon about as much as the rest of the Nation hates on the Dallas Cowboys :)

Gordon Longhorns ... "Americans Team" of Six-Man football

Longhorn85":1t00r55q said:
Seems like the Sixman Nation loves to hate on Gordon about as much as the rest of the Nation hates on the Dallas Cowboys :)

Gordon Longhorns ... "Americans Team" of Six-Man football
I believe Richland Springs holds the dubious distinction of being the most hated team in Sixman

Smokey, You know, the haters always just hate the team who is at the top of the mountain. If it is one of those 2 and 8 teams, they are ok with them. Only the team

who gets out there and studies the hardest and works their tails off to make it up the ladder get hated. And if they stay at the top that is even worse. They are a terrible

monster who needs to be put in their place at all cost. The Haters are just not capable of even considering the kids in this game. There are a lot of sorry people in the

world.

Hey, wait just one dadgum minute , I thought we was the dirtiest bunch of SAT failing , recruited, cheating , crack back blocking misfits to ever grace the gridiron......SIC 'EM COYOTES

sounds like "travtreasures" , Snow73 and the Savoy fan from last week all need to meet up and have a big ole pity party...(whimper, whimper.) how many Gordon games have you attended ..one maybe and that one you lost so they are the big ole meanie who hurt little johnny or whoever...like i wrote last week to the Savoy fan and Snow 73....YOU LOST GET OVER IT

If the play has designed misdirection you can count on a crack back block. Gordon ran one such play against Savoy last week and one against SA last night. Gordon blocker didn't get the same solid block last night that they got against Savoy. If a team does everything they can to get a good block on any play, they're playing good football. I saw a SA block last night where the back numerals of the Gordon player was stretched to the point the defender went backwards. No flag = good block

Isn't there already a thread called "Gordon Longhorns" that is about how dirty we are? This thread is supposed to be about the semi-final game. Take that stuff over to that thread and quit corrupting this one.

This Savoy fan has alot of respect for the Longhorns! I've heard good things about Abbott all year and if your going to beat Gordon, strap it up, cause they will bring it. Good Luck the rest of the way.

travtreasures":3p09o5v4 said:
Trying to understand what is dirty about playing hard while the ball is live.....as for keying on an injury, that is the nature of sport; attack and exploit any weakness one can find. In last night's game, SA's best player severely hurt his ankle early in the 3rd, Gordon players tried to hit him as hard as they could and when the whistle blew they went out of their way to help him up and congratulate him on his outstanding effort. Hats off to Coach Mallory for the way he leads his players.

KDUB-31 said:
sounds like "travtreasures" , Snow73 and the Savoy fan from last week all need to meet up and have a big ole pity party...(whimper, whimper.) how many Gordon games have you attended ..one maybe and that one you lost so they are the big ole meanie who hurt little johnny or whoever...like i wrote last week to the Savoy fan and Snow 73....YOU LOST GET OVER IT[/quote

Awww! Poor k-dub.....You feeling like your team is a nose and always gettin picked on??? Haha
Gordon will more than likely lose to Abbott. But if not I'd be willing to put money on them losing the next game.
And o yeah, the facts and the record still shows Gordon got nailed with TWO unsportsmanlike calls within minutes when they played Savoy. Not to mention the flood of penalties for cheap shots!

Savoyfan, leave it alone. I have spoken with a Savoy coach and others from Savoy. They do not feel Gordon was dirty or unsportsmanlike. You are being a sore loser and putting a stain on an otherwise great season. Be proud of what your young men accomplished. Commend the Cardinals rather than condemning the Longhorns.

Maybe you need to let it go? Because apparently the more I read on here, Gordon Is known for dirty play! I guess everyone that brings it to light has some kind of ax to grind because of a lose to Gordon? Haha poor Gordon just happens to be the team that always gets singled out! Get real!
So cowboy exactly which savoy coach did you speak to? Which I seriously doubt!
And Savoy is not the one brought up by numerous people on here as unsportsmanlike!
So no stain on our rep. That would be Gordon you are projecting on to us ! Lol

The stain is not on the reputation of the team, rather it is on the reputation of the fans.
Pay attention to what is posted. The teams that are winning will always be called "dirty" or "unsportsmanlike" by a fan of a team they beat.

Burkhalter is the A.D. Not the coach. But whatever......I like how you ignore the fact that others on here are posting the same thing about the Gordon program???
And how things are done around here? Ya, right! I guess you have skipped over the posts about R.S.?? Meth heads, foster home recruits etc. Maybe you should start your cleanup campaign over there?

Back