6-Man Football Showcase

coachsatcher

Six-man fan
Starting to organize a showcase for 6-man players. I have sent out almost 80 emails to college football coaches across the country. I will be sending out flyers to all coaches, as soon as I get more details lined up. Anyone interested in helping, please let me know. Here is a copy of the email I sent to the college coaches:

Coaches,

Buckholts ISD will be hosting its First Annual 6-Man Football Showcase on Saturday, July 13th at 9:30am. Athletes from all over the state of Texas will be invited to showcase their talents for colleges and universities from all over the United States. 6-man football is one of the most underutilized avenues in football recruiting. These players have the same skill set as players from 11-man football, but because of their geographical location, they are playing a different style. Make no mistake, these players are the real deal. I spent three years at Hempstead and sent numerous players to NCAA, NAIA and NJCAA. These players have many of the same attributes as many of those athletes, but haven’t had a platform to showcase their talents. This is their chance. We are cordially inviting you to attend this special event, as athletes will be tested in the 40 yard dash, bench press, vertical jump and shuttle. These four tests are usually all that happens at these Showcases, however, we will also give these players an opportunity to throw, catch and run the ball, through “football-specific” drills. After the Showcase, you will have a great idea of what a player has to offer your program. While we would love to see everyone in attendance, we understand that’s not always realistic. Anyone wanting a DVD copy of the showcase, plus a register of the names, stats and contact information for each player will receive a courtesy copy if requested. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. Thank you for your time and we hope to hear from you soon.

Chad Satcher

I think that this is a super GREAT idea, however, I don't much care for the date....... That is the same day as the Don Hardin Bowl All-Star game at Zephyr, which is also, in it's own way, a 6-man football showcase.

July 20th is the Lubbock All-Star Basketball and Division 1 football games. And the 17th-19th is the COaching Clinic.

There's not going to be a perfect date. The 20th minimizes the most conflicts and was the date most of the kids perferred. I realize I won't be able to get everyone involved, but the goal is to help as many kids as possible. Next year we'll try and get something accomplished in June, but for now, we're stuck with July.

Chad,
I'll definitely bring some kids and help out in any way. Thanks for the effort on this.

Coach Norris
Huntsville Alpha Omega
281-217-5110

What I'd like to know is what does the student come away with after the showcase?

I guess my question is, whats todays standard for promoting the student athelete to the college level?

When I was in school, we had nothing like this. I remember when I was a senior my coach took a couple of us to watch A&M vs. LSU as part of a High School day. We really didn’t have...nor understand the direction we should take. Most of use went to work in Temple or off to the Military.

What do they come away with? Good question. I guess I will answer by first saying this is not an exact science.
1. They get a copy of the video, which will have each station on them.
2. They will also get a copy of the registry, which will have everyone from the combine's information, including times and weight. This will give them an idea of where they stood against the other guys.
3. The same dvd and registry will be sent to 108 different college recruiters ranging from NCAA D1 to NAIA and NJCAA.
4. Most importantly, they'll have a chance to do all of this with other 6-man players, instead of paying the $100+ to watch a 5A standout rep the 225 bar 18 times.
5. We will have some informative brochures that will give insight to the direction and expectations of athletes wanted to play sports after high school.

My intention of this is to get the players of 6-man football some attention. Even if this combine only helps one or two get a college scholarship, it's worth it. I got two off my team this year, so I know the numbers will be higher, but at least it gives these kids hope. I'm hoping this combine will give the parents and coaches insight on how to go about getting recruited. Half the battle is being educated on the process. As an old college recruiter for Missouri Valley College, as well as an admissions counselor; I have a background on the prerequisites needed to even start the process. Then it's a matter of filling out the correct forms, before you ever talk to a coach. Most don't realize they need to register with NCAA and NAIA Clearinghouse to be eglible. not to mention, they're two completely different entities.

Bottom line: I just want to help. If this doesn't work, it was worth a shot. I'm not keeping any of the funds for myself; and all the workers are volunteers. We want this to work for the kids. Fingers crossed!

Coach,

Can you email me the information for the showcase? I played NAIA football in the early 2000s and I have some contacts (coaches that have coached me or players I played against now coaching)with small schools in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Let me know if you need any help with anything!

Coach Johnson, M.Ed
Heath Fulton
Athletic Director

Sounds pretty awesome to me. Way better than what we had. lol

If you need any help in Publisher or anything for PR....let me know.

CT6MFL":dgdoq382 said:
Sounds pretty awesome to me. Way better than what we had. lol

If you need any help in Publisher or anything for PR....let me know.

Just help by spreading the word. Everyone is invited to come see. We'll have a Coach's Hospitality Room for all coaches. Would love to meet everyone. I'm pretty sure Cowboy P will be working the hospitality room, so everyone needs to come and visit.

Back