2-A-Day Numbers?

Great Conversation. I have coached 6Man for 6 years and when we started had 11 total kids. We are a TCAF school and have had success including winning State in 2016 which has grown our numbers to consistently in the 20's and 30's. This season we are making the transition to the 11 Man game. Our numbers are about the same considering enrollment is down and kids are excited to play, 6Man or 11Man. I believe that's my job as a Coach. Yes, TCAF does have an up to 25% of the roster homeschool acceptance policy, however I can speak for my school, we don't allow it (trust me I wish we did right now).

As for the Charter School debate. Yes, A+ Charter School in Dallas is currently playing an 11 Man UIL District Schedule and I have to believe more are. I believe the rule is though they get thrown in to the largest district within their ISD region. So for example, Westlake Academy isa 6 Man program. If they went UIL they would be numbers wise a 3A school. However they would be placed in their ISD's largest district so they would be competing against a 5A UIL District Schedule. No disrespect to Westlake Academy, but I believe that is just down right crazy and I believe they are making a great decision staying private.

Now as far as the numbers go, we have been long criticized on here by other teams, especially UIL, when we roll in with 30 kids and they have 14. Our enrollment is the same, we just did a better job at connecting with our kids in our school and got them to play. We always ignored it but it happens.

We are definitely going to miss the 6Man Family and Communities. The game is so much more fun and you can't beat the people. I have been blessed to build great relationships with some amazing Coaches from around the State and I truly look forward to coming home to 6Man again one day. Best of luck to all the schools and prayers for a safe season!

Coach Connaughton

Back