WOW! Tioga 44 - Union Hill 40!

Longhorn85

Six-man fan
Game basically ended with a Tioga Field Goal with the ball spotted at the Union Hill 12... so 28 yds to win in a tie ball game at the time! Left 2 seconds on the clock and then Tioga kicked it through the end zone and Union Hill had one play left.. with 4 laterals that sounded like it almost got loose before a fumble!

Longhorn85":2s0pmcod said:
Game basically ended with a Tioga Field Goal with the ball spotted at the Union Hill 12... so 28 yds to win in a tie ball game at the time! Left 2 seconds on the clock and then Tioga kicked it through the end zone and Union Hill had one play left.. with 4 laterals that sounded like it almost got loose before a fumble!

It was a 32 yard field goal to win. And yes those laterals at the end of the game nearly worked.

Longhorn85":35obg3jf said:
Kicking from the ball spotted just outside the 12... holder lined up deep to make that 32 or 33!

Don’t want the kick blocked. The kid hits from deep in practice though. He’s got a leg.

Leman Saunders":meh0iun5 said:
and that is on an 11man field and no portable goal posts it looks like...so was that kick 10 yards further than is should have been???

Nope. They moved the ball forward to where it should’ve been

Leman Saunders":v66rj9wn said:
ok good...at least the refs were on top of that...Im sure that could have been an issue there and with PATs

And between the two teams both were perfect on PAT’s and the one field goal for Tioga.

I meant to say this also....Union Hill is a great team and I fully expect them to make a big run for state next year. Gabe Nelson is extremely good and this sounds crazy but Tiogas defense played great and he still got 255 yards. With him and other big pieces coming back next year they will be loaded with talent.

Would it have been different if Gabe doesn't hurt his knee in the first quarter and Colt Mallory got to play? Yikes! Who would be playing this week? Lol good luck Tioga

Elite":nt1anw6i said:
Would it have been different if Gabe doesn't hurt his knee in the first quarter and Colt Mallory got to play? Yikes! Who would be playing this week? Lol good luck Tioga

Yes you are right...Tioga deserves "ZERO" credit. There defense did not hold Union Hill to season low in points because they are good, its because Union Hill didnt have Mallory (Which he tried to play and was ineffective) and Nelson who rushed for 255(With a hurt knee???) looked fine on the TD that tied it up 40-40. Never give Tioga any credit!!! Good Job Elite!

It was a well deserved win nonetheless. Tioga was a 45 point underdog and somehow, someway found a way to stick around and put themselves in position to win the game when just about everyone gave them no chance. Elite just sounds salty not even giving Tioga credit when credit is due. Union Hill would’ve, could’ve, should’ve but didn’t and Tioga moves on. End of story.

Elite":3sn4a11p said:

I wondered about this very thing. I tuned in after the Strawn - Aspermont game, I. E. mid 3rd quarter and UH was down by I think three scores. I was shocked. I'd heard they had injuries earlier in the year but not who or how bad and wondered. Nelson wasn't running a lot given that's what he's known for, but passing. I never heard Mallory's name called and wondered some more. UH is difficult to find anything on, I looked at the Gilmer and Longview papers website throughout the year, nothing. After the game I looked there and the Prosper paper as well as just googling both teams.
Nelson did make some big runs and they almost came back. Pray no injuries are serious and all recover.
Given the schedules of both teams and Jonesboro's experience, last year and Coaching, not to bust any bubbles here but I'll take the Eagles by 45, maybe by the half.
Good luck to both teams. I've seen neither team play this year and may well be full of incorrect.
Luck to Tioga next year in 2A. Wish y'all could stay.

BuffaloCountry said:
It was a well deserved win nonetheless. Tioga was a 45 point underdog and somehow, someway found a way to stick around and put themselves in position to win the game when just about everyone gave them no chance. Elite just sounds salty not even giving Tioga credit when credit is due. Union Hill would’ve, could’ve, should’ve but didn’t and Tioga moves on. End

lets talk football, I challenge you two puppets

Elite":3isribor said:
BuffaloCountry":3isribor said:
It was a well deserved win nonetheless. Tioga was a 45 point underdog and somehow, someway found a way to stick around and put themselves in position to win the game when just about everyone gave them no chance. Elite just sounds salty not even giving Tioga credit when credit is due. Union Hill would’ve, could’ve, should’ve but didn’t and Tioga moves on. End

I’m always down for that. Didn’t mean to come off like an A-Hole which I’m sure I did.

BuffaloCountry":2eme6ws4 said:
Elite":2eme6ws4 said:
BuffaloCountry":2eme6ws4 said:

I’m always down for that. Didn’t mean to come off like an A-Hole which I’m sure I did.

Pm me, and I'll set it up. I'll buy

Elite":z55g0vyo said:
BuffaloCountry":z55g0vyo said:

I'm nobody's puppet. I stand by what I said. I was talking football. Jonesboro by 45.
I'll buy.

Back