“Rumor” regarding the playoff team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roach

Six-man pro
So apparently there really is a video, I’m assuming from tiktok or whatever, or just a regular iPhone video. Didn’t want my post to go unnoticed in the RS vs Strawn thread so I figured I’d just start a new thread. Question is, this late in the season, will anything happen anyway? Kid made a poor decision and hopefully gets some help and disciplinary actions over this. Also I don’t know how long ago this video was taken but I will say it does not look good...

So apparently there really is a video, I’m assuming from tiktok or whatever, or just a regular iPhone video. Didn’t want my post to go unnoticed in the RS vs Strawn thread so I figured I’d just start a new thread. Question is, this late in the season, will anything happen anyway? Kid made a poor decision and hopefully gets some help and disciplinary actions over this. Also I don’t know how long ago this video was taken but I will say it does not look good...
You know I think this site should be about football. A kid screws up and then it gets plastered all over the place. I think there is an appropriate place and time for that and this isn’t it. I don’t know. Tell me if I’m wrong.

Was it the post where you said you didn’t want to start any drama and it wasn’t your intention to. Yet here we are in a “new thread”? I agree with falcon. Argue ect. About football. Not directly trying drag a kid through the mud. If so surely the parents are aware of the situation and have handled it accordingly. You are a coach right? Or am I mistaken?

I agree and it is about football. Hopefully the kid was disciplined but I’m not sure that was the case. All I know is it’s not a good look on a particular school if this was just brushed under the rug. Video is pretty damning.

And the kid will most likely play this week, the thing is, would you have allowed that go without punishment or possible suspension so he can get help and learn from his mistakes? Otherwise this could be a problem with this kid in the future and I hope that is not the case. He made a mistake and he’s young, but if nothing happens to the kid and it does go unpunished I feel he might learn from this mistake. Just my opinion

Yes I am a coach currently taking the year off because of a major shoulder injury and will have surgery very soon. As a coach, I wouldn’t have allowed it, and I’m sure many other coaches would have a punishment plan in place. If it was me that would be a week suspension. That’s just me though.

Was it the post where you said you didn’t want to start any drama and it wasn’t your intention to. Yet here we are in a “new thread”? I agree with falcon. Argue ect. About football. Not directly trying drag a kid through the mud. If so surely the parents are aware of the situation and have handled it accordingly. You are a coach right? Or am I mistaken?
Which in my original post I said I may as well create this thread... you know that way it’s here in the topic it should belong to.

Watched the video too... definitely not a good look for RS and their star RB (the one who's singing a song about the KKK and beating a certain ethnicity with a baseball bat)... Yeah, that happened. Kids needs to stay off that social media crap.

Hey there roach I’m sure you’ll get plenty of calls for job interviews when you’re ready to get out of that there shoulder injury to coach again. I know you would love it if another coach got on here to spread rumors on you and your outfit. Coach Lee doesn’t like those type fans either.

While I do not know nor care about this video, the term "offensive and promoting white supermacy" could be almost anything. I'm going to laugh if all the kid did was wear a MAGA hat and say something about "Making America Great Again." Or did that stupid handle signal that every 8th grade history teacher used to help students remember the 3rd Amendment and Kobe Bryant did when the LA Lakers won 3 championships in a row that the media decided recently was a symbol of white supermacy.

I don't support any punishment until I know exactly what he allegedly did. Then again, I am all for not posting dirty laundry on here. Either way, don't leave it open to the imagination where the reader thinks the worst of the situation.

One alternative might be to take discussions like this and other non-football related topics to a non-football sub-forum. I like free speech too. The kid has a right to it and so does Roach. Discretion is what is needed. I certainly don't want to see anyone removed.

I’m just curious as to what benefit you as a currently unemployed coach gained taking time out of your day to clearly search out said video and “not start drama” post it on here. Here you even privately messaged longhorn to clearly keep talking about it, but hey coach you do you. Whatever makes you feel better.

One alternative might be to take discussions like this and other non-football related topics to a non-football sub-forum. I like free speech too. The kid has a right to it and so does Roach. Discretion is what is needed. I certainly don't want to see anyone removed.
I think Roach should tell what he allegedly did if he decided to post on here. If I have learned anything from the media coverage of Donald Trump's presidency, it is that leaving information out is usually worse than patently false information.

I think Roach should tell what he allegedly did if he decided to post on here. If I have learned anything from the media coverage of Donald Trump's presidency, it is that leaving information out is usually worse than patently false information.

I agree 100%. I would like to see that discussion somewhere else but here. That way, those that don’t want to see it don’t have to. This sub forum is for football talk. Like how RS is going to win by 8, 48 hours from now. ;-)

I saw the video, and it is definitely not that young man's finest hour. In fact, I think he would be done for a while if he played in the NFL.

Roach: if this happened at school, the school should address it. If it happened after hours, the parents should take care of it. If you are just another loser that hates Richland Springs, you need to be stepped on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back