2011 Boys Playoffs

Region 1 Tournament participants are Happy, Kress, Paducah, and Anton.

Paducah - Happy
Anton - Kress.

My pick is Paducah - Anton in the finals. And that game is a complete toss up. Both have all-senior starters. Paducah is taller and quicker, but Anton can shoot the lights out.

Regional Quarterfinals scores:

Region 1
Happy def. Nazareth 51-37
Paducha def. Sands 47-44
Texline def. Kress 71-67 ????
Anton def. Valley 69-56

Regional Semifinals:
Happy vs. Paducha 6:30 South Plains College Texas Dome
Texline vs. Anton ???? 8:00 South Plains College Texas Dome

Region 2
Bronte def. Sterling City 35-22
Throckmorton def. Graford 63-57
Ira def. Garden City 69-50
Lipan def. Baird 54-42

Regional Semifinals:
Bronte vs. Throckmorton 5:00 Abilene Christian Moody Coliseum
Ira vs. Lipan 7:00 Abilene Christian Moody Coliseum

Region 3
Dodd City def. Miller Grove 72-42
Laneville def. Spurger 68-65 Overtime
Roxton def. Saint Jo 75-47
Saltillo def. Douglass 62-54

Regional Semifinals:
Dodd City vs. Laneville 3:00 Tyler Junior College Wagstaff Gym
Roxton vs. Saltillo 5:00 Tyler Junior College Wagstaff Gym

Region 4
Huckabay def. Priddy 43-40
Waelder def. San Perlita 57-45
Kopperl def. Zephyr 50-46 :(
Calvert def. Knippa 68-61

Regional Semifinals:
Huckabay vs. Waelder 12:00 Austin ISD Burger Center
Kopperl vs. Calvert 2:00 Austin ISD Burger Center
Ira vs. Lipan

rainjacktx":3lpqiqwf said:
Region 1 Tournament participants are Happy, Kress, Paducah, and Anton.

Paducah - Happy
Anton - Kress.

My pick is Paducah - Anton in the finals. And that game is a complete toss up. Both have all-senior starters. Paducah is taller and quicker, but Anton can shoot the lights out.

Who in Region 3 are either of them likely to face? My guess Paducah is going to be adding another piece of marble to the schools landscape this summer. Time will tell!!

The Motley Fool":361hdcjf said:
Yup, the UIL website still has Texline as the winner, last night and today, as far as I know, somebody's got the wrong info lol.

Well, it's not like I've ever been wrong before. I still have Ford-Dole stickers on my '73 Super Beatle.

Regional Semifinals scores:

Region 1
Paducha def. Happy 64-38
Anton def. Texline 81-46

Region 2
Bronte def. Throckmorton 54-32
Ira def. Lipan 60-39

Region 3
Laneville def. Dodd City 58-55
Roxton def. Saltillo 73-64

Region 4
Waelder def. Huckabay 67-56
Kopperl def. Calvert 48-44

Regional Finals

Region 1
Paducha def. Anton 71-66 in 2nd overtime

Region 2
Bronte def. Ira 50-33

Region 3
Roxton def. Laneville 72-68

Region 4
Waelder def. Kopperl 62-54 in 3rd overtime

Two games of Bronte and I'm arguing that they have two of the best players in class A, maybe any classification. The Rawls twins are listed at 6'5 and 6'1, shoot the three from 22 to 25 feet, both play guard/forward and Dakota can lay down a two-handed dunk from under the basket without a single step. Okay, the dunk is so what right, but not the rest of his game.

He got in early foul trouble against Ira and missed all the second quarter and most of the third, so little twin took over and used an entire array of weapons to extend their lead to its furthest measure in the third. He hit the Bulldogs with every weapon except the dunk. One play he made was exceptionally pretty...as he brought the ball across half-court he looked at a teammate to his right as if to pass, then without a pause he burst to the left around his man, through two other bulldogs and layed in a soft banker with the left, all as quick as a blink. He is one of those rare players with ability at a higher level than you see most years. He is better than the super guards from Kerens, and even the guards from last year's Cayuga team that won it all.

Even so, when his brother is on the floor he didn't have to make eye-catching plays, just blends in with the other players. Crazy. That best describes his abilities. On one dunk against Ira it came so fast and so unexpected that several of the ACU Event Staff (most likely ACU basketball players) jumped and screamed with approval.

However, with all that hyperbole said, I would not bet against a tough and determined Paducah Dragon team who dresses out at 6'5, 6'5, 6'4, two super quick guards and a sixth man listed at 6'3 1/2. These guys are tough and just as much can be said about them. They have a wide range of big play capability we witnessed twice against them on the gridiron, a tribute to their heart and desire in addition to their basketball ability.

We will either have to see this game personally, or order a copy sent before the sweat on the Baden is dry.

The Motley Fool":fohdns7f said:
Teams enrollment:

Bronte 99
Roxton 69
Waelder 62
Paducha 54

I'm rootin' for the football schools ... Bronte (crowded field) and Paducah (six man) ... over the commie pinko non football school districts. And Waelder's only about 30 miles away from where I'm sittin'.

BE":3eif85ls said:
Two games of Bronte and I'm arguing that they have two of the best players in class A, maybe any classification. The Rawls twins are listed at 6'5 and 6'1, shoot the three from 22 to 25 feet, both play guard/forward and Dakota can lay down a two-handed dunk from under the basket without a single step. Okay, the dunk is so what right, but not the rest of his game.

He got in early foul trouble against Ira and missed all the second quarter and most of the third, so little twin took over and used an entire array of weapons to extend their lead to its furthest measure in the third. He hit the Bulldogs with every weapon except the dunk. One play he made was exceptionally pretty...as he brought the ball across half-court he looked at a teammate to his right as if to pass, then without a pause he burst to the left around his man, through two other bulldogs and layed in a soft banker with the left, all as quick as a blink. He is one of those rare players with ability at a higher level than you see most years. He is better than the super guards from Kerens, and even the guards from last year's Cayuga team that won it all.

Even so, when his brother is on the floor he didn't have to make eye-catching plays, just blends in with the other players. Crazy. That best describes his abilities. On one dunk against Ira it came so fast and so unexpected that several of the ACU Event Staff (most likely ACU basketball players) jumped and screamed with approval.

However, with all that hyperbole said, I would not bet against a tough and determined Paducah Dragon team who dresses out at 6'5, 6'5, 6'4, two super quick guards and a sixth man listed at 6'3 1/2. These guys are tough and just as much can be said about them. They have a wide range of big play capability we witnessed twice against them on the gridiron, a tribute to their heart and desire in addition to their basketball ability.

We will either have to see this game personally, or order a copy sent before the sweat on the Baden is dry.

Don't get me wrong, I would like Paducha win it all as well, it's just that schools with enrollement under sixty haven't had much luck winning state, not since Priddy (girls) and Laneville (boys), the majority of divison 2 champions have been larger schools of sixty and up.

Back