2012 Texas Bowl

CoachGarcia

11-man fan
I have 4 spots open for the all-star game in Garden City. 2 D1 and 2 D2. If you have any kids that are interested please give me a call @ 432-238-8378. The Game will be June 30. The athletes will check in on Wednesday the 27. Thanks

Coach Garcia
Garden City

There are different ways a young man can get into the Texas Bowl.
1. Be an all regional or better player.
2. Be requested by the Head Coach of his Divisional All Star Team.
3. Be personally requested by one of the Texas Bowl Directors.
4. Be nominated by their personal Head Coach
ect..

A players attitude, determination, hard work and how they play the game are never just seen by their coaches, other coaches and scouts from other teams comment on the character of the player. How they feel about that player also effects wether or not they are accepted to receive an invite. We have developed a relationship with a great number of schools in the past 10 years that have supported the Texas Bowl. If their is an opening in the roster, their are certain schools that we trust to send us quality players even if they don't meet any of the top 4 reasons above. We don't just open the all star game to any player, We call around other schools and ask their coaches and their opposing coaches about the character of the player and if they feel like that player is an all star type of player.

We have all of our spots filled up as of right now. We have 3 young men left to turn in their registration form. If a Spot is to open ill Post it as quick as i can.

Coaches, just for Future notice, if you have a Player that has received any all region or better award, and you would like to nominate them for the all star game, I start taking nominations for the Football game the second Football is over. I like to have the invites out as quick as i can to give the players plenty of time to decide wether they are going to commit or not.

If you have any questions you may contact me at [email protected] or call me at 432-238-8378.

This years Basketball games will be on Friday June 29 and Football will be the 30th.

I couldnt find a roster for the crowell kids if i find one of my programs ill post it and in paducah there was one senior who i found out was co-defensive player of the year and got some more district honors and i think a regional honor im not to sure and he was selected to an all-star game appearance or something of that sort . He is 5'7 160 played LB, and Fb and was the kicker Name Saul, Campa i found him on max preps and from what i saw crowell had a pretty good running-back and defensive end that was a senior His name was Mathews and he also got selected to play in a game i cant remember his first name they werent on max-preps so i couldnt get any more details other than what i know.

Just bumping for anyone who might want to attend, you know, just in case you're needing a 6man football fix.

Garden City, Kickoff at 7:30pm but football introductions are at 7:10pm.

Back