A Heartfelt Apology

ACPACoachRoss

11-man fan
Coaches, fans and players of sixman football...

I am new to sixman football. I am also new to coaching in a christian league. I have made some of you angry with comments that certainly were not meant to cause stress or harm to you or your schools. Sometimes a post can come across cold and heartless because its just words on a page but could have actually been posted in a completely different context.

I am truly sorry if my comments were hurtfull or perceived as disrespectful to any one of you or your schools and teams.

I took over a team this year that was beaten down every week and most of the time mercy ruled last year every week. Our boys never cancelled a game and always showed up for the beat down that was sure to come. I am proud of them and proud of the coaching staff that was here that continued in games where they were constantly overmatched.

I wanted to help change our boy's confidence and attitudes about the game of football. It was important that they had a leader come in that was full of spirit and willing to stand up and say "Hey, you can be champions too!" In doing that I have come across arrogant and cocky to some of you and that was never meant to be my purpose. I just want our boys to have a different perception of the game and of themselves.

They started believing in themselves and working hard. I am proud of them for this because it was a hard thing for them to start believing in themselves.

I should not have posted teams that had cancelled games on us. I realize that often times things happen that cause the circumstances to change. I was most hurt for our boys who just wanted to play football. I realize it is an unusual year and these things are not common. We had nine teams cancel games over the course of a couple of weeks for a variety of reasons. It seemed personal but I know deep down that it was not.

I acted like a child in my response for listing these teams. That will never happen again.

I hope you will all find it in your heart to forgive me of my faults and start over anew. I want to work with you and your leagues to bring christian leaders to lead our players and fans. I want you to know that my words were not wise and I realize this but my intentions were not meant to cause disrespect.

Let's all have a great year. Let's have a year where the Lord does great things for all our players and keep us all humble...starting with me.

I respect you and know the sacrifices and hard work that goes into coaching. I am just happy to be a part of an association of great atheltes and coaches such as ours.

I hope you accept my apology and we can move forward.

With Blessings,

Coach David Ross
Athens Christian Prep academy

Live and learn
is what I always say.

Through your trials
I was reminded of my own tendencies.
Hopefully we all were,
and have learned from it.

Good form Coach.
Good form.

Coach Ross, it takes a Big Man to send this blog out. I have not affiliation with you except that we play each other this year. I hope no one is casting stones, because we all have something we wised we could do over. It is frustrating when teams cancel, especially if they don't have a strong program or enough student athletes. I know we are down in numbers the last 2 years & reason why we went down a division.

I enjoyed meeting you at the High Point vs Lucas game. You have a good heart and we all understand you wanting what is best for your team. I will find out next week if you really have a young team..lol

God Bless Coach.

Coach

You are a mans man, a Christians Christian, I am proud to have the opportunity to see humility, honesty, drive and, personal character in a leader of young men. I have been on both sides as a player and I want you to know it means little what we do on here each day but it will mean great things in your life to know that the children heck even some of us old farts that watch and learn from the actions of others... I know that the life lessons that I grew up watching as a kid were not absorbed until years down the line.
I realize my actions are observed by many more than those that I have direct contact with. I know that some of the hardest lessons I have learned were those when I fall, dust myself off, admit my short comings.. there in the darkness to feel that warm comforting hand that is always there...
Just wanted you to know I support you, I am proud of you, you are an asset to Gods team and to our sport.

KB Joe

Thank you all for the support. It means so much to me and our program. God bless and good luck all of you this season. May it be fun and injury free for everyone involved.

Back