2014 (D-I) AWARDS GOES TO

cozmo cramer

11-man fan
2015 Achievements goes to :

WEST
BULLY ON THE BLOCK - CROWELL, smashing everyone
Consistency Team - BORDEN COUNTY - ANOTHER district title
Most Surprising Team : VALLEY - Smashed early in the season 2x, but came on strong and upset Borden County and Happy.
BEST PLAYER : Crowell #14, Parsley
COACH OF THE YEAR : BRET TYLER, VALLEY
Most Improved Team to make UIL playoffs : Nazareth
BEST WOW TEAM : WESTBROOK, they beat highly ranked Hermleigh
Most Disappointing TEAM : Petersburg/Hermleigh
BEST bounce back team : ANTON, embarrassed by Spur week 1...... Went to to become CO-District Champs
KEEP AN EYE ON FOR 2015 TEAM - Knox City

EAST
Bully on the block - BLUM
Consistency Team - Abbott, another good playoff run
Most Surpristing Team : MAY, graduated good RB's from 2013....Still playing very good ball in 2014
BEST PLAYER : R Stone, Blum
COACH OF THEY YEAR : Steele, MAY ISD
Most improved Team to make UIL playoffs : EDEN
BEST WOW they won a game team : Covington, 6 - 64 total since 1997..... 6 wins total in 2014
Most Disappointing Team : Coolidge
BEST bounce back team : ZEPHYR, Started season 0-5, went on to become District 11 Champions, went down to the wire with Gordon (24-22)
KEEP AN EYE ON FOR 2015 TEAM - Covington

Don't mean to be that guy but I don't think Anton won their district. Could be wrong though. Can we add an award for most potential lost to injury?

Chap_24":19spkd6e said:
Don't mean to be that guy but I don't think Anton won their district. Could be wrong though. Can we add an award for most potential lost to injury?
Unfortunately a few teams could go in that category- Ropes, Hermleigh, Ira...

If I'm not mistaken, this is Valley's 3rd straight trip to the semi's, and 15th or 16th straight year in the playoffs. I think that is the definition of consistency.

rainjack,
Yes VALLEY has won SEVERAL straight district titles and won multiple playoff games.
But to me, this year, they were BLOWN out by IRA and HAPPY.
To me there were looking like road kill (have you ever driven by a dead skunk on the hwy, well that's what VALLEY was looking like and smelling like).
BUT Coach Tyler got them back on the winning course... This is why they are my surprising team, cause I had written them off, knowing for sure they were going to lose to BC and for sure lose to Happy the following week.

Coach Tyler is the best coach at the 6 man game. Could you imagine him at a school that actually had talent.
You put him at Ira, Calvert, Knox City, Borden County, Ropes, Blum.... These guys would be perinnial state contenders cause they all have better over-all talent than VALLEY.
He gets the most out of EVERY one of his athletes.

I know there are GREAT coaches out there, like Vance Jones, Toby Goodwin, Richie (BC), Jackson (Ropes), Keith (Happy), Hayes (Crowell), Crawford (Abbott), Blum coach......
But For what Coach Tyler has done, is amazing....

I'm sure someone will get on here and say, How hard is it to lose against Petersburg, Spur, Lorenzo, Paducah, which has been their district the past few years.

AS for injuries.....
EVERYONE HAS THEM AT SOME POINT.
Some kids/teams get them, others heal up at the right time.
And this is why you don't see the powers playing eachother EVERY week.
It's darn near impossible to survive that type of schedule....
I'll make a schedule and let's guess the record

VALLEY.....
Home vs. Crowell
Away vs. Richland Springs
Home vs. Ira
Away (Neutral Site) vs. Blum
Home Coming vs. Knox City
Away vs Borden County
Home vs. Happy
District - Spur
District - Petersbur
District - Lorenzo

IMO...... Valley doesn't make the playoffs because they'd be too beat up

Evidently, you overlooked the fact that Valley lost to Happy in week 3-4, but then came back and 45'd them when it actually mattered.

Name one team in D1 with more playoff appearances in the past 15 years. Or more quarterfinal appearances. Or more semi-final appearances. Not interested in your banal opinion. I stated fact. It would be nice if you were capable of doing the same.

Not to diminish Coach Tyler's contribution, but why do you think he;s stayed at the same job for over a decade?

I'll await your response with baited, if not completely bored, breath.

rainjack...
I can tell i poke u in the wrong area, but I did state Coach Tyler is by far the best coach in 6-man.
You are more than welcome to do your own D-I 2014 awards.......

Sure I can put Valley as the MOST CONSISTANT team in all of 6-man.
But I chose to put them as Most surprising because they got their @$$e$ kicked by ira and happy then bounced back after ALOT of people had written them off and stated NO WAY THEY'D BEAT BC or HAPPY and they beat them both...

But if it makes you get your tampon out of your armpit, I'll put Valley as MOST CONSISTENT TEAM...

OK AMERICA/WORLD.....

I denounce Valley as Most Surprising and THEY ARE NOW THE MOST CONSISTENT TEAM FOR 2014

I think three straight trips to the semi's eliminates the patriots as a surprise on anyone's radar. I mean except for people like you who willingly ignore the better part of two decades of history.

But have fun with your list. Obviously, it means more to you than it does to anyone else.

Minnie Pearl joined in 2006, has waited this long to make his/her first post and chooses to make it about rainjacktx needing to get laid (yes, that's how you spell it). I guess you really wanted to make that first post count.

Minnie Pearl":6j857h6r said:
I believe someone here needs to get layed,damn,so full
of hate

No hate. I've had to hold my tongue for the better part of this season. I let it all out at once last night. Maybe get some ice for that butt. It's obviously quite hurt.

Rainjacktx,
My post was for 2014 season only.
Now I do get your point, but my SUBJECT was for 2014.

now if I would've made it as MOST CONSISTENT TEAM from 13-BC / 2014, then VALLEY would've of won this HANDS DOWN, FACE DOWN, KNEES DOWN, ELBOWS UP would've been my selection.

a painting by the 3rd ever Neanderthal on the cave walls of Uganda even stated valley was the best team during the jurassic era.....

Old, fat, & bald,
from now on, I will NEVER - EVER say anything about VALLEY because Rainjacktx gets butt hurt.
from now on, every time I speak of VALLEY, I will use the words - YELLAV, maybe rainjacktx ain't smart enough to understand that's spelled valley back-urds

this'll get him all riled up...
WATCH THIS (teeheeeeheeehee)

Rainjacktx,
I thought you'd been done with these threads and go'on over to paducah to watch those basketball games.....
I mean U are from Paducah/childress ain't yooo...
You are deep down, bleeding that PADUCAH ORANGE.....

No people of 6-man......... LETS WAIT FOR IT........ WAIT FOR IT....... WAIT FOR IT....

AND HE'LL COME STORMING OUT AT ME OR WHO'M EVER.......

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHAO

Rainjacktx is a Paducah Fan

Interesting, VERY intersting.

Well this is his time of year, aren't they usually pretty good in basketball
Rainjacktx, can you get me an autography from that new legend (basketball coach) they got over there.

I mean, wow,
I never in a trillion jurassic Velociraptor menstal life cycles would've EVER guessed RainjackTx is a ORANGE-DRAGON from Paducah.

by the way, Velociraptor means Swift Seizer (its a dinosaur)......... Which fits the PADUCAH DRAGONS

Your crazy if you really think Valley hasn't had good talent all these years. Yes Tyler is a great coach I agree with you there, but come on they have had a ton a great kids over the years. No maybe they didn't have a Morris but they had 6 kids on both sides with a ton of speed and strength. You don't win as much as he has with no talent. I watched his center catch a RB from behind in the third round of the playoffs a couple years back. Not many schools have that year in and year out. Again don't turn this on me because I love coach Tyler and have learned a ton from him but Valley has some very good talent up there.

I don't understand why anyone thinks Valley is a surprise when they are always good. From what I understand they struggled early due to injuries but are healthy now. To say they havent had talent is absolutely crazy. Obviously Coach Tyler is a great coach but to get where they are it takes talent and it takes the kids buying into his program.

NO-ONE is saying VALLEY does not have talent......
Valley has and will have TALENT.
One year they had the Cameron B kid, but compared to kids like Morris (ira), Richtey (BC), Woods (Follett), Mathis (Paducah),Farqhars (Throckmorton) Valley hasn't had that EXTREMELY GIFTED KID like these listed.

I saw 2012-13 team valley had, THERE WASN'T ALOT OF TALENT ON THAT TEAM..... AND THEY STILL WON MULTIPLE GAMES....... I believe they lost to Crowell 2x (Season & Playoffs)...

IN MY OPINION... NOT ANYONE ELSES......... HAPPY and BORDEN COUNTY had better talent than the 2014 YELLAV Team

This entire thread is SAYING......... AND PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY......
SAYS.... MOST SURPRISED 2014 TEAM.... . because of how they started out...... REPEAT..... READ BELOW

Most surprised 2014 team.... YELLAV because of how they started out the season, but getting routed by Ira and Happy.....At that point in the season, NOT TOO MANY FOLKS THOUGHT YELLAV WOULD BE STILL PLAYING IN THE STATE SEMI-FINALS....
I'm not comparing TALENT or YEARS (1983-2014) nor am i comparing farmers to ranchers or DOE'S to DIL'S..

I really think you guys need to invest in a stress reliever (hands, palms, girlfriends), HECK JOIN FARMERS DOT COM.........

OH AND YELLAV is them patriots spelled backwards, since I don't want to offend RainJackTx...
He don't know I'm speaking about them Patriots if I spell it backwards

Back