2013 surprise team of the year.

I also was thinking year to year... or teams that I thought were going to struggle this year, but ended up being good... or better than expected.

Last years Oglesby team were all Seniors who have started since they were sophomores. They lost almost literally their whole starting lineup from last year. Don't forget they beat Evant by 20, and not making mistakes from inexperience would have 45d them.

A true measure is what they do against good competition...so how they fare there in the 1st week of the playoffs...will be enuff said....

But their next two games are against good teams...one for the district title...the other in the playoffs...how well they do there will determine how far they have come....
Granted they started as a bad team and have improved to an average team...win another game and they will show that they are a good team...

Your right Pop Ray playoffs will decide if any team is as good as they are supposed to be.
I do believe Groom will win big over MC but that's a whole other conversation.
I'm still trying to put together Happy vs Mclean thursday night instead of friday night? Can't
recall the last time I seen a 6 man game be played on a thursday.

Sometimes early in the playoffs they agree to Thursday nights...not usually in the regular season unless both coaches agree to it...

Congratulations to Blanket with win over Oglesby.....

Oglesby was predicted to get 45'd again...but showed they could play with a good team by their performance tonight...

Tigers, I still believe you are the most improved team over the course of this season and deserving of surprise team of the year award...

PopRay":3tgfd52p said:
Congratulations to Blanket with win over Oglesby.....

Oglesby was predicted to get 45'd again...but showed they could play with a good team by their performance tonight...

Tigers, I still believe you are the most improved team over the course of this season and deserving of surprise team of the year award...
I agree. Those young men have earned my respect.

It was a tough loss, given that we had the game won and 36-24 lead at one point...these players went from being boys to young men this season, with all credit to Coach Graves. We made a few mistakes in the second half, but the players will take these lessons learned into next season. We are only losing a couple players, with the bulk of our talent in the junior class. Look for them to be extremely competitive next season. Graves will have them in a very streneous offseason program. Extremely proud of our guys.

I think the most surprising team of the year is blum. Not oglesby. Started season ranked. 110. Came all the way to 19 and are 11-0. Have beaten some legit teams. May needs to be careful.

True David...Blum have come a long way ...but they started strong and have won every game..

However Oglesby started very poorly getting blown out their first two games..then they showed mild/steady improvement in midseason... then they surprised everyone they played their last 4 games(were big underdogs in 3 of 4 of those contests)...so I would consider them the most improved from the beginning of the season until the end of the season...

Whereas Blum has way out done what the prognosticators thought they would do....

Good luck to your Bobcats!

I dont like blum. Just surprised by them. I am an oakwood fan. However i would like a rematch now that oakwood is playing so well. U never know. They both have hard roads this week but its possible to meet up in a couple games.

david_rantala":qoy8z2fp said:
I think the most surprising team of the year is blum. Not oglesby. Started season ranked. 110. Came all the way to 19 and are 11-0. Have beaten some legit teams. May needs to be careful.

What's this? Logical thought from RantsALot?? You're gonna lose your Lifetime Oakwood Love Award....

Back