#1 Balmorhea vs #4 Rankin

Thoughts on this game? Looks like it is set to be one of the best games coming into this week. Balmorhea is undefeated while Rankin is a one loss team (only loss is to Sterling City). The Bears have had Rankins # over the past few years, are the Red Devils finally going to step out of the Bears shadow? I personally don’t see it. Balmorhea 45’d Garden city (common opponent between both teams) and beat McLean. Bears are too fast and strong in this matchup. I’ll take Balmorhea by 30+, would not be surprised if the game ended by 45. Big game for the district championship!!

Balmorhea will win this one convincingly if they have no turnovers. Both teams are very talented but Balmorhea has been a tough matchup for Rankin these past couple of years. Thursday night will not be any different.

Just want to put it out there, that the weather may play a factor in this game. It's been cold and raining throughout the Permian Basin since last night.

SixmanFootballFan1":u0w3ia1u said:
Thoughts on this game? Looks like it is set to be one of the best games coming into this week. Balmorhea is undefeated while Rankin is a one loss team (only loss is to Sterling City). The Bears have had Rankins # over the past few years, are the Red Devils finally going to step out of the Bears shadow? I personally don’t see it. Balmorhea 45’d Garden city (common opponent between both teams) and beat McLean. Bears are too fast and strong in this matchup. I’ll take Balmorhea by 30+, would not be surprised if the game ended by 45. Big game for the district championship!!
I see balmorhea coming out on top, I think balmorhea will have rankin’s number for the next 3 years due to the fact that balmorheas jv 45ed rankins at half.

Devils_Messenger":29267wsk said:
Ares":29267wsk said:
Don't let the rankings fool you. Balmorhea wins and I wouldn't be surprised if its by 45+.

Please... this will be the upset of the year..

Settle down, there's still plenty of time left in the game...

Ares":3giwmpg6 said:
Devils_Messenger":3giwmpg6 said:
Ares":3giwmpg6 said:
Don't let the rankings fool you. Balmorhea wins and I wouldn't be surprised if its by 45+.

Please... this will be the upset of the year..

Settle down, there's still plenty of time left in the game...

You are right, and Vance Jones always makes great mid game adjustments. But no way balmorhea should ever have been a favorite by as much as they were. Second half will be a good one.

Devils_Messenger":2lava8cf said:
You are right, and Vance Jones always makes great mid game adjustments. But no way balmorhea should ever have been a favorite by as much as they were. Second half will be a good one.

Vance Jones also has a tendency to be stubborn with his play calling and not change up the game plan. If he makes his changes and those kids begin blocking. It could be a very interesting 2nd half. The blocking for Balmorhea is their main issue. They've been hit in the back field pretty much every play.

Back