1A track results

Any time you have to pay to see results, something is wrong. Hope this isn't true, but that's what I heard...that you had to buy an app to see the results. Luckily, I was able to find what I needed to find. I have all 3rd place results from all regions if anyone needs anything.

Coach Fudge is saying it kindly. The track meets seem to be an after-thought.
There are some very good organizers out there, though. Coach Ski while at Lefors ran very good meets, the best we attended while in the Panhandle. Speaking of the panhandle, 2A Panhandle ran a nice meet also.
South Plains is a well organized event. The only knock I have is a lack of parking and sitting space. And there is no pre-meet orientation. Be aware-- if it is your first time don't do what a certain goof ball had to do to prevent his girl's winning sprint relay from being disqualified...didn't leave the relay card in the event tent. Five minutes before the starter's gun fired, he was seen scampering across the football field as quick as a fat man to a Golden Corral All U Can Eat Buffet. :)

Oh it's true! They were asking us to pay for our results. Joke!

They also had to rerun the boys 100 meter prelims because they fouled up on the gun and there were 4 world records set. But when do they decide to do that... Not at the conclusion of the prelims, like EVERYONE has done in the past... But they decide to run it at 9 AM at the same time as the boys long jump. Problem arose when the official timers did not show up. They ran it after the long jump, after the long jump order had been changed to accommodate for the 100 meter dash kids... Disaster!

Kids were in and out of their lanes during exchange zones, the one 1600m run had a kid get PUSHED from lane 2 to lane 6 or 7 in the 1st 30 meters. "We didn't see anything."

If the UIL sends anyone back to this location, they are doing the schools and the kids a disservice.

Not exactly how I feel, but pretty close.

BE I didn't know you did the same thing I did my first year as a head coach! Or were you talking about me? Anyway it couldn't be about me cause you're girls smoked my relay that year!

Coach Fudge":s88lfode said:
Oh it's true! They were asking us to pay for our results. Joke!

They also had to rerun the boys 100 meter prelims because they fouled up on the gun and there were 4 world records set. But when do they decide to do that... Not at the conclusion of the prelims, like EVERYONE has done in the past... But they decide to run it at 9 AM at the same time as the boys long jump. Problem arose when the official timers did not show up. They ran it after the long jump, after the long jump order had been changed to accommodate for the 100 meter dash kids... Disaster!

Kids were in and out of their lanes during exchange zones, the one 1600m run had a kid get PUSHED from lane 2 to lane 6 or 7 in the 1st 30 meters. "We didn't see anything."

If the UIL sends anyone back to this location, they are doing the schools and the kids a disservice.

Not exactly how I feel, but pretty close.

What location was that at?

I recall several coaches being in the tent when I arrived (it was me), and one entered shortly after I did. But the directors were very understanding and waited patiently...they most likely had similar experiences.

Every relay bunch after that (happened in '13) wanted to carry their relay cards themselves...teamwork?
They didn't want those 6:30 morning workouts going to waste. Smart girls.

Does anyone know who gets the wildcard in men's long jump?
I am seeing two 3rd place finishes tied at 21-00.00, region II & region IV

Same question on high jump
Two 3rd place finishes tied at 6-02.00, region I & region II

If you know how and why one gets the wildcard nod while the other stays home, that would be great info as well.

Darkace08":6idzsq5p said:
In the High Jump they will go off of Misses.
Long Jump I believe that they go off of the next best jump.
ok, thank you. I knew that was how they did it in a meet to determine one place over the next, wasn't sure if they used the same to determine who got the wildcard.

Back