2019 D1 State Champions

Superjrj":6jbugv3r said:
Milford will make the playoffs as the district has no competition except Avalon. Coolidge is way down so Milford will make playoffs with its subs if injuries keep happening. After that anything can happen. There are sleepers out there just waiting to take a bite outta someone. Hope that Milford gets back to full strength so there are NO excuses.

Not trying to upset anyone, just throwing out my opinion. If Milford advances and meets Leakey again, I believe Leakey advances. BUT and that’s always the problem, everyone staying healthy, Leakey is a sleeper and a spoiler this year.
Just my opinion, not slighting anyone........

FCSA football":f5vq1pij said:
Superjrj":f5vq1pij said:
Milford will make the playoffs as the district has no competition except Avalon. Coolidge is way down so Milford will make playoffs with its subs if injuries keep happening. After that anything can happen. There are sleepers out there just waiting to take a bite outta someone. Hope that Milford gets back to full strength so there are NO excuses.

Not trying to upset anyone, just throwing out my opinion. If Milford advances and meets Leakey again, I believe Leakey advances. BUT and that’s always the problem, everyone staying healthy, Leakey is a sleeper and a spoiler this year.
Just my opinion, not slighting anyone........
I will agree with this ! Leakey is good !

Strawn's DII. They are very good but lost a bunch from last year. Lost to BC. If Milford should get to State they would still have a tough time against Balmoreah, BC or McClean. Even with Penedelton healthy. JMO.

obagain":2rp7evf7 said:
No making the playoffs?
What other team can lose their qb and running back then lose another receiver and o lineman during the game and stay within 16 points of the number one team and 2 time state champs?
Most should be healthy in a couple of weeks, don’t worry about Milford, they will make the playoffs.

So what is going on in Milford to account for all the injuries? Just bad luck or possibly a result of not training during the off season and preparing for the season? If the latter, healing and avoiding more injuries will be very difficult. I remember watching the championship game last year and noticed many players were extremely soft and afraid to hit. Maybe others have seen the same and are bringing the hits causing the injuries. Just asking so no reason to get upset...

That’s a fair question.

I would say it’s just a string of bad luck. Leg injury, concussion, twisted knee, twisted ankle... etc. I doubt it’s because of physical play, injures happen in football. I’m glad we’re going through this now as opposed to November-December.

51eleven":2isddpmp said:
Strawn's DII. They are very good but lost a bunch from last year. Lost to BC. If Milford should get to State they would still have a tough time against Balmoreah, BC or McClean. Even with Penedelton healthy. JMO.
If Pendleton and Gates played Friday Milford wins that game by at least 30 to be honest. I’m not taking anything away from Strawn because they came in and played a darn good football game and made the plays late to win the game.

If Milford can get healthy I think we should be heavy favorites Vs any team.

obagain":w1wppjyg said:
No making the playoffs?
What other team can lose their qb and running back then lose another receiver and o lineman during the game and stay within 16 points of the number one team and 2 time state champs?
Most should be healthy in a couple of weeks, don’t worry about Milford, they will make the playoffs.

Milford makes Playoffs and another deep run. But let's be honest here. Strawn is nowhere near the team of the past 2 years. They are lucky to not have met up with 100% healthy Milford.

Ares":2crv3sh8 said:
obagain":2crv3sh8 said:
No making the playoffs?

Milford makes Playoffs and another deep run. But let's be honest here. Strawn is nowhere near the team of the past 2 years. They are lucky to not have met up with 100% healthy Milford.
Yes, you are right. Strawn caught Milford when they were down and hurt some. Strawn still showed a lot of heart playing hard and winning the game. Milford was a tune up game for the playoffs for Strawn and the same for Milford. It's good that two outstanding programs see fit to play this game. I thought Milford should have won the previous two games against Strawn too, but talent and few crazy bounces of the ball things happen. Good luck to both as the season progresses.

MilfordInsider":310sp0my said:
Mexican Englishman":310sp0my said:
Don't sleep on Blum. Probably has the best coach in the east
How many Title games has he been to?
I know he has earned a ring when he was the DC at Abbott a few years ago. Also his boys relay teams were at Austin this past year. Where was Milford's with all those track athletes?

Back