Wichita Christian starts a new season and era

SeeingStars

11-man fan
The Stars will be kicking off this season this Friday night against UIL Chillicothe. Last years Stars took it on the chin going 1-9. This years team looks like they will be much improved. A new crop of freshman who have done nothing but win in JR High and a couple of transfers from two local UIL powerhouses (4A Playoff team and a 1A PLayoff team) plus a very young but talented freshman QB in Michael Maddox and a steller returning RB in Trip Roberts (900 yards last season as a freshman) should help us to improve this year. I am looking for at least 5-5 and building towards what should be a state run in 2-3 years. Chilcothe will be tough...they mercy ruled us last year but will find it not so easy this year.

Good luck to everyone this Friday night!

SS

That's all well and good, but winning in JH is a completely different world than HS. Someone will introduce them soon. Welcome to high school football.

Your right about the Jr High Game and the Varsity game being differant...in fact that was a very astute point you made there buddy...Varsity if harder than Jr High...yep - I would agree.

We will only be starting 2 of the freshman...the QB and a defensive end on defense. The QB will handle it fine...had no problem against UIL teams intheir scrimmage, however both UIL teams were only fair. He will learn some lessons this year...there is no doubt about that.

The rest of the team however goes with 3 seniors on offense and 2 sophomores...both sophomores are men. On defense the same mix. My point was simply that this is a much improved WCS team...I did not say they were gonna win State...in fact 5-5 is my prediction with probably a first round loss in the playoffs...but in 2-3 years if they stay together....LOOK OUT!

Great game by the stars against a pretty stout Eagle team...59-43 Eagles...thats a long way from a 45 folks...Freshman QB stepped up with a big game and the Senior RB played great...overall a good start and something to build upon.

Lets get ready for Azle

yea i knew you had several older guys returning.. since yall had a fairly young team a couple years ago. Even then yall did pretty good, since our teams go back and forth. Looking forward to playing ya in the coming weeks.

Actually we are pretty young now. We start 3 freshman and 2 sophs...but we are improved over last years team. We may not win every game thats for sure but we will battle...I do not see any mercy rules this year for us...that has a lot to do with our improving and a lot to do with our schedule. What team do you represent?

Thats awesome...some great games between our two schools the last couple of years...I am sure this year will be no differant. Have a great season and enjoy your Senior year...we will see you guys on the 28th. Be sure to look up #1 and #84...they are my sons...if possible after the game come on over and introduce yourself

God Bless

I will be #28 starting qb and defensive line. Last year I was not able to play due to a broken wrist I suffered during our first scrimmage. I am looking forward to playing a full season this year Lord willing.

Back