WV/Crowell vs Ira

Bob Marley

11-man fan
Wow the WV/Crowell game being postponed till Monday will be huge for Ira. I'm sure this late in the season all the teams remaining are a little banged up and WV/Crowell winner will essentially have 3 less days to recover and game plan for Ira. I think a short week could make a big difference in favor of Ira.

Bob Marley":2kz73inx said:
Wow the WV/Crowell game being postponed till Monday will be huge for Ira. I'm sure this late in the season all the teams remaining are a little banged up and WV/Crowell winner will essentially have 3 less days to recover and game plan for Ira. I think a short week could make a big difference in favor of Ira.

Not allowed according to UIL rules. 5 days minimum between games I believe. That makes it a Saturday game. But I could be wrong.

As for as the kids having more time for aches and bruises to heal, I agree with you. As for as the Coaches game planning goes, they need to concentrate on one team. Planning for two totally different offenses doubles your work. You can't actually work with your team installing a game plan until you know for sure who you play. Makes for a short week for all concerned.

I watched a U of IL guy being interviewed saturday morning in the midnight to 1 slot on Fox Sports SW. He hinted that having a special ruling on breaking the 5 day rule was not out of the question. It would depend on the situation. Playing the game monday and the next on saturday would keep ya'll on track for the 5 days. Putting the game off again (which could happen) would really throw a monkey wrench into UIL schedules.

SimplyPut":1fc92ohi said:
Bob Marley":1fc92ohi said:

Not allowed according to UIL rules. 5 days minimum between games I believe. That makes it a Saturday game. But I could be wrong.
does the uil rules take the thanksgiving holliday into account?

I have heard of playoff games being held on thanksgiving. ................. Nothing comes before football. In some people's lives anyway.

cw2006":2nk8sr99 said:
SimplyPut":2nk8sr99 said:
Bob Marley":2nk8sr99 said:

does the uil rules take the thanksgiving holliday into account?

Cut and Paste just this section for convenience sake.

(3) Minimum Time Between Regular Season Games. Up to and including the final district game, no team or student in
any conference shall be permitted to take part in more than one game within five calendar days. Example: A team
playing Saturday night cannot play again until the following Thursday night. A team playing Monday night could play
any time on Saturday.
(4) Minimum Time Between Playoff Games. No team or student in any conference shall be permitted to take part in more
than one playoff game within six calendar days, unless mutually agreeable to play within five calendar days.

I'm sure both coaches are kicking themselves for not coming to a mutual decision to play on Thursday. I don't know how big they are on routines but they can kiss it goodbye next week. Adds a lot more pressure on the coaches and players having a short week and knowing it's going to be against the #1 team in the state.

About to head out to go watch Water Valley vs Crowell in Rotan, to see who my Ira Bulldogs will play next. Frisco to Rotan= 244 miles according to Mr. Google Maps. Worth every mile.......see y'all there.

Back