Abbott vs Blum

Kramer

11-man fan
Abbott @ Blum

Any takers on an outcome........

Pretty sure this is the tune up before these guys meet again in the playoffs....

No one in the East (Division I) can compete with these 2 teams

I got Blum winning this one they looked pretty good at Hico against a pretty good Water Valley team. I do think that it will be a good game though. Blum will run away with their district as will Abbott and yes they will probably meet again in Playoffs so should be a good one. Only thing that can hurt the Bobcats will be if they are looking ahead at a very tough schedule.

You can hear the play by play action of Abbott at Blum on KHBR 1560 AM in Hillsboro or streaming online at khbrhillsboro.com.
Pre-game at 7:15 pm and kickoff at 7:30.

Got to go to this game last night. It was a great game - better than the score indicated. Blum just slowly eased away from Abbott. At first they got up one score, then finally two scores. It stayed that a while then they got a stop and got up three scores. I think Blum's "quick snap" offense may have worn Abbott down. They also had some injuries. And I'm sure the Abbott coaches would like to visit with the zebras. On a key fourth day play two Blum players collapsed on the QB and hit him in the head and may have facemasked him. No call. Hard to know without video replay if the ref missed it (kinda looked like he did to me) but it happens so fast you can't really be sure. The Abbott coach was pretty sure!

But the refs didn't make the difference. Blum's speed and quickness did. They returned five kickoffs (all onsides) for TDs and only had one possession they didn't score on - early in the first quarter on the game's third play they fumbled inside the ten. After that they were a scoring machine, scoring every time they touched the ball.

I've seen Blum now at Hico and then last night and in my estimation, they are very for real. Abbott is very good too and I'm sure they'll improve as the season goes. A rematch of these two in the playoffs would be awesome.

I love a good shootout. 204 points? When 210 were scored in the 09 Championship several posters on here cried NO DEFENSE. I also love a good tackle now and then. Coach tried to keep it simple for me, he said it was all about blocking and TACKLING.

Back