2013 preseason rankings

Granger, I have a question for ya, and in no way is this me belly aching, just a wonder...How do you decide the ranking for first year teams? Every year we have an influx of new tapps/tcal/tcaf teams and most of them usually have a rank? Curious minds need to know:)

loveofgame":3g7otdke said:
Granger, I have a question for ya, and in no way is this me belly aching, just a wonder...How do you decide the ranking for first year teams? Every year we have an influx of new tapps/tcal/tcaf teams and most of them usually have a rank? Curious minds need to know:)

yep, It is a guessing game. I do not put too much stock in it at all... by week 3 or so, it will all get sorted out.

Wow, takes real dedication to rank all these teams. Replace Grady to Borden Co. Put BC above Sands. Too generous with Klondike. Just my lowly opinion.

To begin with, thanks for putting this up. It's been way too quiet on here.
Now, Savoy ranked 53? But that's better than last year when we entered at like 160.
I guess we will see when we play Rochelle in 2 weeks who starts at # 31.

Knowing what I know about Dallas The Covenant, they really should be in the top 4. I hear they were all juniors last year on a team that beat Throckmorton and Valley on their way to a private school title. I know that trying to rank private schools with public schools is like trying to nail jello to the wall, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did just as well this year.

Anyone out there have a tougher schedule (based on preseason rankings) than the WV? We have #5 Follett, #11 Grandfalls-Royalty, #13 Borden County, #23 Robert Lee, #25 Abilene Christian & #39 Klondike. Of those, only Abilene Christian is at the WV. I'm sure there are tougher schedules out there... let's see them.

SixFan19":3l6miahf said:
Knowing what I know about Dallas The Covenant, they really should be in the top 4. I hear they were all juniors last year on a team that beat Throckmorton and Valley on their way to a private school title. I know that trying to rank private schools with public schools is like trying to nail jello to the wall, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did just as well this year.

Agreed....this team will definitely be better than last year. Most of the starter will be very proven seniors that can play. Their offense will be exceptional and their defense will be even better. Anyone that faces them will have their hand full.

I have made some changes over that past day or so and hopefully fixed all missing teams I know of and labeled them correctly... shout out to hornkeeper for recognizing I missed an entire independent group...

if someone is missing, let me know

OK, even more were found... trying to update schedules... I think most teams are in, except maybe the latest, Houston Academic Planet???? is this real

Back