2013 WINTER TOP 10

cozmo cramer

11-man fan
1. Throckmorton
2. Valley
3. Borden County
________________ THE TOP 3 : NO MATTER WHO THEY GRADUATE, THEY STILL CONTINUE TO WIN______________

4. Crowell
5. Ira
6. Water Valley
7. Abbott
8. Gordon
9. Oakwood
10. Spur
Teams Looking in with with very good returning talent
Grady
Ropes

It's never too late to talk next season football so Let me hear what you think.....

although, if you ask one day, I believe his top-3 would be

1. Borden County
2. Borden County
3. Borden County......

sorry, had to give him a hard time. Honestly, at first glance, I would have to say either BC or Throck are 1-2....

as for DII, it is so hard to pick anyone but RS at the top, but I really think Follett will be right back in the championship game next season...

It will be pretty hard to knock off Throckmorton in Division I and even harder to knock off Richland Springs in Division II.

But I think Crowell will be a tough out in 2013....Only thing is, If they finish 2nd again, WHICH IS LIKELY, They'll play IRA in the 1st round.....
This is why I'm not high on Crowell... But I do believe Crowell will be A VERY GOOD TEAM in 2013.....
IF they can get by IRA in Bi-District, then look out...

And I -SOMEWHAT- agree with Wonderdog on Spur.
I think they'll be better with a full yr under their belt and an off-season
The two games I saw (Petersburg and Rotan), they played a ton (8-10) of under-classmen.
The Petersburg/Spur game was probably the most exciting game I've seen in a long time.

I say SOMEWHAT because this district has Valley and Petersburg....
But I could see the 2nd place team ONCE AGAIN, going 3 rounds deep before losing to Valley/Borden County

granger":31skd7go said:
although, if you ask one day, I believe his top-3 would be

1. Borden County
2. Borden County
3. Borden County......

sorry, had to give him a hard time. Honestly, at first glance, I would have to say either BC or Throck are 1-2....

as for DII, it is so hard to pick anyone but RS at the top, but I really think Follett will be right back in the championship game next season...
Grandfalls did not have a senior on their roster this year. So if no one moves out, they will be pretty hard to beat next year.
It will probalby Follett and Grandfalls in the West again next year. And as Granger says it will be hard to pick anyone over RS in the East even though they are losing a bunch of seniors. I believe Borden iin DI is also losing a lot of seniors.

T-Rock - One Farquhar leaves and another steps up
Ira - One Morris leaves and another steps up

Both of these teams will be tough again next year.

Div 1 west
Throck Valley Bordon Co
Div 1 east
Abbott Gordon Savoy

Div 2 west
Grandfalls Follett Balmorhea
Div 2 east
Richland Springs Milford Jonesboro Strawn

I'd put my 2cents in but Granger already did...

D1 - BC, Throck...I think Throck is your hands on favorite...BC may not win it all next year but give BC a year or 2 and they will win another title

D2 - balance shift to the West??? Grandfalls v Follett in the Semis for who will become the State Champ...I think RS will not have enough kids to keep the it up in the playoffs next year

I think GF-R will be the team to beat in DII next year, given that they had no seniors on the team. That is also assuming everyone returns next season.

Oneday told me about the Borden County deal, he wormed it out of me that back in the day that yours might have read, 1. Mullin 2. Mullin 3. Mullin. Ha Sorry, but he is young and sometimes needs a hint or two to keep up. Ha

pecospete":21r05jgo said:
Cowboy are you hedging your bet. I can't disagree except I think Robert Lee and Loraine will both have a say in it.

I don't know about Robert Lee, pecospete. Didn't they lose a bunch of Seniors?

Yes, I forgot about G-R, but I still think at this time, Follett would be the favorite... just my opinion...

As for the Mullin, Mullin, Mullin crack.... hey, I thought at some point they would get it all together. Both of you guys had your issues in 95, you just did a lot better job of getting yours back on track... then there was the one rule that people seem to forget in six-man and I wasn't convinced of it just yet: when you have a guy that is just bigger, stronger and too physical, all other things being equal, you tend to win.... I figured that out.

WV Backer":z5fnk11e said:
pecospete":z5fnk11e said:
Cowboy are you hedging your bet. I can't disagree except I think Robert Lee and Loraine will both have a say in it.

I don't know about Robert Lee, pecospete. Didn't they lose a bunch of Seniors?

Robert Lee was pretty deep well coached and a program that deserves watching. I sort of hope you are right facing them in the second round is cake walk. there are some great coaches and young men in DII in the south west should be a good year next year this region was actually pretty young this year. another year strong and another year wiser will make for a great 2013 season.

Richland Springs has a kid coming in as a sophomore 10.01 in the 100 meters, 190 #s . His dad has accepted the job of CEO of a major computer company based in Richland Springs. Oh and his little brother is a freshman 185#. To bad LOSERS

CowboyP":y91uchud said:
smokeyjoe53":y91uchud said:
Now that's funny. That'll have people talking for a few days. ................
Do you think it might encourage the recruitment talk?
They already know the weight of the kids, how fast they run, what they eat for supper and shoe size.... :)

Back