91-0

Update.. the Aledo coach was cleared of the bullying complaint.. Not that there should have ever been any question, but in today's climate....

You missed the point. I didn't say it was all towns I said most. And your throw in the towel comment what does it teach your kids if you quit when it gets hard. As to the teaching thing when parents don't hold their kids reponsible for doing their work is the issue.

Most is far fetched and throwing in the towel is not a good option but if you are going to pull this bulling mess the only option for you is to quit because that is what you are asking the other kids to do what exactly would have made you feel good? would have be better to turn off the score board play for an hour or so give em all (both teams) green ribbons for participation...

now home work if the child is responsible for getting the home work done and they do not give them a zero. if they fail they fail but it is the students job to do the work. I did watch over mine and made sure they did their work however, I did have a problem with a teacher and I met with him about them not showing the work in a math class.. my question to the teacher was how did he know if my child was understanding the material if he didn't have to show his work? answer he had tried to get the class to but the students just wouldn't show their work ... my response; write a zero at the top of the page and why and send it home for me to sign it.... I promise when I was through with my child they will love to show the work.
same teacher i'm wondering why my child was not understanding the course work?? answer he didn't know. my response was he (my son) knows where the teacher went on vacation how much he lost gambling etc I told him he needed to spend more time teaching then talking about vacation

fyi the teacher doesn't work for the district any longer

why don't you sift through this and see if there isn't more you can do other than pointing at the other players, coaches, Parents, and towns and look in the mirror and im sure you will find a lot of the problem looking back at you

The problem is with the limp handed weak minded obama voter that cried bullying against the other team. These weak minded people are breeding like rabbits, and the economy cant take it too much longer. Instead of crying about bullying he/she should try getting a 45 point rule for 11 man. That person has it easy, it could be worse. They could be at Lamesa where they have lost 23 in a row.

Pardon me for thinking out loud...the thing I dislike the most about sixman is the Mercy Rule..., unless I am on the tail end of the score, which is a good argument for being called a hypocrite, I suppose. Here is why I loathe this indispensable rule.

First, as a coach one is compelled to play everyone on the sideline in order to keep the score "humane". And if no game was played the night before, the sideline is loaded with family members who want and need the opportunity to perform. Therefore, the starters are replaced usually no later than the start of the second quarter. As a result these starters are basically punished for being very good. Of course this is an extremely controversial point of view; namely for the reason that most kids don't fit in to that category of "very good".

Someone mentioned earlier how 50% of Tyler Earl's games were over at the half...I wish that had been true. That would have been roughly 28 games . In fact, and please forgive me for knowing this, Tyler and Shelby Smith played in 57 varsity football games in four years with a record of 56 and 1 with seasons of 15-0, 13-1, 14-0 and 14-0, respectively. Of those 57 games only 13 went the entire four quarters. Their senior year they 45ed every opponent until the state championship, missing it by one point 98-54. Do the math: that's an average of 3.25 four-quarter games played each year. Of those 44 mercy rule games, Tyler and his teammates sat out some part of all of them. It's almost pathetic. Knowing this , if I had to do it over again I probably would move him to an eleven-man school to escape such a thing.

I wish some local common sense was permitted in this situation. Suppose the two opposing coaches were gentlemen, and as such after the 45 point mark was reached decided to play on with a couple of variations. Say the winning team agreed to play a second squad on one side of the ball to observe how the opposition's offense or defense performed against them. As a result they began to score more often, becoming more competitive, and the end product was that the game becomes much more interesting for everyone, especially the players and their families. More playing time, more interest and more sportsmanship equals an infinitely more enjoyable game. Sounds silly I know, but there has to be a better way to ensure a dose of mercy in such situations. Hey, end the game but not the play. Wouldn't that be better for everyone. Just thinking out loud.

BE":1a4hu426 said:
The thing I dislike the most about sixman is the Mercy Rule..., unless I am on the tail end of the score, which is a good argument for being called a hypocrite, I suppose. Here is why I loathe the indispensable rule.

First, as a coach one is compelled to play everyone on the sideline in order to keep the score "humane". And if no game was played the night before, the sideline is loaded with family members who want and need the opportunity to perform. Therefore, the starters are replaced usually no later than the start of the second quarter. As a result these starters are basically punished for being very good. Of course this is an extremely controversial point of view; namely for the reason that most kids don't fit in to that category of "very good".

Someone mentioned earlier how 50% of Tyler Earl's games were over at the half...I wish that had been true. That would have been roughly 28 games . In fact, and please forgive me for knowing this, Tyler and Shelby Smith played in 57 varsity football games in four years with a record of 56 and 1 with seasons of 15-0, 13-1, 14-0 and 14-0, respectively. Of those 57 games only 13 went the entire four quarters. Their senior year they 45ed every opponent until the state championship, missing it by one point 98-54. Do the math: that's an average of 3.25 four-quarter games played each year. Of those 44 mercy rule games, Tyler and his teammates sat out some part of all of them. It's almost pathetic. Knowing this , if I had to do it over again I probably would move him to an eleven-man school to escape such a thing.

Great Post. I am glad you didn't put this together earlier though. Myself and many others would have missed out on seeing one of the best (if not the best) 6-man player to ever play the game.

BE":22zc8fgi said:
Pardon me for thinking out loud...the thing I dislike the most about sixman is the Mercy Rule..., unless I am on the tail end of the score, which is a good argument for being called a hypocrite, I suppose. Here is why I loathe this indispensable rule.

I wish some local common sense was permitted in this situation. Suppose the two opposing coaches were gentlemen, and as such after the 45 point mark was reached decided to play on with a couple of variations. Say the winning team agreed to play a second squad on one side of the ball to observe how the opposition's offense or defense performed against them. As a result they began to score more often, becoming more competitive, and the end product was that the game becomes much more interesting for everyone, especially the players and their families. More playing time, more interest and more sportsmanship equals an infinitely more enjoyable game. Sounds silly I know, but there has to be a better way to ensure a dose of mercy in such situations. Hey, end the game but not the play. Wouldn't that be better for everyone. Just thinking out loud.

To me this is the same sour grapes its the rule for a good reason. Who the heck cares about records if he didn't have five others out there helping he wouldn't got the records he got but I don't see their name plastered all over everywhere. I had a coach that had something good for your what if statements " If a buzzard had a radio in his butt there would be music in the air " coach George Walton Poage II

kbjoe1":13k8w34x said:
BE":13k8w34x said:

To me this is the same sour grapes its the rule for a good reason. Who the heck cares about records if he didn't have five others out there helping he wouldn't got the records he got but I don't see their name plastered all over everywhere. I had a coach that had something good for your what if statements " If a buzzard had a radio in his butt there would be music in the air " coach George Walton Poage II

15-0
13-1
14-0
14-0
3 Championships

What sour grapes?
It appears he was just discussing his opinion of the mercy rule.
You seem to be taking his opinion and changing the subject.
I know how proud you are of your kids accomplishments, can you imagine how proud you would be in his place?
Of course there is always 5 more kids on the field (good ones too) and I'm sure BE knows that. None the less, #13 stood out.
Don't hate!

joe, what are you talking about?

Put the mouthpiece back in and get back on the bench 'till the doctor checks you for a concussion.

now home work if the child is responsible for getting the home work done and they do not give them a zero. if they fail they fail but it is the students job to do the work. I did watch over mine and made sure they did their work however, I did have a problem with a teacher and I met with him about them not showing the work in a math class.. my question to the teacher was how did he know if my child was understanding the material if he didn't have to show his work? answer he had tried to get the class to but the students just wouldn't show their work ... my response; write a zero at the top of the page and why and send it home for me to sign it.... I promise when I was through with my child they will love to show the work.
same teacher i'm wondering why my child was not understanding the course work?? answer he didn't know. my response was he (my son) knows where the teacher went on vacation how much he lost gambling etc I told him he needed to spend more time teaching then talking about vacation

fyi the teacher doesn't work for the district any longer

why don't you sift through this and see if there isn't more you can do other than pointing at the other players, coaches, Parents, and towns and look in the mirror and im sure you will find a lot of the problem looking back at you[/quote]

Once again Joe you have missed the forest for the trees. When you cannot even get a parent to return your phone call to talk to the parents about why their child is failing there is a disconnect. My personal life stays that way in my class room. Its foolish on your part to compare every teacher to your one. I try to provide a solid learning experience and insure that all my students understand the material but that only goes so far when the parents wont answer the phone or show up for scheduled confences.

Back