Leman Saunders

Six-man expert
Anyone watching this series on hulu? Or read the book?

Also this makes me wonder if anyone out there in the six-man community was witness to the JFK assassination?

Any stories out there about this? Or is the topic of JFK to out of touch with people who post on message boards?

Along those lines...today I asked an employee..."does anyone every come up to you and say you look like someone famous?" He tells me.."No...why do you think I look like someone?" I reply, "Well ya...but you probalbly don't want to hear who I think you look like." He says, "Ya come on who is it?". I say, "Lee Harvey Oswald." His reply, "Who's that?"...I'm speachless

Didn't witness the actual event but remember exactly where I was and who I was with as the radio broadcast was played through the PA system at school........

Old Bearkat":q1gjg222 said:
Most of those who would have witnessed Kennedy's assassination are dead by now. 52 years was a long time ago....

I resemble that remark ... I can still remember sitting in the 2nd grade classroom at St. Luke Catholic School in Two Rivers, Wisconsin that Friday afternoon when the principal (a nun, of course) broke over the loudspeaker and began to play the radio reports. I remember where the classroom was and where I was sitting, about midway in the far right row.

I was in the third grade in Denver. Walked home three blocks for lunch mother had a transistor radio on in the kitchen, a friend of hers called and they were talking excitedly. I went back to school and there was no one there except my teacher. She was crying and said go back home, no more school today.
My granddad was a track maintenance supervisor for the Rock Island railroad. I didn't know until the 80's they were working beside Stemmons freeway between Dealy Plaza and Parkland that day. He knew the president was coming to town that day but little else about his visit. While eating lunch he and the crew heard sirens then saw police motorcycles, cars and a black limo go flying by.
I've not bothered watching the show as I've read about the book. It's fiction. In the end LHO does it all by himself. For no particular reason, with no plan of escape (or money to speak of) using a cheap piece of junk gun he never picked up from his PO box. A gun purchased by money order leaving a paper trail when at that time he could have purchased a gun at any gun store in Texas with no paper trail.

freeagent":q1wo4bsz said:
Old Bearkat":q1wo4bsz said:
Most of those who would have witnessed Kennedy's assassination are dead by now. 52 years was a long time ago....

I resemble that remark ... I can still remember sitting in the 2nd grade classroom at St. Luke Catholic School in Two Rivers, Wisconsin that Friday afternoon when the principal (a nun, of course) broke over the loudspeaker and began to play the radio reports. I remember where the classroom was and where I was sitting, about midway in the far right row.

I was in 2nd grade at Big Lake Elementary that year. I did not hear about it until I overheard the high school kids talking about it while waiting for the bus.

I read the book.
I'll read pretty much anything he writes...even though some of it's not NEARLY as good as what he used to put out. 11.22.63 was an exception - smoothly written, with a good flow and punches where they worked best. I plan to see the whole series after it finishes its run, so I can squeeze the whole set into a free-trial week of Hulu! (I'm pretty cheap, that way)

As to what I remember...My oldest brother may have just been born...I was 6 years off.
TexianDoc

I read today the first episode mentions "we know for sure now George DeMornschild was recruited by the CIA to contact Oswald". I might have to watch this after all.

Back