2018-2019 Program of the Year

Redraider092

Six-man fan
As the school year wraps up with the State track meet this coming weekend and baseball playoffs underway, who gets the honors for the boys athletic program of the year? Is McLean’s football championship and Regional basketball final enough but having few (if any) in track at state? Garden City football semi-finals and numerous athletes in track? Nazareth’s basketball State tournaments numerous in track and add to it baseball playoffs so far into round two?

Who’s done enough to deserve the honor?

I guess will for sure find out after track, but according to milfordinsider, milford has the best athletic program in the state, those guys are a rare breed of athletes. So if you were to ask him, you'd know for sure what his answer would be.

SixmanSpectator":1h70fro8 said:
I guess will for sure find out after track, but according to milfordinsider, milford has the best athletic program in the state, those guys are a rare breed of athletes. So if you were to ask him, you'd know for sure what his answer would be.

Sixman, had Milford not laid an egg in basketball and advanced as far as they were touted I think they could make their argument. Additionally, upon glancing at the State track qualifies I only see one individual (400 meters) participating. That's a far cry from what we were sold back in December.

Strawn should be mentioned on this thread. Strawn won its second consecutive D2 football state championship, the boys advanced to regional in basketball before losing to Lipan, sending seven boys and one girl to the State track meet May 10. Strawn has a lot of participation in power lifting also. Lots of students participate in other UIL sponsored competitions which are just as important as sporting events. Proud of their efforts.

Texlonghorn75":27pr16rg said:
Strawn should be mentioned on this thread. Strawn won its second consecutive D2 football state championship, the boys advanced to regional in basketball before losing to Lipan, sending seven boys and one girl to the State track meet May 10. Strawn has a lot of participation in power lifting also. Lots of students participate in other UIL sponsored competitions which are just as important as sporting events. Proud of their efforts.

Great point Texlonghorn. Strawn absolutely deserves to be mentioned.

Redraider092":2u75enwy said:
SixmanSpectator":2u75enwy said:

Sixman, had Milford not laid an egg in basketball and advanced as far as they were touted I think they could make their argument. Additionally, upon glancing at the State track qualifies I only see one individual (400 meters) participating. That's a far cry from what we were sold back in December.
Milford sucks

Milford sent one person to state track nazareth 1 kid. Mclean sending none in track. Garden city and mclean both playing for state championship in tennis next as well it's a close race for sure and yes Strawn in the mix yet they lost too Garden city and Mclean

Milford’s year
Football: State
Cross Country: State
Basketball: Round one
Baseball: 3rd in district
Track: One kid to State.

I think Milford had an outstanding sports year this school year. One quater away from a state championship in football. Basketball, one of our big rivals got the best of us early in the playoffs. I think our kids played some really good baseball just had a really tough district. Injuries hurt us a lot in track this year but we still managed to send a 400 runner to state. May not have been the best this year but definitely still in the top tier across the board.

My top 3 schools this year would have to be Strawn, McLean, and Oakwood.

Well handled Milford insider props to your response.. There is a top 3 or 4 that are too close to call.

Mclean
Garden City
Strawn in that order

tdog5344":3cefgc5t said:
What does 1 quarter away from a championship mean
Pretty much saying that we were right there. 3rd quater we tied the game up.. if somehow we could have figured out a way to get a few key stops that game could have went the other way.

tdog5344":2i5s57om said:
Well handled Milford insider props to your response.. There is a top 3 or 4 that are too close to call.

Mclean
Garden City
Strawn in that order

I think it’s really hard to leave Oakwood out... Semifinals in football, state in basketball, and State in Track.

mi is back at it. If we had, if a frog had wings, he wouldn’t bump his rear when he jumps. Milford was going to win state in football, basketball, track, and who knows what else. All that speed and all the who knows what. Didn’t win state in anything 2018-2019. I think they had 18 points mi’s senior year at state in track and mi did get 12 of them himself. One 3rd, one 4th, and 4th in relay. Good chance Milford is shut out in track this year. Get ready for the steady rant and Coolidge may win that district.

Lol, I love this board. Awesome job to all schools that participated in sports this year. Congrats to all the seniors across the state , the class of 2019 was absolutely loaded. I can’t wait for the next school year to begin so I can keep up with 1A sports again.
Roll dawgs, One Pack One Goal.

oldfolks":1lg6vtcw said:
mi is back at it. If we had, if a frog had wings, he wouldn’t bump his rear when he jumps. Milford was going to win state in football, basketball, track, and who knows what else. All that speed and all the who knows what. Didn’t win state in anything 2018-2019. I think they had 18 points mi’s senior year at state in track and mi did get 12 of them himself. One 3rd, one 4th, and 4th in relay. Good chance Milford is shut out in track this year. Get ready for the steady rant and Coolidge may win that district.

3rd place in Triple Jump. 4th place in Long Jump. 4th place in 4x100 and 7th place in 110 meter hurdles.

Good luck to our FRESHMAN 400 runner who qualified for state!
Also Goodluck to our Sophomore female jumper who qualified in both Long Jump and Triple Jump.

We’ll see what happens in district when football season arrives.

Back